Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-802.html)

One of the accidents i spotted on the road towards Pala from Ernakulam. It was raining heavily and visibility very low even at 10.00am in the morning. People seemed to be too ignorant about the fact that sudden braking in wet conditions is risky ! The Alto looked brand new.

This accident happened some time ago. There were some broken beer bottles in the car. The driver miscalculated a turn and drove over the road divider. Air bag was deployed. It was a brand new car.

I caught this on the web.
Not an accident as such, but more of a revelation on how "built like a tank" gets demolished by, well, NOT built like a tank.
Flimsy doesnt necessarily mean unsafe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

Kasargod: Bus Topples onto Scorpio, 14 Injured

Stephen Kayyar
Daijiworld Media Network – Kasargod (VM)

Kasargod, Sep 9: A KSRTC Malabar bus plying from Kasargod to Uduma rammed into a Scorpio car and then toppled as the driver lost control of the bus on the Chaliyangodu state highway, here on Saturday September 8.

The incident occurred around 4.30 pm. As many as 14 people are said to be injured.

Farida from Uppala, her son Amir Khan, Shabna, daughter of Amir Khan, Rama from Ashok Nagar in Kasargod, Vichitra from Kanhangad, Bhargavi from Kalnad, Sabitha, Radhakrishna and Scorpio car passengers Hussain, Shukoor, Shakir were amongst the injured.

Locals with the help of fire brigade rescued the injured people. They were soon rushed to the nearby hospitals.

A case has been registered at Kasargod City police station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alstonlobo (Post 2898324)
Kasargod: Bus Topples onto Scorpio, 14 Injured

Dont know how this kind of accident can occur in this condition of road. Seems the road is full of potholes and how the driver manages to go in speed to cause an accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2898155)
This accident happened some time ago. There were some broken beer bottles in the car. The driver miscalculated a turn and drove over the road divider. Air bag was deployed. It was a brand new car.

Is that a brand new Micra :Shockked:, I see the temporary registration number on the front bumper! Also, does the girl standing near the car have something to do with the accident?

@ Micra accident,

Looks like the Driver was fortunate to have airbags deployed. Not so lucky for the front passenger who had to endure a bump on his head crashing into the front windshield.

My 2 cents on the smokers and Helmet users logic.

Well as far as helmet is concerned it is a life and limb rule and there is no compromise to safety. Smoking is not a limb rule (it is life threatening if exceedingly done).
One can argue then what happens if the helmet comes under a truck well nothing much can be done but definitely it saves people against head injuries whilst falling down especially against the kerb edge or the road. It is akin to promote usage of rubberized products to prevent AIDS(no one can force people to use but if used it helps).
The choice is all for the user to decide and decide prudently.

Witnessed a serial accident today morning on Tumkur Bangalore highway. I was returning from Tumkur side. A few kms after paying the toll, a traffic jam for over 10 mins. Only to learn that between 2 VRL buses a Karnataka Sarige bus was stuck. My wife said she even saw a truck involved in the accent, makes it 4. I was too busy trying to fish myself out of the jam.

I also saw a few people carry one person and being put on side of the road. He appeared motionless. Hope he is alive. Hope no one else suffered anything major. Couldnt click pics, sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2898155)

That's a bad crash. But the left passenger side airbag doesn't seem to have been deployed. Sad to see a new car in this condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 (Post 2899013)
That's a bad crash. But the left passenger side airbag doesn't seem to have been deployed. Sad to see a new car in this condition.

This particular model of micra doesn't comes with passenger airbag, Only driver airbag is there ( correct me if am wrong ) :)

Cheers,
Sameer

Its just launched and already got into this thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 2899063)
This particular model of micra doesn't comes with passenger airbag, Only driver airbag is there ( correct me if am wrong ) :)

Cheers,
Sameer

That's right. It must have been the XV or XE variant that only comes with a drivers side airbag

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 2899063)
This particular model of micra doesn't comes with passenger airbag, Only driver airbag is there ( correct me if am wrong ) :) Cheers,
Sameer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 2899470)
That's right. It must have been the XV or XE variant that only comes with a drivers side airbag

If it's a petrol then it's an XV which comes with both airbags. If it's a diesel then it must be XV which comes with only driver airbag (and not XV premium which comes with both airbags).

Anyways lets not get into this debate, there are too many "Why airbags did not open" threads on the forum ! :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2899153)
Its just launched and already got into this thread!

Which one is this? The Pulsar 200NS? Sad to see this state of a new bike also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 (Post 2899838)
Which one is this? The Pulsar 200NS? Sad to see this state of a new bike also.

It is a KTM Duke 200. :)