Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-80.html)

Sighted these two in Kolkata
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sonycamv-1771.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kol-taxi.jpg

since i have worked in GM, i have seen quite a lot of accident caese there:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1063753)
James,

2 week old car and the tyre blew off ?

Yup! thats what happened. Few days down the line i went to the petrol bunk where my bro filled air, and filled air in another car. i also carried 2 gauges and checked the pressure after filling air. The reading was about 8psi more than what the bunk's meter showed. That could've contributed to the blowout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1063822)

:eek: I got absolutely no words for those "scrap metals".

It gives jitters just thinking about what might have happened to the passengers!!

this just reminds me of another funny incident. there is a red tavera lying there in perfect condition, no dents or scratches at all, but fully dusty and in a mess. the car came to the service centre with a steering problem and it was supposed to be done under insurance or something. but this thing got delayed and supposedly the owner forgot about the vehicle! now this owner seems to be a big shot running a big travel agency and has got many taveras in his service, 9 were booked from this service centre itself. so now nobody has come to claim this vehicle and it is lying there like an abondoned child for the past 7 months!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1064572)
this just reminds me of another funny incident........

How can it be? :confused: How can a owner forget about the vehicle? And even if he does, hasn't the service centre bothered to remind him in 7 months?

sadly, the service number has no contact details of that person except a mobile number which seems to be "unavailable" since then!
even i had the same reaction bouncer. but i completely inspected the vehicle. there is nothing wrong with it. just needs to be cleaned and serviced and it can hit the road again. but it is lying there since many months!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1064856)
sadly, the service number has no contact details of that person......

Isn't owner contact details (read: name & address) available on car papers like RC and insurance? And if not, service centre can easily get it from RTO. Official fees for such information letter from RTO is Rs.25/- !

And heck, if GM doesn't have addresses of its customers, who will? :D

PS: That dude needs to pay rent now. At mumbai level, its a 1bhk level min 15-20k pm he should pay! lol:

High speed accidents occur a lot in india. We indians get all the high speed >100bhp cars and travel above 120kmph. The roads are good but the people havnt stopped from blindly crossing the highways at any time without caring for any vehicle which comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncer (Post 1064874)
Isn't owner contact details (read: name & address) available on car papers like RC and insurance? And if not, service centre can easily get it from RTO. Official fees for such information letter from RTO is Rs.25/- !

maybe they dont have the papers in the vehicle or this particular car was not bought from this service centre. and also, they dint bother to go to the RTO. and why should they when the owner itself is not bothered!

it happened last week near to my home at thrissur , rash driven innova ramped to a fully loaded mahindra pich up and pick up topled

kerela, GOD's own country is known for its reckless driving manners. before anyone protestes that i am "anti-kerela", even my native is kerela! over there you find trucks and buses overtaking cars on highways, the private cars will be cruising at about 60-80 kmph (knowing ths risks!), and state transport buses and trucks at 90-100 on the single lane highways! and then, such rash drivers like the above innova one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1071574)
kerela, GOD's own country is known for its reckless driving manners. before anyone protestes that i am "anti-kerela", even my native is kerela! over there you find trucks and buses overtaking cars on highways, the private cars will be cruising at about 60-80 kmph (knowing ths risks!), and state transport buses and trucks at 90-100 on the single lane highways! and then, such rash drivers like the above innova one.

I had been to Kerela only once, before 2 year's. Let me tell you my experience was very good. As i was traveling in a Tourist bus the driving sense was excellent.