Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you feel safe behind the wheel of your car?
Yes, I do feel safe in my car 355 84.12%
No, my car doesn't make me feel safe 67 15.88%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 12:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Poll: Do you feel safe behind the wheel of your car?

Nexon makes me feel very safe. It's 4 STAR NCAP! The build quality feels solid. When I unscrew something, the underpinnings look well put together. In the event of an impact I know I'll come out safe. Have seen the many accidents (in Media) and in not a single event has the passenger cabin been breached.
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Do you feel safe behind the wheel of your car?-img_2795.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 4th December 2018 at 13:02.
Old 4th December 2018, 13:03   #92
BANNED

I do feel safe in my 4th generation Honda City as I don't take the car to speeds greater than 100 kmph, that's my predefined safety speed till now. But now after having Honda City I don't feel safe in our WagonR at speeds more than 60 kmph (very much used to take it to speeds greater than 80 kmph during college days). More than outright acceleration and speed, I enjoy rev matching downshifts and cornering which almost all roads in Kerala provide.

Note : I live in Kerala

Last edited by pavi : 4th December 2018 at 13:05.
Old 4th December 2018, 13:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

I feel perfectly safe whether I am driving my Yeti OR my old Gypsy.
Largely because I am a pretty confident driver and dont like taking unnecessary risks while on the road.
Better to drive with patience and enjoy one’s vehicle than to attempt mad manoeuvres.
However, saying all this, one is only as safe as the extent that other road users allow one to remain safe. Considering the indiscipline and unruliness of Indian traffic situations in city as well as on the highway, one has to practice a lot of care and anticipation while driving!
Old 28th December 2018, 13:51   #94
BHPian

Nice thread ! I am giving my opinion as under. I almost never drive at high speed but I am penning down my experience as below.

My Hyundai Grand I 10 ASTA Automatic ( no airbags ) 2014 model - The car's build is solid and I feel very safe at low speeds even in absence of safety features. At triple digit speed , I don't feel safe at all as there is no ABS , no airbags.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 Petrol ( with ABS and airbags ) 2010 model - The build quality is good and makes you feel safe till you reach speed of 100 km/hr. Good for cornering and has very nice steering with precision. But if you try to push it further , say till 120 Km/hr. then it starts loosing its solid feel.

My Toyota Altis 1.8 G Petrol Automatic ( with ABS and airbags) - Although the build quality is not very solid I feel safe inside due to it's reliability , safety features and large footprint. I feel very much under control till 120 km/hr. but after that the steering feel is not solid/confidence inspiring. Changing lanes at high speed is not a comfortable or easy manure.

My old Ford Ikon Petrol ( no abs / no airbags , not with me anymore ) - I felt safest inside this car without any safety features. It was a solid one. I felt safest even at high speeds and would rate highest in giving the occupants the "safe feel" inside.
amolathalye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks