Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 18:57   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ignis - 0 steering returnabilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This is a standard Maruti cost cutting issue, and plagues every Maruti car apart from Jimny and maybe Grand Vitara (return to center is not outright inexistent but it is very weak).
No return-to-centre issue with the Grand Vitara - works as expected in mine. Neither have I seen this in our Swift/Baleno1.6/A-star etc.
Old 27th June 2024, 11:44   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?

https://x.com/dhans4all/status/18061...Bn2qV4vPg&s=19

The video in the X post exemplifies a failure of the return-to-cenre feature of the steering.

The silver car driver was hoping his steering would return to centre automatically, but these cars don't do that easily. Hence he carried on around the curve.

Always safer to guide the steering back by hand, & not depend on the return-to-centre feature.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 10:58   #183
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The silver car driver was hoping his steering would return to centre automatically, but these cars don't do that easily. Hence he carried on around the curve.
I haven't driven the M800 in a while! but I'm sure it does not have a power steering, therefore return to center is somewhat stronger, isn't it?

The 1984 M800 I started with had strong return to center. The next 1997 wasn't that bad either, but the 2000 model (the one in the video) I have little memory of, the straight steering feel was a little vague I remember.
Old 28th June 2024, 13:32   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I haven't driven the M800 in a while! but I'm sure it does not have a power steering, therefore return to center is somewhat stronger, isn't it?
I still have the standard model of Alto 2009 which does not have power steering.

I have never faced the issue of steering not returning to centre. If the wheels are balanced and alignment are done regularly and if the speed is greater than 10 kmph and less than 20kmph, with a slight push to the steering the steering will automatically align to the centre.
Old 22nd July 2024, 02:08   #185
BANNED

1996 model 4 speed manual Maruti 800 I was using till 2008 had a good returning steering as far as I remember. Though not power assisted, it did what it was expected to.

Not sure why modern technologies in automotive industry is not helping the Maruti customers with better steering.
Old 22nd July 2024, 07:03   #186
Senior - BHPian

I did not find any issues with my 2024 Swift steering thus far. Seems quite ok in terms of response and return to centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks