Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-709.html)

Just a point - If you let a company driver drive any which way sooner or later you are endagering your (or your near ones) life. This is like saying I do not care if the office I work in is unsafe - I do not pay for it. Let the lifts be unsafe?? Let the electric conditions be unsafe? Fire hazards.... Basically as a user you should not be a passive spectator. Even if it is companies responsibility it is up to you to give feedback to concerned supervisor.

Saw an A-Star rear ended by an Alto today morning in Koramangala (7th block? Don't know the name of the road) . The A star in turn seemed to have banged into another vehicle (unknown?). Both the A-Star and Alto seemed to be quite heavily damaged. The incident had just happened and the cops were there. Anyone has any idea what happened? Any injuries to the occupants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 2707926)
Great thinking mate clap: I don't see a reason to pursue this case any further! God bless your Cabbie!

Haha . Yeah .clap: God bless everyone around this person . No point in :Frustrati

guys, give it a rest now. i'm sure with so many members sharing their POV on Rohan's post the point has been driven home. let's get back on track please:

This accident took around 1.15 PM this afternoon near Sector 22 Rohini, Delhi when two college students of Maharaja Agrasen were racing or speeding above limits. The i20 was around 80-100 KMPH and then it hit the divider and car was turned over. The photos were taken after people changed it's position. The good thing is that both students were saved, one was minor injured who was taken to hospital and other one was unhurt. The airbag saved driver's life. Car was a brand new Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz. It is not confirm whether these students were drunk or not but most probably they were not as appeared to me.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00330201203121313.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00332201203121313.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00334201203121314.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00337201203121318.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00336201203121314.jpg

^^Glad to hear that the occupants escaped with minor injuries and that no one around was hurt.

I hope the cause is only the stupidity of the driver and not the notorious steering issues faced by the i20s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2711226)
I hope the cause is only the stupidity of the driver and not the notorious steering issues faced by the i20s.

You mean that there is a problem with the i20 steering that causes accidents? Or did I miss something? The last I heard were the rattling issues and dead steering. Not a steering that causes the car to hit the divider at 80-100 kmph.
Glad that the occupants are safe. Proves that safety kits are no mere gizmos.

I just cannot picture the scene for some reason of the i20. The left front wheel of the car is badly damaged and is the one likely to have hit an obstruction on the road but the car seems to have fallen on the right side first before turning over. Any which ways the gear is yet in 3rd I guess which clearly proves that if they were actually racing the speed would be anything next to or above 100km/hr at a high rpm due to which the driver lost control. Glad that no one else is hurt due to the reckless and negligent driving.

@Bala: are you referring to steering lockup or unresponsive steering?

what's that black paint like stuff splashed on the hood? is it from the car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2711262)
what's that black paint like stuff splashed on the hood? is it from the car?

It's most probably the fluid (oil) from the car's engine compartment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 2711258)
Any which ways the gear is yet in 3rd I guess which clearly proves that if they were actually racing the speed would be anything next to or above 100km/hr at a high rpm due to which the driver lost control.

How do we know? It could even be in 5th gear! Reckless driving, lives saved due to seatbelts and airbags.

Quote:

It's most probably the fluid (oil) from the car's engine compartment.
Yes, it is the engine oil. Should be a CRDi, given the pitch black color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2711302)
How do we know? It could even be in 5th gear! Reckless driving, lives saved due to seatbelts and airbags.

I doubt if they were wearing seat belts. Most college guys don't wear seat belts and make fun of those who wear (personal experience).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2711302)
Should be a CRDi, given the pitch black color.

Yes it was CRDi sportz.

That i20 looks like its brand new. I wish people in college were more sensible. Luckily there was no loss of life.

Quote:

I wish people in college were more sensible.
International problem. There are good reasons why insurance for teenagers, in UK (where insurance is calculated according to driver and car, and address (city is more expensive than rural)) is prohibitively expensive.

Bravado of youth, not enough experience but too much confidence...

If these learnt their lesson, then the car was a small price to pay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 2711252)
You mean that there is a problem with the i20 steering that causes accidents? Or did I miss something? The last I heard were the rattling issues and dead steering. Not a steering that causes the car to hit the divider at 80-100 kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2711262)
@Bala: are you referring to steering lockup or unresponsive steering?

Whatever it was that our fellow member skanchan experienced in his i20. I would like to say it was lockup, but honestly I dont remember.

Edit: here is the thread. though I dont have the time to search for the exact post now :(
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ership-11.html