Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-996.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by balechaparka (Post 3357320)
Saw this today opposite to Esteem mall Hebbal,hit to signal poll.

Hope its not due to that nasty road hump there, driver brakes to avoid or lost control? Its unmarked and can get people who are not familiar into quite a spot.

Anyone else saw a damaged Innova along side the truck ? I saw a grey color Innova taxi with its rear completely smashed. Looks like the truck driver rear ended the taxi and then climbed the road divider before coming to a stop.

Coming back from Pondicherry on Old Madras road stopped for a coconut water just after a railway crossing. 40' container truck pass by and hear aloud noise. looking back I saw thisAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140129_112200.jpg
Now the cab was beyond the crossing gates and the railway guys were screaming at the trucker. Then the trucker started deflating his tyres to reduce the height of the container. Thats when I left wondering how long would it take to deflate all tyres of the vehicle and how would the crossing be closed if a train passes by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 3357513)
how would the crossing be closed if a train passes by.

If the crossing cannot be closed no train would pass by - that's the way the railway signalling system is designed.

Anyway, good to see the height barrier working as intended - without it, the truck would have become entangled with the railway OHE carrying 25KV AC, and who knows how many lives would be lost then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 3356786)
7 Dead,14 injured on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway.

Pics:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1798556_10151826008432130_1487159068_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1794551_10151826001132130_2072961796_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-72688_10151826015857130_1639490221_n.jpg

Source: Sakaal Times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 3357157)
was driving to Pondicherry on Old Madras Road on Monday early morning. Just before the 2nd toll booth at about 120 kmph and an empty road (so it seemed) a dog ran out from the side of the road on a collision course with my car. I just gripped the steering firmly and the car's Lt front bumper hit the dog.

I would have done the same, doesn't make sense to put your life and your wife's life at risk trying to avoid the dog. Even if you managed to brake/swerve avoid the dog the vehicle behind you might never be able to stop in time .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 3356786)
7 Dead,14 injured on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway.
Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29535762.cms

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 3357584)
Pics

The report says it was a Volvo bus, while the reality is, it's just another sleeper bus, built on a Leyland or Tata chassis. Sleeper buses are more prone to fire accidents because of the inflammable materials - bedspreads, blankets, curtains, etc.

A healthy discussion on sleeper coaches is here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheonix (Post 3357175)
Glad to know that you didnt swerve the car to "save" the dogs life and held on to the wheel.:thumbs up else you would have been in a worse situation. A mistake most people often do and end up in bigger disasters.

I absolutely second that. My first animal hit (a dog) happened last month. I was driving from Chandigarh to Ambala and the moment I saw the dog hop over the central divider, I knew I will run over him, just braked a little to control my speed and brace myself for the impact and then there was the sickening thud of my tires going over the poor thing. Good for me I drive a safari, so the only damage was to the poor dog. Felt a little bad for some time, but I guess, it was way better than trying a sudden braking/evasive maneuver with the driving dynamics of an SUV and that too with kids in the back seat.

It's very sad, isn't it. But even my father told me never risk an accident to not hit an animal --- and my parents were archetypal English animal lovers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 3357157)
a dog ran out from the side of the road on a collision course with my car. I just gripped the steering firmly and the car's Lt front bumper hit the dog. I felt a thud and then a scraping noise. Pulled over to inspect for and....... an angry wife besides me. .

Good to know you are safe.

Well I always remember what my driving guru kept telling me "never try to save a dog while driving" you will be the more victimized person if you do so. A sudden brake may have caused you to swerve off course and you may have landed with personal injuries too .

For the bolded part well .. ahem I prefer to not say anything cause the after effects will not be very easy to handle. :D

Time: ~ 12:30 AM, Today.
Another major accident in front of Ecospace, ORR, Bangalore. Marathalli - Sarjapur side of the road.

There was again a trailer truck, probably the culprit.
A massive jam, with hundreds of vehicles parked here and there to get a glimpse of what had happened. A major pile of vehicles stuck behind due to the irregularly parked spectators.

Any insights or anyone from B'lore has any clue ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 3357584)
Pics:
Attachment 1198765

Source: Sakaal Times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3357679)
The report says it was a Volvo bus, while the reality is, it's just another sleeper bus, built on a Leyland or Tata chassis. Sleeper buses are more prone to fire accidents because of the inflammable materials - bedspreads, blankets, curtains, etc.

The news report mentioned only bus and tanker but the pictures show a burnt car too. Was that from a different accident or was the car too involved in the same accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohittunga (Post 3357372)
Anyone else saw a damaged Innova along side the truck ? I saw a grey color Innova taxi with its rear completely smashed. Looks like the truck driver rear ended the taxi and then climbed the road divider before coming to a stop.

The truck had hit the divider first and hit the street light post, which in turn fell down on the rear of the innova smashing the whole back side of it. I was there few minutes after the accident, but could not take the pictures, because of the traffic starting to hold up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damanshaheed (Post 3357872)
so the only damage was to the poor dog.

My damage has worked out to about 8k of which I will have to pay about 3.6K
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3357895)
It's very sad, isn't it. But even my father told me never risk an accident to not hit an animal --- and my parents were archetypal English animal lovers.

We too are animal lovers - see my avatar. In fact my grown up children first asked about the dog when we phoned them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseldunk (Post 3358022)
For the bolded part well .. ahem I prefer to not say anything cause the after effects will not be very easy to handle. :D

She didn't blame me for the accident, but for continuing to drive on a 2 lane undivided highway for about 120 kms without a horn and indicators. She brightened up after I got them fixed at Ranipet. It was early, so most of the shops en route were closed and Maruti had a MASS at Ranipet or so I thought from the service booklet. It has since closed down, but the mobile number is still with a Maruti technician who fixed my problem in a jiffy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 3358624)
She didn't blame me for the accident, but for continuing to drive on a 2 lane undivided highway for about 120 kms without a horn and indicators. She brightened up after I got them fixed at Ranipet. It was early, so most of the shops en route were closed and Maruti had a MASS at Ranipet or so I thought from the service booklet. It has since closed down, but the mobile number is still with a Maruti technician who fixed my problem in a jiffy.

All is well.
My apologies if the humor intended was not acceptable. Perfectly right reason for mrs to get angry about(have been at receiving end couple of times (well make that multiple times) and usually with my wifey as the driving companion it is a friendly banter and she always keeps the watch on the road more than me.:uncontrol

Cheers