Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-93.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 1123301)
What could be the reason for the burst any idea ? Speed ot tyre wear or the loading conditions or the road ?

Believe they are tubeless, aren't they ?

Might be due outside condition, since it was so cheers: Chilled, the tube culd have been bursted

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1123288)
Spotted this on my way back from Wayanad in the forest near the check post. No idea what went wrong looks like a nice side swipe, albeit the front right wheel is still intact.

Attachment 87425

Looking at the way of accident there are chances of drinking and driving. I may be wrong.

Driver must have been heart.:Frustrati

I read somewehre that road accidents in India have reached One Lakh in the year 2007. Thats really depressing so many people dying on Indian roads. I think the government should taken some significant measures now to improve road safety and reduce the increasing number of these accidents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 1123301)
What could be the reason for the burst any idea ? Speed ot tyre wear or the loading conditions or the road ?

Believe they are tubeless, aren't they ?

Tyres were tubeless. Stock Swift tyres.
I am not sure about the tyres condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 1124188)
Tyres were tubeless. Stock Swift tyres.
I am not sure about the tyres condition.

Swift comes with tubeless tyres. I have had a tyre burst incident on My Swift running OEM JK Tyres. I was lucky to escape with only a running board dent and all mudflaps broke when the car did a 360.

The OEM tyres of the Swift are useless.

oem tyres of most indian cars are useless

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 1124369)
oem tyres of most indian cars are useless

The Hyundai i20 comes with OEM Apollo Aceleres :D

The tyre burst is one of the scariest things to happen. My cousin had one on his WagonR on the busy Mathura Road near badarpur, but thanks to the sane speeds he was doing, nothing major happened and he was able to pull to the side safely. Speed is what I think did in the Swift. But anyhow, glad to know the passengers are safe.

That Sumo gives an impression of overtaking gone wrong on an undivided road. The driver might well have escaped with a whisker, if he did. Overall, the vehicle held up quite well IMO.

If tubeless tyres also burst, what advantage do they offer over the tubed ones? Just wondering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 1123127)
My cousin had this accident on NH1, near Choupal.
It was a very foggy morning.
Everyone is safe.

Choupal in Ambala?
I also see a Ambala reg number
Thank god every one is safe
I see three busted tyres
all three burst simulataneously?

That is very strange, how can all three tubeless tyres burst simultaneously?

There has to be something else to it, did u inspected the place where the accident happened, i smell a foul play, by our so called fellow villagers.

They might have kept somthing on the road to burst the tyre, you know what i mean, a strips of iron nail heads ( something like a long shoe polish brush which has nails instead of brush ). I once saw it myself, in Gurgaon this was some 6 years back, I had to brake heavily to avoid it.

The villagers may do this as they may have a puncture shop a few meters ahead or else there is no shortage of loose headed guys in this age, who do such acts just to trouble other and enjoy the aftermath.

So just beware of such nail brushes on the roads.

this truck was equipped with ABS (anti braking system) and not with lane change indicator, therefore this disaster.

if it was equipped with ABS (anti-lock braking system) and lane change indicator and pre-safe, this pic would not be clicked be my on the lajpat nagar flyover.

A friend of mine happened to see this on the way to madikeri.

Looks like an overtaking manouver that went wrong and no seat belts - smashed windshield with two impact marks

The Bumper has taken the impact well and all we can see it the Rubber lining that has come out. BMW shows the build quality there.