Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 12:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Superbike Rider runs away from cops, then posts video clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Unsure why you'd be out on the road with a illegal number plate or window tint or a broken tail light (inviting a rear-ending into your own vehicle).

Are you also saying we should not pay our taxes? Is the 'only disadvantage' not getting a loan from a nationalized bank?
Sorry you misunderstand.

I'm not saying that Fines should not be paid, Nor about taxes. What I'm talking about is the reward system in our bureaucracy. The guys who jump the signal which is a much worse crime leading to injury/ death are allowed to go Scott free, along with other misdemeanors like illegal number plate, window tint, etc. But the guys who stop at the red light are subject to scrutiny and harassment if nothing finable is found. I know it's just a stop and document check.
But you're keys are confiscated, you're expected to push your 2-wheeler to the side and then wait with your documents for your turn for the inspection. All fine when you see law and order around you, but what you see is that the signal changed 3-4 times again and another 20 odd signal jumpers not being penalized.

And as far as paying your taxes, I've been paying for 20 odd years. In fact I once got a notice by registered post for a shortfall of Re. 1/-. But many people in our country don't pay taxes because they don't want to be registered in the system and that's a fact. If you've never come across anyone like that, I'm sure you live in an utopian city.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 14:58   #32
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Superbike Rider runs away from cops, then posts video clarification

Didn't have the patience to watch the entire video, as I felt the guy has some superiority complex just because he owns a superbike. Fair enough, he spent for it. But here are a few excerpts from the 8 mins of the video I watched, listing it out for you all.
  1. One doesn't dare to not stop when a police personnel flags you down, no matter what.
  2. The guy says "thodi si speed jyada thi" while climbing the flyover ramp. He casually says later the speed was between 150-200 kmph.
  3. After dodging and escaping the cops, the guy here zooms at 250 kmph for the next 25 kms on that road with reasonably good amount of traffic as appears in the video.
  4. The dude was driving with proper documentation (no RC) and without proper number plates.
  5. He atlast demands from the govt. to allow insane speeds like 250 kmph on public highways.
  6. He can afford a superbike but not a track.

I would side with the the cops here. We come across tens of videos of superbikes over speeding and crashing into cars and pedestrians every now and then. Secondly, bikers who do not understand a thing apart from acceleration in their insanely powerful machines are a real menace on the roads. And trust me on this, we get a lot of them here in Kutch every year during the Rann Utsav.

I believe, if a person buys a superbike, he should be ready to go to a suitable road to enjoy and appreciate his love for it regardless of the distance. He cannot necessarily ride his bike in the nearby highways at insane speeds putting everyone around him in danger. Especially while they serpentine overtake between cars. It's a heart-in-mouth situation for the car drivers always.

I am amazed at the audacity of the fellow even after being so horribly wrong. He should actually thank his stars that he escaped unhurt and without being detained for his misadventure.

Bikers really need to understand that one, they are not the sole creature travelling on the road. Two, their show-off can cost several people nearby their lives. I am of firm belief that the speed should be governed on superbikes to not more than 120 kmph.

Peace...
urbanzameendar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 09:46   #33
BHPian

The rider confesses on his video, that they were between 150/200 kmph and in his words "flew by" the speed radar. Naturally the police had put up a barrier ahead because these guys were endangering other motorists on the road. Now they didn't stop near the barricade and escaped the cops. The mistake (as claimed in the video) was one cop hitting this youtuber on his helmet with a cone.

However, the police can take any action to stop public endangerment including shooting the biker if need be.
Moreover this youtuber confesses that he had no intent to stop.
AirbusCapt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:05   #34
BHPian

Sadly, these events will only help reinforce the unfortunate stereotype of the superbikers.
Vijin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Does the law states that they can use force for a routine traffic stop. The offence is in hindsight.

Perfect case of reductio ad absurdum. The law should state (or already states) what to do in case someone does not stop when asked to for a routine traffic stop. I am sure it does not say, "hit the biker with a traffic cone". There are mitigating circumstances for not stopping as well, which is our police force isnt professional at best or at worst criminals in uniform.

Arrested for what? What was charge on the biker before he decided he wont stop when asked by the police?

"A colonial mentality is the internalized attitude of ethnic or cultural inferiority felt by people as a result of colonization, i.e. them being colonized by another group"
Traffic police in certain given circumstances have the power to even fire at a fleeing person if the situation so desires. They have done it in other cases. They did not do it here because the situation required only throwing a cone.

Your hypothetical arguments are based on general assumptions and when you are trying to prove a case, assumptions do not work. You talk about things like it was a routine checking , what was their offence, what is the law.
What is the source of your information that it was a routine stop? Not to mention, they were clocked over speeding. That itself is an offence to start with and a reason to stop them. Also, since you like assumptions so much, they could be running away after hitting some one 20 kms earlier, or they could have looted a store in the last city and are getting away. We dont know do we. There are no ends to the assumptions that can be made. The logical thing is to see what is on record and draw an opinion.

So you are saying, they can speed up to 200 kmph on public roads, get recorded while doing it, and when the cops try to stop them they are right in fleeing. Should the cops have waited for them to crash and cause casualty.

I also have access to the same wikipedia definition of 'colonial mindset' as you. I still do not know how copy pasting a definition makes it relevant in this particular case. Every situation warrants a response depending upon the facts of that situation. A one size fits all does not work. Cops could be wrong in 100 other scenarios, but here nope.

Last edited by bigron : 8th September 2020 at 10:23.
bigron is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

There are few greater traffic offenses than evading an office of law doing his duty. And later publicizing it on a platform like Youtube? I hope to god this video is taken down before anarchy spread around the country.

