Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2024, 01:42   #1006

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
Why has aggressive driving become a habit for everyone? Why can't folks realize that all the short-cuts, speed, jumping signals, abusing other road users is only going to save them just few minutes. But at what cost ?
Sad reality is that they do not even save few minutes. In Pune, you will see bikers fighting tooth and nail to squeeze into that non existent gap on a signal. And once its green you will see them cruising at 30-40.

And they scuff and scratch the front and rear bumpers of a standstill car without any remorse. Even if you do realise that your car is nicked(which you dont most times), we cannot get out in that bumper to bumper traffic and even point it out

I have just accepted that this will keep happening. And this road situation is one of the reasons I postponed my bigger car upgrade decision.
TaahirH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 00:52   #1007

These people never learn !

Today I'm passing through the junction and a huge group comes celebrating Varalakshmi puja. As I pass, a guy comes up in front of my car and raises his hand ( read telling us to stop ). I stop and then he starts blabbering something and then! He kicks at my car ! Felt like teaching him a lesson, but he looked just like a hooligan, so just leave it. Instead, just create some trouble for them by blocking their way and speeding off.

So many years since Independence, but the roads have just worsened. Ugh. When will these guys get some sense?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th August 2024 at 03:33. Reason: Toned down the reference to people.
ItsMeTheCarBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 18:06   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
If you are a localite, always talk in the local language. This immediately establishes you as a "son of the soil" and keeps rabble rousers away.
Talking to the police is also much easier in local language. How many policemen are fluent in English / Hindi?
As a rule, their English isn't very good either.
Old 20th August 2024, 21:54   #1009
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wow, what are people upto. This is simply killing someone. The world is getting scary by the day.

A Tata Harrier SUV was seen ramming a Toyota Fortuner in a road rage incident in Maharashtra's Thane today.

One can see airbags popping.

Video Link
Old 20th August 2024, 22:13   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Wow, what are people upto. This is simply killing someone. The world is getting scary by the day.

A Tata Harrier SUV was seen ramming a Toyota Fortuner in a road rage incident in Maharashtra's Thane today.
Driver of the black car comes back and hits the other party, then picks up their kid who was injured on impact and walks away. Prima facie it looks more like a family dispute than road rage

Last edited by self_driven : 20th August 2024 at 22:15.
self_driven is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 23:00   #1011
BHPian

Another road rage case in Bangalore, where it seems the biker is a pub bouncer who threatened & vandalised the car even after being told of a 7 month old baby inside the car.

Too scary, IMO.
Mr.Independent is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 06:49   #1012
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Safari ramming a Fortuner as if they’re toy cars.

What the hell is wrong with people ? Haven’t seen so much rage, ego in people. As a society someone needs to pick this up before it goes out of control

Link

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2024 at 16:20. Reason: Source link fixed
Sk8r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 08:04   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Driver of the black car comes back and hits the other party, then picks up their kid who was injured on impact and walks away. Prima facie it looks more like a family dispute than road rage
You are right, the feud is between the brothers.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 08:57   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Another road rage case in Bangalore, where it seems the biker is a pub bouncer who threatened & vandalised the car even after being told of a 7 month old baby inside the car.
Another day, another case. These goons know that car drivers in these areas are generally soft targets (tax paying salaried class, families, high chance of being "outsiders")
Given the brazenness and will for violence of such people, a person can take one of the following steps IMO :
1. As soon as you sense danger, call 112 immediately, roll up your windows, start recording the situation and patiently wait for them to arrive while clearly trying to inform the goon that the police are on the way. Most likely this should diffuse the situation. If it doesn't, highly likely that the police is aware of the goon's antics or he is politically connected and will let him get away with it.
2. Drive away at the 1st opportunity. These idiots have nothing to lose and will at max receive a couple of slaps from the police and at best a small petty case with fine. The car owner might end up paying heftily for broken glasses, in medical treatment and of course, the 3rd form of tax . While driving away, make to avoid hitting the vehicle (if possible) and not even grazing the individual at all costs. You would not want to give even an iota of opportunity to the police to get in cohorts with the goons
3. Never, and I say, never get out of the car and try to confront the goon. We, as decent human being, are primed to not hit someone even on provocation whereas the goon is obviously looking for a fight.
ShreyG is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 12:40   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Road rage incident in Bangalore:

The family of a Software Engineer from Odisha with a toddler inside the car, was attacked buy a rogue guy , whereas as can be seen in the Video it was the rogue guy in the scooty who crashed into the family's car from behind.

Jesus Christ, things have gotten so bad in recent times.

Last edited by DCEite : 21st August 2024 at 12:53.
DCEite is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 15:56   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Road rage incident in Bangalore:

The family of a Software Engineer from Odisha with a toddler inside the car, was attacked buy a rogue guy , whereas as can be seen in the Video it was the rogue guy in the scooty who crashed into the family's car from behind.
Front cam view:

https://x.com/soum2310/status/1826141173645197583

https://x.com/east_bengaluru/status/1826156686177902729

It seems the cops are blaming the car driver now for causing the accident and not apologising!

Of course no one bothers about the illegal gap in the median that caused the car in front to brake.

Last edited by bejoy : 21st August 2024 at 16:11.
bejoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 16:09   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Front cam view:

https://x.com/soum2310/status/1826141173645197583

It seems the cops are blaming the car driver now for causing the accident and not apologising!

Of course no one bothers about the illegal gap in the median that caused the car in front to brake.
Not blaming anyone, the car in question should never have been in a situation needing such a quick lane change maneuver. Had he maintained safe distance and speed, he could have surely stopped in time.
rajivr1612 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 12:53   #1018
BHPian

re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Just the other day I was returning from Tadoba to Hyderabad on my motorcycle with my wife riding Pillion and this CH registered Fortuner was repeatedly pushing me out of the road every time there was a car in front of him. Needless to say he was driving very fast in the single lane roads and trying to overtake regularly driven cars from the left, hence pushing me out onto the shoulder.

At a signal, I requested him to take care, politely, since his family of elders, ladies and a child was also onboard.

This gentle man Sardarji, young chap, just blocked me, came out and started threatening me left and right. The best part was his logic "Shal I consider my benefit or your safety?". I was speechless at his attitude and then I noticed his eyes were getting lazy after every statement. Kind of losing focus and getting downcast, and then again he repeats eye contact and so on.

I was not sure whether he was DUI or was just lost his faculties, and requested him to go on his way and I will look after my safety. Since I was calm and not engaging him, he stood there for some time, undecided and went off again, pushing other vehicles out of his way.

Another interesting fact was that everyone in his car rolled down their windows and were watching this drama like spectators.

With this attitude, it is only a matter of time before he crashes or gets involved in an ugly road rage situation. All all this was completely unprovoked, 10 Am in the morning with no need to hurry.

One of a rare road-rage (Potential) situations I have faced since I ride defensively and avoid rash drivers.

Cheers,
Saurab Chatterjee
Exhaust_Note is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 15:28   #1019
BHPian

Re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post

At a signal, I requested him to take care, politely, since his family of elders, ladies and a child was also onboard.

One of a rare road-rage (Potential) situations I have faced since I ride defensively and avoid rash drivers.
AS a rule of thumb, I always keep the guys in a hurry ahead of me and never trail such hurried drivers. Its always a bad combination.
Marshall is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 17:35   #1020
BHPian

Re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
AS a rule of thumb, I always keep the guys in a hurry ahead of me and never trail such hurried drivers. Its always a bad combination.
This fellow came from the rear, when we slowed down on speed breakers, and wanted to wriggle his way in between another car and my bike. Pushed me out, still failed to overtake the car as there was actually no space and then did the same again on a sharp bend barely 50 meters ahead. All this, before I could realise his position and take measures to avoid him.

My reaction to his antics was purely reflex as in “Bro careful, I am here too”. Which was enough for that drama.

You are right, it is best to maintain distance from dangerous and dumb drivers and riders.
Exhaust_Note is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks