Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-896.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser (Post 3154801)
1. Be alert! Slightest hint of drowsiness, stop at nearby safe location and take a break.

If you have to do a late night journey, ensure that you have RedBull or any other energy drink. It can make a major difference.

Even if you don't have access to energy drink, try some coke or any other aerated drink which has caffeine and sugar.

This has been a saviour for me in the US where the freeways will put you to sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilshantanu (Post 3154890)
This is what happens when the SUV owner mistakes it for a Sedan and drives it at high speeds.
They dont realize the fact that since its a big vehicle, their Centre of Gravity (CG) is also high, making them highly unstable

The highways are filled with such idiots, everyday I see Fortuners and XUV likes being driven at 130+ km/hr

This is a major problem which the masses fail to understand. Many drivers & even the owners of SUVs regard them as the best vehicle for highways ironically! They do not understand the simple fact that SUVs are far more unstable than a sedan. Apart from handling issues, even the braking capabilities of a Sedan is much much better. A hard brake can even result in a flip-over of an SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharatbs (Post 3155185)
If you have to do a late night journey, ensure that you have RedBull or any other energy drink. It can make a major difference.

Even if you don't have access to energy drink, try some coke or any other aerated drink which has caffeine and sugar.

This has been a saviour for me in the US where the freeways will put you to sleep.

I tried Redbull, but somehow I found this method, "stop at nearby safe location and take a break." to be more affective.

I can actually cover more distance (at the same duration of time) and be less tired at the end.

(Un)Fortunately in India we have lot many distractions on road (even on NH) unlike US of Alol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharatbs (Post 3155185)

Red bull is the wrong choice. It has caffeine and a LOT of calories. It also gives you a high. The solution is simple, DONT DRIVE

I think if you do not know the road well, the simplest idea is to slow down to around 60 kmph.

All drivers are different. I approach it in a very different way than I just described for you. The only problem is I have not driven the Figo so can't say but if it handles like the Fiesta then 60 kmph should be no problem at all.

This happened to me in April, when I was driving alone back to kottayam from bangalore.At around 1130pm,on kalady bridge,A stupid biker kid jumped out from between a convoy of lorries across the yellow line into my path.A split second later he was in my windshield and over the car.He escaped with 3 stitches to his forehead and a swollen wrist.Considering our legal system,I should say that I'm the lucky one since nothing more serious happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nijelj (Post 3155434)
Considering our legal system,I should say that I'm the lucky one since nothing more serious happened.

Yeah, you are lucky, to have escaped without any major side-effect of the legal system! In Pune, it is a routine occurence to drive in the face of oncoming traffic, and the worst part is they keep flashing the headlights in you face.

Bwt, what bike is that, the blue one?

EDIT: is that a pulsar 200?

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 (Post 3156044)

Bwt, what bike is that, the blue one?

EDIT: is that a pulsar 200?

Thats a Pulsar 180.As per the kid,the cluster and helmet had got stolen by morning.

Read in the Malayalam newspaper about an accident near Technopark TVM, where a speeding Skoda went out of control and killed 3 young men (2 on a bike and one at a tea-shop IIRC).

Saw this on my way to work on the morning of the 30th of May.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund (Post 3156208)

Hope this was a parked Alto that got squashed! Ironic- The adv in the background of the first snippet says Paper Bags..or something like that.

Quote:

OMG! I doubt anyone could have survived this? How in the world did this happen?

Seems to have got squeezed between 2 heavy vehicles, may be due to sudden braking ?? Looks real bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 3156203)
where a speeding Skoda went out of control...

Very likely there was no control to begin with :Frustrati

Quote:

Ouch! Looks it was parked somewhere and got rear ended by a truck or bus! I just hope no-one was in the car when this happened.