Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2018, 07:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Accident Car: Keep it or Sell it?

A car which has undergone such an accident, is better written off as a total loss and replaced.
No point hanging on to something which has seen this kind of experience.
Because, leaving aside all other considerations for a moment, you will never have the same “peace of mind” when driving this vehicle even after comprehensive repairs are carried out.
So in my book, Insurance Total Loss claim is the best way out. Peace of mind, in my thinking, is worth much more than money is.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th November 2018 at 07:40.
Old 30th November 2018, 10:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidental Car: Keep it or Sell it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
I'm not sure about the structural strength going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
The roof and A-B-C Pillars seem mostly intact, I would say you should keep it (repaired). S Cross is a solidly built car unlike other Marutis and it shows in your case too. Even after 2 full spins, its roof is intact and pillars are not crushed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^ Agree. Seems to be more of body hits than to the frame. Infact your A & B & C pillars seem quite intact from the photos you have shared.
I agree with what the others have said - there does not seem to be much of a hit to the frame. My recommendation would be to keep the car - the maturity level of fixing these back is high now.

In fact, I did the same with my car - here are some pictures of what had happened back in 2016: URL. It has been more than 2 years since the episode and I have never felt like looking back at the decision of keeping the car.

I had a Zero Dep Insurance and had to pay around 5K from pocket for the complete repair of the car which came close to 4.0 L

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th November 2018 at 10:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks