Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 12:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Govt to make 3-point seatbelts mandatory for all front facing passengers

Anyone know when this rule will be implemented or any update regarding it?
I hope they coincide this with 6 airbag rule which will implement from 1st October,2022. Fingers crossed!
Old 9th September 2022, 09:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
What about front facing passengers in bus or commercial transport? Shouldn't we care about lives in buses and other commercial transport like trucks. I wonder why no one is talking about safety in a bus that does 90-100 kph day in and day out. I strongly believe safety should be mandated across all road worthy vehicles, only then it can be widely accepted and practiced without fail.
All commercial vehicles are supposed to have a speed governor at 80kmph.

And yes, this is high enough speed for everyone to be wearing seat belts. Let's hope this rule comes in as well. Enough people have lost lives now.
Old 21st October 2022, 07:16   #33
BHPian

A friend just forwarded this. Seems like Karnataka is taking the seat belt issue seriously. We have to wait and see how well it is implemented.
Attached Thumbnails
Govt to make 3-point seatbelts mandatory for all front facing passengers-d8c1a114b62145a985bb9e1657f7435c.jpg  

Last edited by Bhargav7 : 21st October 2022 at 07:18.
Old 21st October 2022, 09:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Three 3-point seat belt should have been one of the first safety mandates that should have happened alongside dual airbags. Alas, its happening 4 years after ISOFIX mandate.

Am not saying ISOFIX shouldn't have been done. I am one of the benificiary of the ISOFIX and top tether, as I could chose a child seat that provided the additional security.

Ideally the cars' seating capacity should be rated based on the number of 3-point seat belts and the side facing contraptions should be gotten rid off. They don't serve any earthly purpose other than being a death trap.

Lap belts are basically showoff, in our S-Cross we found it fit only the kids and wouldn't fit an adult.

Goes to show how far ahead of time the Toyota Etios twins were, it featured the 3rd 3-pointer way back in 2014 or 2016 facelift.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 10:11   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Should have made head restraints for all passengers mandatory too. Rear visibilty is anyway poor in modern cars.
Hate to see many cars without any rear head restraints (just pillows) and A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y hate to see that many manufacturers take away the rear head restraints in lower variants. While I could point out many others, they atleast give some semblance of a pillow like thing. The worst criminal behaviour is from Maruti. The Brezza LXi rear seats belongs to an economy hatchback in the 2000s!!! Funny the equivalent priced Ertiga has proper head restraints in the base variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Goes to show how far ahead of time the Toyota Etios twins were, it featured the 3rd 3-pointer way back in 2014 or 2016 facelift.
It had it in the 2016 Platinum facelift.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:39   #36
BHPian

It seems that the government has not issued the order yet. Otherwise the to be launched Honda Elevate would have got it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks