Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-719.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2731679)
Saw this Sangita bus today morning around 7am near Electronic city. Looks like the Chennai-Bangalore service (Bharathi bus)

That is going to be an expensive repair. Any idea how much does the windshield for the Volvo's cost, I remember in the early days of B7R used to run with cracked windshields because it was too expensive to replace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth (Post 2731771)
That is going to be an expensive repair. Any idea how much does the windshield for the Volvo's cost, I remember in the early days of B7R used to run with cracked windshields because it was too expensive to replace.

From what I heard from some drivers, it costs around a Lakh including fixing. In this bus, the entire front panel and bumpers would have to be repaired. Looks like he ran into a truck or a concrete pillar.

One more teen loses life because of drunken driving in Mumbai. 2 Boys and 3 Girls in a car at 2.00 AM. Car driven by the driver under influence and crash happens. One girl loses life and 2 others still in hospital.

Source NDTV: 18-year-old girl dies after speeding car rams into an auto in Mumbai

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mumbai_accident_295x200_m.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2732340)
One more teen loses life because of drunken driving in Mumbai.

Read this in the papers today and was horrified to see this. For a minute I was not able to digest this, I was so disgusted by this incident - She was just 18 years old. May God give the family the strength to bear this loss. I am not sure whether all of them were drunk or it was just the driver.

There were two other girls in the car who are in the Hospital - Pray nothing is serious!

The ironic thing about drunk driving is the person/s who die cant even realise that drunk driving is very bad, because finally thats what killed them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford5 (Post 2732495)
The ironic thing

Of course they must be realising it will all the pain.
however, worse are the others who refuse to learn from examples like these

Saw this Alto lying with all four wheels up on the Ankamaly - Perumbavoor stretch of MC Road today. Fate of occupants is not known.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 2732874)
Saw this Alto lying with all four wheels up on the Ankamaly - Perumbavoor stretch of MC Road today. Fate of occupants is not known.

There is not a soul in sight close to the vehicle so i am assuming that the accident had happened quite a while ago. So why is the vehicle still lying there in that state? Whose responsibility is it to get to towed away? It is an unnecessary hazard on the road. Now this question is not specific to this picture but most of the accident pics where we see vehicles lying unattended to for a long duration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm (Post 2731586)
Found this picture on FB, the horrific accident took place on the Outer Ring Road, Hyderabad. I don't think anyone would have survived in such an accident.

:Shockked: wow thats one bad accident, i think i saw one more such accident back in Aug on the Nehru ORR, it was on a down slop a swift smashed on the left retaining railings. I guess, drunken driving, plus high speed, plus cross winds just tossed this less than 1 ton zen right off the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2732340)
One more teen loses life because of drunken driving in Mumbai. 2 Boys and 3 Girls in a car at 2.00 AM. Car driven by the driver under influence and crash happens. One girl loses life and 2 others still in hospital.

Hello Amit,

The other two girls who are in hostipal are in a very critical state & on ventilators. Even if they survive, they will have ling long deformities or remain in vegatative state.
Source: Juhu crash: 2 girls fighting for survival - The Times of India

Infact the 18 year old (Shivani) girl who died on the accident spot survived a open-heart surgery ten years back (as she had a hole in her heart), but died in this accident. I cannot even imagine the plight of her parents.

It is very unfortunate to see these incidents, people just don't seem to understand importance of safe driving.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jignesh (Post 2733108)
Hello Amit,

The other two girls who are in hostipal are in a very critical state & on ventilators. Even if they survive, they will have ling long deformities or remain in vegatative state.
Source: Juhu crash: 2 girls fighting for survival - The Times of India

How stupid must the 4 people be who went along in a car driven by a drunken driver (btw, according to NDTV article, total people in the ritz were 6 (3 boys + 3 girls))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jignesh (Post 2733108)

How stupid must the 4 people be who went along in a car driven by a drunken driver (btw, according to NDTV article, total people in the ritz were 6 (3 boys + 3 girls))

Hello D-nav,

Yes there were 6 occupants in the car. 3 Boys & 3 girls. The girl who died - Shivani Rawat her father is quoted saying: "Shivani Rawat was seated on Thevar's lap in the car's rear seat and her body acted as a shock absorber. Only three people can sit in the rear seat. The car was overcrowded and she was sandwiched. They exceeded the seating capacity allowed in that car"
Source: Juhu accident: Post police outside pubs, says victim's father - The Times of India

These people spent a couple of hours at a Bandra pub, which means all or most of them were under influence of alcohol & one of the first effects of alcohol is effecting thinking capacity of human brain. In this drunken state they decided to drive from Bandra to Juhu (approx 7 kms) which is in itself a dangerous move.

Let us thank God for one thing that no other third party (person / property) as suffered any loss due stupid act of a group of drunk persons.

Thanks,

Sad loss of lives indeed.
In this quest to be "Cool" and to "Show off" in front of girls, boys do indeed very stupid things. No that I am forgiving the stupidity of girls in the first place.
Parenting can only help to a certain extent. Irreversible changes to culture and values I guess. Change is certain. Progress is not.

Skoda Fabia scrapes my friend and then crashes into a wall.
https://groups.google.com/group/bang...6f350ae?hl=en#

News channels are reporting major accident near Mannuthy between Thrissur and Palakkad. As per the latest reports 6 people are dead. Looks like a head on collision between an innova and a truck. Innova was reportedly traveling on the wrong side at very high speed. May be an overtaking maneuver gone wrong.
No pics yet.