Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:35   #121
BHPian

I suffered this 80kmph speed limit recently in a new Ford Ecosport taken for rent from Zoomcar. I felt literally like the car was not moving at all in the highways at this speed because there were nearly 0 to 2 vehicles visible. I couldn't overtake, and also I need to do a detailed planning before I do a overtake. My car should be running only around 60kmph speed if I wanted to do confident overtake of a vehicle which I didn't do at all. It was just creating more and more frustrating and restlessness when you start experience these kind of limitations. I think the speed governor should become a smart governor and have vehicles speed controlled according to the location or roads they travel. Seriously I couldn't think of how to use that car during emergency situations. I just hope I don't need to rent self drive rentals again and get into this handcuffed situations. Also there is no use of choosing different model cars in the self drive rentals sites anymore.
Old 9th December 2017, 15:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire Tour S - Now speed limited to 80 kmph!

I thought about of this thread when i took a Uber ride in the recent past. We had a get together and it was decided that my friend and I take a taxi both ways. We headed back home at around 10.30Pm and our ride was an Uber Eon, roads were relatively empty at that time and the driver was doing 90 to 100Kph inside city limits with us in the backseat. I told him to slow down and had to remind him again.
Old 9th December 2017, 15:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it is going to improve any driving discipline at all. Most of the 'dirty' driving is done at lower speeds within moderate and heavy traffic. No lane discipline, no turning indicators, always on high beam, jumping traffic lights, overtaking through the left on two lane roads... The list can go on. Very few taxi drivers actually drive at very high speeds as per my observation. This is a useless restriction I believe. This can only increase driver / rider frustration.

Last edited by clevermax : 9th December 2017 at 16:00.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 12:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

My POV is different. I don't enjoy being driven in a Zero NCAP hatchback taxi at 100KpH. I pay to get from point A to B safely, if I have to speed i rather do it in my own car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks