Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-821.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587
M800 split into two,
fortunately the driver survived with minor injuries.

The driver was unbelievably lucky! Are there any available pics of the front section? I can't even begin to comprehend how the driver got away, that too with minor injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale (Post 2969052)
The driver was unbelievably lucky! Are there any available pics of the front section? I can't even begin to comprehend how the driver got away, that too with minor injuries.

He was indeed lucky,i picked up the picture from tribune website.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20121121/cth1.htm#15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 2968987)
I got out and caught hold of the driver of bus. He said few things after which he was thrashed and handed over to police. I also asked the passengers of the bus as to why they did not ask him to slowdown for which they said he was not listening to them.Roads are full of morons.Drive safe guys. P.S. We were belted up and have suffered only mental trauma.

Some of the drivers don't really care for other road users. Hope everyone's safe.

The most careful and experienced drivers also suffer loss of concentration at times and 'thrashing' them will only enrage them further and make things worse. Hope the errant driver wasn't thrashed for the few unnecessary words that he uttered.

Truly shocking incident. :Frustrati

How inhuman can one be?

Stern action should be taken by the cops against the father and his kid so that it would stand as an example to others. That boy should be denied license forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinu_h

Some of the drivers don't really care for other road users. Hope everyone's safe.

The most careful and experienced drivers also suffer loss of concentration at times and 'thrashing' them will only enrage them further and make things worse. Hope the errant driver wasn't thrashed for the few unnecessary words that he uttered.

Thanks.Everyone is safe.The bus driver was given just a few blows as he was being arrogant,was falsifying and to top it all,he was drunk.Infact we saved him as we did not hand him to the crowd.As of today,the bus owner has agreed to pay for all repair charges.His license is still with me.We ensured that that driver was taken of the bus and not allowed to drive.Many things will follow but then i'll keep it till here only.
Had the impact been 2 inches above or 4inches to left,damage would have been serious to us also.

Drunk driver... smashed in to a divider, and then smashing a parked bike and an i10, fled the scene leaving the keys behind

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamaniac (Post 2970346)
Drunk driver... smashed in to a divider, and then smashing a parked bike and an i10, fled the scene leaving the keys behind

Isn't this car lying near Kadri Park police station? When I saw it for the first time from the side, I thought it was a Mercedes.

BMW X3 accident in Kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2972312)

Thats massive. Any idea how this happened? And the occupants came out safe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2969044)
This happened in chandigarh,two days back.
M800 split into two,after being hit by a roadways bus,that jumped a traffic signal,fortunately the driver survived with minor injuries.

Other shocking fact to this accident is about the driver of the bus. When the bus hit the car, front portion including the engine got split and hit the lamp post. Rest of the car(including the car driver) was dragged in front of the bus while driver of the bus put the bus in neutral and ran away. Imagine the horror of the car driver who was being dragged in his half car by a driver less bus and passengers.

I saw this car near TISB and Greenwood High schools. I have no clue how it happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123

Whoa! :Shockked: The aftermath of the accident looks like the X3 was opened with a can opener, completely ripped! Overtaking gone bad?

Quote:

looks like the X3 was opened with a can opener
Not impossible, as part of rescuing the occupants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2972312)

This looks seriously shocking considering its a X3. Whats the cause ? Over-Speeding ? If its a collision, Whats it hit with ? Status of driver and passengers ? Where in Kerala is this ? Place looks like a northern part of Kerala.

A snap of the TNSTC bus that fell 100 feet down into a gorge on the Valparai-Pollachi ghat section on Saturday night. 7 people were killed on the spot and over 30 injured.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tnstc_bus.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tnstc_bus2.jpg
Image courtesy: Hindu, mathrubhumi.com

The report on 'the Hindu'
Quote:

Seven passengers died when the bus in which they were travelling fell into a gorge on the Valparai-Aliyar ghat section on Saturday night. The accident took place at 10.30 p.m. near the second of the 40 hairpin bends.

The vehicle after falling into the gorge rolled over twice before coming to a halt near a tree.Some passengers and their belongings were thrown out the vehicle. All the seven died on the spot.
Forest and police personnel rushed to the accident site. Powerful searchlights of the Forest Department came in handy during the rescue operation.
The forest and police managed to retrieve six of the seven bodies within hours of the accident.They recovered the body of Vellaian after daybreak on Sunday. Ropes were used to get down the terrain to reach the injured.
They were then slowly taken to the road below.
The police said the rescue operations ended around noon with a crane lifting the bus.
Times of India says:
Quote:

The injured had a miraculous escape when the bus hit a tree on its way down and lay precariously perched on the tree trunk. The bus, carrying 54 passengers and three staff, was heading to Palani from Valparai when the accident took place. According to police, the bus driver, Sivakumar, was driving rashly when he lost control while negotiating a hairpin bend and the bus plunged into the gorge