Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-826.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeev1 (Post 2986241)
Amazing coincidence that the same bus is now featuring in the Accidents in India thread within a couple of months of its hitting the road

Dear me! I posted the bus' image only to illustrate an overladen bus. This bus did not meet any accident. The original accident that i was referring happened at Chennai, it was an MTC bus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2985107)
Container truck accident near Hoodi Circle, Bangalore on the road towards ITPL. This accident is result of pathetic condition of truck being used to ferry heavy loads on public roads. Trailer got detached from truck and container fell down on road.

Attachment 1024755

Attachment 1024756

Bad accident indeed! imagine the container falling on to a car or any other vehicle..would be very damaging.

On the lighter note - I like the expression of the girl in the hoarding..seems like smiling at the accident stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie (Post 2986723)
Bad accident indeed! imagine the container falling on to a car or any other vehicle..would be very damaging.

On the lighter note - I like the expression of the girl in the hoarding..seems like smiling at the accident stupid:

On a lighter note again: One angle I could see this at, I was like, its a strong hoarding, it dislocated such a heavy trailer on collision :)

Happened today morning on Old airport road near Command hospital ~ 6.15 am. The Merc seemed to have control ( speed!) on the curve!
Traffic held up for half an hour.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00566.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00565.jpg

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2987784)
Happened today morning on Old airport road near Command hospital ~ 6.15 am. The Merc seemed to have control ( speed!) on the curve!
Traffic held up for half an hour.

Cheers!

Saw this car lying near ulsoor police station on my way to work. Seems to have smashed into a narrow object at the center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurudutt (Post 2987844)
Saw this car lying near ulsoor police station on my way to work. Seems to have smashed into a narrow object at the center.

Yes, the car smashed into a lamp post!

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 2986166)
This is a common scene in TN in morning and evening, both urban and rural.
The importance of the door in a bus is seldom realized.

This is from my trip to chennai.

Like a boss on roof top. Hopefully they wont fall off .

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0221.jpg

Ironically I saw the same sight in Delhi too. Probably a long distance bus to some rural side. People were sitting while sleeping inside blankets on top of a state transport bus .

Read this article in today's newspaper. As per the reports teenage son of the minister was driving the SUV and lost control and hit the railing of the flyover. Here is the copy of the article.

As per forensic experts, Shubham must have driven hardly 200 feet up the flyover when he apparently lost control. The dents on either side of the SUV and marks on both railings of the flyover suggested the Safari first hit the left railing and then the right before it dragged on for another 50 feet and rammed into a pole. Experts say when the SUV hit the right railing, Shubham was apparently thrown off the driver's seat to land on the one besides it. In the meantime, attempts of Shubham to control the car took it to the extreme right where it hit the railing once again. In the second collision, the door of the SUV was thrown open and Shuham flew out of it as his head hit a roadside pole and died instantaneously. His body was found dangling from the pole his neck caught in the railing.

It is really sad to see such young children leaving the world. May he Rest in Peace.

Here are the pictures that I clicked that were printed in today's paper.

Here's a report from TOI on the same

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17593726.cms

From the same article:

Quote:

As Shubham left, the scared driver called up Shubham's mother Suman Singh to inform her, as neither Shubham nor his elder brother Devendra were allowed to drive any vehicle. They were not even allowed to be driven around alone. A domestic help, family member or a relative had to be present in the car if the brother duo went out by car.
So apparently, they were not allowed to drive but forced the driver to do so. This can happen to any of us i.e. kids forcing the driver to let them drive. I did that (though it was not force as I wasn't barred from driving - I was over 18 and had a licence).

Just glad no innocent lives were lost.

I can't even imagine what kind of speeds were involved in ripping open a Safari like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurudutt (Post 2987844)

The pre-safe, post-safe tech did not come into play? I am sure the driver would have tried some avoidance manoeuvres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 2988998)
The pre-safe, post-safe tech did not come into play? I am sure the driver would have tried some avoidance manoeuvres.

No pre-safe or post-safe tech can help when we have idiots behind the wheels. Also they don't work if one is not buckled up.

Not sure if the safari was ripped apart during the accident itself or after the accident to save someone. It looks really sad, seems to be a high speed crash.

Kids driving vehicles seems to be a fad, i see so many parents proudly letting their kids (not even 14 years) drive scooters, cars etc. Unfortunate !

Like the saying "cancer cures smoking", "accidents teaches safety". May good sense prevail.

I dont think that Safari was cut open to save someone as that boy was the only person in the car. And due to the impact of the collision he was thrown out of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 2989227)
I dont think that Safari was cut open to save someone as that boy was the only person in the car. And due to the impact of the collision he was thrown out of the car.

We know that now. But I'm not sure if the rescue teams who responded to the accident had the same information. Maybe they cut open the car to look for any survivors/victims.