Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-73.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdiesel (Post 1015564)
OOPS!! the S320 looks bad. Who would hurt such an expensive car?? I mean so bad!

agree:
But the description says it was because of drunk driving. How shameful.

I bet nothing happened to anyone inside the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discobiscuit (Post 1015837)
agree:
I bet nothing happened to anyone inside the car.

Sure - and to think of the poor souls outside, public property that got damaged etc. :Frustrati

[quote=Spitfire;1013346
I have totally stopped helping anyone on the road; if it is human. I still care for the stray dogs and other wildlife.

I just drive away these days with a silent prayer that the victim manages to help himself/herself. Sometimes it pains me to think that i might be driving away from a victim who would be a good friend or relative. But i am ready to take the risk because of the cannibals on our roads today.[/quote]

Great to hear that you have been helping people involved in accidents. But I agree with the later part of your post. It is simply not worth doing so anymore, particularly in the night. There are stories of how accidents are "staged" and then anyone who stops to help out, are robbed. I guess living in big cities require us to have thick skins, so that we can heartlessly walk away from accidents.

I know it sounds cold but I would also definitely not stop for helping someone, particularly after 11 PM on isolated stretches.

In the day time, I would... perhaps :-(

This is the picture of main gate's pilar of a residential society. Last friday a speeding Honda City (at 2:00 a.m. ! cheers:) hit the footpath, became airborne and hit the pilar on spot marked by red box in the picture. One careful look will tell the height. The red arrow drawn shows course of the flight. Luckily two occupants servived the accident.

Reportedly, the car and passengers belong to one influential local family. Everything was quickly cleaned from the scene.

What happens to car like the 1.3 Getz and the Palio?
Is repairing even an option, or are they worth nothing but the insurance that covers them? Always wondered about this when I see cars smashed on the side of the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantnehru (Post 1016244)
What happens to car like the 1.3 Getz and the Palio?
Is repairing even an option, or are they worth nothing but the insurance that covers them? Always wondered about this when I see cars smashed on the side of the road.

Such cars are 'Total vehicle loss'. The insurance company pays the IDV amount as mentioned in respective insurance policy and takes away the wrecked vehicles. You can't have your cake and eat it too :D.

We have gone through this process last year when my cousin's Indica was totally lost in an accident on expressway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncer (Post 1016231)
This is the picture of main gate's pilar of a residential society. Last friday a speeding Honda City (at 2:00 a.m. ! cheers:) hit the footpath, became airborne and hit the pilar on spot marked by red box in the picture. One careful look will tell the height. The red arrow drawn shows course of the flight. Luckily two occupants servived the accident.

Reportedly, the car and passengers belong to one influential local family. Everything was quickly cleaned from the scene.

Bouncer, that appears to be like SUS road in Pashan. Any idea what happened to the car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1015500)
A S320 CDI spotted at Sundaram Motors, Merc's Blore dealer a while ago. I was told that the driver was very well drunk & was also over speeding.

A few months back we had a terrible accident in Ahmedabad where the son of an industrialist died in his brand new S class. Incidentally, the air bags didnt deploy as the driver didnt have his seat belts on. Sad, when people dont follow rules which are meant to save them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 1013600)
Dear SpitFire, You have done great things in your life. Please continue to do that. I feel ashamed as i live in Bangalore for a decade. Please continue to do your great help to the Accident victims.

I wish i can TB, it really is with a very heavy heart that these days i just drive away whenever i see an accident or if someone is getting harassed by autorickshaw drivers or cabs. Sometimes the victim's image sticks to my conscience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 1015196)
We do happen to read stories of people bleeding to death with almost everyone offering a silent prayer (reported as - turning a blind eye) to the victims for their autosurvival. What we dont get to read is what actually brought things to such a point of indifference (to be precise - fear), which is when posts like yours actually show an indicator

But why is it always so easy for the wrong doers?

Two very valid points.

Yes why today we shun away from helping anyone on the road. I know 70% of the folks on the road want to lend a helping hand. And a positive thing i have observed is, if someone takes the initial step in helping the victim you see many more hands joining in. Problem is who takes the first step?

And that brings us to the second point you mentioned. The rogues or wrong doers are people who are what i call the lower segment of society - the misfits, the failures, people who have never done anything in their life, who get cheap thrills out of harassing other people. You will see a lot of them being auto drivers and cab drivers here in Bangalore. Why they do get away is because for them raising their hand or arguing is part of their bravado accompanied by thinking about themselves being some super human. Common sense isnt a virtue and making most out of the situation is their goal. The cops wont do anything against them because at the most they can be thrown in the jail - no fyada for the cops. But if we the folks who do obey rules and have a life to take care of can easily be harrassed for money or simply for some cheap thrills.

But i am firm believer in Karma and i think there is always payback time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak916 (Post 1016042)
Great to hear that you have been helping people involved in accidents. But I agree with the later part of your post. It is simply not worth doing so anymore, particularly in the night. There are stories of how accidents are "staged" and then anyone who stops to help out, are robbed. I guess living in big cities require us to have thick skins, so that we can heartlessly walk away from accidents.

Yes nights are become even more dangerous and the cops are busy stopping out of state vehicles to make money instead of patrolling the streets. They will be lining up vehicles past midnight not to stop crime by autorickshaw drivers or overcharging or to check the health of a cab driver - they are left scot free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 1015820)
a loaded tractor carrying sand sat on his car IIRC. no one was hurt but markiv lost his cell phone.
details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/814795-post700.html

Yes thats right, it was a freak accident really! When I say "fatal" I refer to the car's fate. I walked away from that accident without a scratch.
Luckily no one was on the co-driver's side as you can see what would have happened otherwise!

I got my mobile back next day by the way, got it dug out from all the gravel inside the car, and it was in working condition too, no effect at all!! :-)

Gurgaon- Faridabad is the most dangerous road in NCR but its fun on the bends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 1015528)
what would be the estimate to fix it?
what happens o the engine in such collisions?does it funcion well afer such an impact?

Don't know about their estimate to fix it up, but I guess it will be anything above 10Lacs.

The engine was running, but radiator & cooling system, a/c compressor, etc were fully damaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1016978)
Gurgaon- Faridabad is the most dangerous road in NCR but its fun on the bends.

Yeah, all the truckers and tractor wallahs also feel the same way apparently lol:

If you ever want to see a semi-trailer truck (forget the normal trucks) overtaking at 80kmph+, come to this route:Shockked:

Its a route where you need to be extra careful, since there is no divider either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiv (Post 1018552)
Yeah, all the truckers and tractor wallahs also feel the same way apparently lol:

If you ever want to see a semi-trailer truck (forget the normal trucks) overtaking at 80kmph+, come to this route:Shockked:

Its a route where you need to be extra careful, since there is no divider either.

Its been years Ive been driving on this road i know every bend and every pothole.

Even i lost my accent to this road :Frustrati ,i was not in the car and fortunately no one got hurt.

I was heading to Chandigarh from nawan shahr and had just reached near Ranbaxy plant when I saw a young (child really) laborer step right in front of a roadways bus which was coming from the other direction from me. I was slow as I could see people crossing the road from afar. Furthermore I could tell the bus was travelling fast and I knew the driver would have to swerve onto my side to avoid hitting the kid so I pulled off to the side as I slowed to avoid it, but I guess God had other plans. Despite swerving hard the bus barely missed the first kid and the driver lost control because I could see the driver turning his steering wheel left but the front of the bus hurled right at me. All this happened so fast and yet I remember seeing the following in slow motion... as the bus was heading right towards me I was bracing for impact and then I see ANOTHER kid step about 10 feet in front of me right in the path where the bus was heading!!! The bus made contact with the kid and in split second with my car... and thats all I remember.

Later I learnt that my car was dragged a good 50-75 feet. The first kid that I had thought the bus missed, was only to be run over under the rear tyres of the bus and had died on the spot. The second kid was thrown on my windshied and dragged along with me and my car and survived with only minor injuries. I only had minor cuts mostly on my knees.

The bus driver fled the scene and was later nabbed in the next city.

Here are some photos clicked of the wreckage...