I know a few cops can be unreasonable, but I'm sure the biker had something to hide. I just hope cops don't start using spike strips or some other contraption to stop users just because of a few idiots like these.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:56   #37
BHPian

Not only did this youtuber commit an offence, he is proudly putting up a video about it while admitting riding at 150 - 200 Kmph in a 90 Kmph zone.

Years ago I had an incident on this very flyover as I was overspeeding in my car.

I immediately stopped after I was gestured by the cops.

Talked with them politely and was let go with a warning. Have been strictly adhering to speed limits since then.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 8th September 2020 at 12:22.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:40   #38
BHPian

Some children were dropped as a baby, this guy was clearly thrown against a wall.

There is only one rule when it comes to police checking, if the cops ask you to stop you stop. Running away starts you on a slippery slope that can have a snowballing effect. Pathetic to even watch this.

While I do not condone the cops action to hurl a cone at him which on a bad day could have missed that guy and hit some innocent bystander or some other vehicle, which is irresponsible behaviour from his part but the guy riding the bike did deserve this too.

There have been instances were in police checking they forcefully remove the key from the ignition which caused the guy to lose balance of his bike and his pillion fell on the road and some heavy vehicle ran over them. So police personal should be more careful with the technique they use at these stops.

A quick look at this guys youtube channel and his MO/claim to fame is that he can do fat wheelies on public roads, and he still thinks he has been wronged man. What a snowflake..I don't know how to react to this.

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 8th September 2020 at 12:42.
krishnaprasadgg is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 13:11   #39
BHPian

He is using his channel to garner support for the superbike community who cannot ride their bikes at their 'normal' speeds because either they are not allowed on some roads or challaned on some!.

From his point of view, he feels he is justified as he has paid for the bike and paid taxes.

As for the authorities, they have to keep the bigger picture in mind. That is the safety and security of the general road users!. Whether the biker is wearing safety gear or getting full value for his money is the least of their concerns.

Neutrally speaking, if you are buying a superbike be prepared to go through all of these as our country does not even have roads to ride those on!. Or just shut up and ride them at normal speeds along with other road users without cribbing!.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The thing that stands out in the video and this TBHP thread as well is that the third rider actually stopped and was penalised while the ones that fled went scot free. The OP of the video keeps saying that the third rider kept insisting that they stop at the barricade while the OP and the second rider had decided to evade. If the cop cocking a gun at the third rider is true, then it is as wrong as the act of the first two riders fleeing. It underscores the point wildsdi5530 was making.

I’ve been fined for wearing headphones under my helmet (didn’t know it was an offence) while having been let go with a warning for jumping a light (I was careless and didn’t notice the traffic signal at all!). The jump was stupid and far more dangerous as it was at a busy intersection. I had stopped right after to gather my wits when a cop walked up. I’d removed my helmet and apologised to him. He could have fined me, instead just put a hand on my shoulder and asked me to focus while riding! Spoke to me for a couple of minutes and even offered some water! That’s the day I realised cops are regular joes like us. And don’t we come in all shapes and sizes?

As someone mentioned here, the heartening thing is the number of YT comments that panned this guy.
GreyNomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 14:12   #41
BHPian

Honestly, the whole premise of a "check post" should be done away with. In todays age of information flow, if the cop spots an offender, or a camera tags a speeder...the number may be noted and fine sent to owners address to be paid. If the driver/rider wants to challenge it, he/she may do so.

This cuts down police biased behaviour, bribery, road rage, time waste etc.

The biker in this case is clearly in the wrong, trying to leverage his own bias against police bias (which does exist). Minimising this point of contact can save a lot of resources.

However this is India. Parallel economy is cribbed against and condoned but i digress lol
Ash_vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 14:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What that rider did was illegal, and based on his own video evidence can and should be sent to prison or face the judiciary.

When a cop asks you to stop, you stop. In the US, this guy would have gotten chased, hunted down, and probably shot to death for evading cops on duty. It’s that serious an offence.
Agree with Redliner!
If a cop asks you to stop, you stop! whatever his intentions are.
I like to believe that these ‘super-bikers’ have ample knowledge of MV Rules and if they have everything in order, there is no need to worry about cops stopping them. Of course exceptions are everywhere, but that doesn’t give them an excuse for speeding away when asked to stop.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:52   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone aware of the latest? I think it would be easy for law enforcement to track him down if they wish to. He has the delivery video uploaded in July. There would not be too many bikes like these delivered in June/July in Delhi.

He also mentions during the onward journey he "throttled" and probably rattled the cops. Why would you do that? If you are out to enjoy the bike, leave others be.

Atleast one in the group was sensible enough and paid the overspeeding challan.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:53   #44
BHPian

What an ironical video !

To start with, he himself admits about over-speeding.
Then he evaded a speed-cam.
Then made an elaborate plan to not stop at a police check point.
Then he actually dangerously zips past them.

Then comes home and posts a video explaining all of this !!! Epic

Last but not the least, an advertisement of almost 2 mins at the start of the video and at the end he says there is no other reason to posting this video than raising awareness
Anand3553 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 15:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

PS: just because you own something expensive does not give the police the right to fine you whatever the fine amount may be. What is the reason for fining the last guy 2 thousand rupees? That the other riders escaped?
The reason is very well stated by this moron and i.e. overspeeding. He is openly admitting that he was doing speeds of 150-200 kmph and then when he encountered a speed detector police van, he gave them a fly past (whatever that is supposed to mean). Honestly at those speeds, I would not object to the cops also charging him for rash driving, endangering lives of fellow motorists and a hundred more laws. He is further admitting his number plate is also illegal and not as per the law. He is a moron and needs to be shown the stick before it gets too late and he finds more followers. I hope this video reached the cops and they take necessary action.

Last edited by drmohitg : 8th September 2020 at 15:02.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks