Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2024, 10:13   #106

Re: Driving Lenses - Zeiss DriveSafe Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
So, I have used these lenses for a good 2.5 months now. My observations :
  • They are reasonably good while driving.
  • They look really posh. They've got a blue reflection and that is very conspicuous, that too from both front and back. They scream quality in the face !
  • The Zeiss Logo and our name / initials being on the lens is fancy.
  • The place where I could notice a significant difference is when we drive against the sun. The glare is near zero compared to other lenses I have used till date (Local, Crizals). Whenever I drive/ride against the sun, I feel "Okay, money well spent."

So, Are they good ?
Yes, they are great.

Are they worth the price ?
Maybe. For me, spectacles are a part of me. Without them, I can barely see. So, I do not mind spending money on them.
Can you please let us know if the above feedback is of lenses with coating or of the full fledged ones? Also, do things look a little yellowish with these lenses?

Planning to buy one as my driving both in sun and night has increased.
Old 25th August 2024, 11:12   #107
BHPian

Re: Driving Lenses - Zeiss DriveSafe Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs_maverick View Post
Can you please let us know if the above feedback is of lenses with coating or of the full fledged ones? Also, do things look a little yellowish with these lenses?
Hi,
Yeah, that feedback was about the full fledged ones. I've been using them till day and I can say, they're good. Unfortunately I haven't been driving a lot. But yes, they do feel protective against the sun and heavy lights.

It's like the lens is coated in multiple layers of that protective coating, both front and back. All reflections on the lens are blue in color both when viewed from front and back (as opposed to them being blue only in the front for the normal lens).

For some reason, it feels like these lens just ooze quality. But don't expect a day and night difference when you switch to them initially. It's more like you're paying a premium for higher quality protection for the coming months.

And yes, it does show you the world in that yellowish/greenish tint as you see with blue light filtering lens. But not too away from reality
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks