Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 20:18   #46
BHPian

Re: The Art of Following & Changing Lanes safely

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Corollary 2: Drive at a speed appropriate to a static visibility limit of 5 seconds for that lane.
The curved road image from this post is etched in my mind and I faced a similar situation few days ago.

I was travelling on ECity Flyover and took turn towards ECity, Bangalore.

At the beginning of the Curve, we can see any empty road.
Only when we enter the curve, we see two wheeler riders waiting under metro line to avoid getting drenched in rain.

This video is an example of Static CAS which is mentioned and I find it very helpful. Many thanks for sharing.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

My former boss once told me about the "MSM" strategy to follow while changing lanes.

MSM - Mirror Signal Maneuver.

His words have stayed with me and I have noticed that I unconsciously follow the same while moving accross lanes.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:52   #48
Ice
BHPian

Since overtaking on two-lane roads is covered here:

Most drivers I’ve seen instinctively know not to overtake on curves, and do so with full knowledge of the risk involved. They should be caned, of course.

But as much as these drivers know that curve/overtakes are bad-bad, they don’t realise the same rule applies to undulations. If the road you’re on cuts your visibility because it’s rising and falling ahead of you, DON’T OVERTAKE. It’s as bad as overtaking on a curve, and for the same reasons - no visibility.
Ice is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
If the road you’re on cuts your visibility because it’s rising and falling ahead of you, DON’T OVERTAKE. It’s as bad as overtaking on a curve, and for the same reasons - no visibility.
Agree. Here's a video caught on dashcam recently. which I posted on a different thread.

Posting link here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5346364 (Your near-miss experiences on the road)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks