Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-689.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paliontile (Post 2672261)
Remember seeing this today morning, but was zipping by and i thought it was a truck and a tata-ace head on collision, now i noticed.

Came to know from a cab drivet that two persons died. They were stuck inside the cabin. It happened before dawn. Probably smashed onto the rear of a stationary truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS (Post 2672310)
How desperate is the camerman for a piece of news, standing with the tripod on the other lane?

The accident probably occurred due to a stationary truck. But the authorities did not show any urgency to cordon off the area or remove the truck. This area is just after a downward incline curve with good banking and hence the speed of the vehicles is pretty high. And add momentum of a heavy vehicle to that speed. You get a crash like this.

Saw this news yesterday on TOI. What car is this?

DRUNK STUDENT RAMS CAR INTO CUBBON PARK

An MBA student,allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol,lost control over his high-end car and crashed it into the compound of Cubbon Park at Tiffany's Circle on Sunday night.Gurudarshan was coming from Vittal Mallya Road.He tried to turn right at Tiffany's Circle,apparently on seeing that the gates of the road leading into Cubbon Park were closed.He then hit the compound wall of the park.Both the driver and his unidentified friend in the car suffered minor injures.Police said the alcometer put alcohol levels in Gurudarshan's blood at 134.2,way beyond the permissible limit of 30.TNN

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisasa (Post 2672375)
Came to know from a cab drivet that two persons died. They were stuck inside the cabin. It happened before dawn. Probably smashed onto the rear of a stationary truck.

Source : The Hindu | Hyderabad Edition | 7-Feb-2012 The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : One killed in accident on ORR

Driver of a mini truck got killed after it rammed into a lorry parked on Outer Ring Road for repair at Rajendranagar in the early hours of Monday.

Identity of the driver is not yet known. The accident occurred between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Rajendranagar-Gachibowli stretch, the Rajendranagar Inspector, S. Jayaram, said. The lorry broke down and was parked on a side when the mini truck ploughed into it.

“It looks like the mini truck driver dozed off and hit the stationary lorry. We had to use a crane and gas cutters to pull out the driver’s body which got struck between the two vehicles,” the Inspector said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds
Saw this news yesterday on TOI. What car is this?

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the new Fluidic Verna. Not very sure though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2672733)
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the new Fluidic Verna. Not very sure though.

Since UB city and surrounding areas are famous for modded high end cars, I hope it may not be a Verna though it looked like a Cedia for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 (Post 2672717)
Source : The Hindu | Hyderabad Edition | 7-Feb-2012 The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : One killed in accident on ORR

Driver of a mini truck got killed after it rammed into a lorry parked on Outer Ring Road for repair at Rajendranagar in the early hours of Monday.

Identity of the driver is not yet known. The accident occurred between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Rajendranagar-Gachibowli stretch, the Rajendranagar Inspector, S. Jayaram, said. The lorry broke down and was parked on a side when the mini truck ploughed into it.

“It looks like the mini truck driver dozed off and hit the stationary lorry. We had to use a crane and gas cutters to pull out the driver’s body which got struck between the two vehicles,” the Inspector said.

The vehicle is still there, it's right at the entrance of the entry ramp from Rajendra nagar, looks like this truck was coming from the ramp onto the ORR and rear-ended the lorry which was parked like 200mts from the entry ramp.

Anyways, how long does it take for the official to remove these accident vehicles from the road? The other day i saw an 8 wheeled truck stuck on a divider near Chandrayanagutta, it remained there for at least 5 days causing congestion in the peak hours. It looked a difficult extraction considering the heavy load on the truck. But this one looks a mini and an easy thing to do considering it's proximity to the exit/entry ramps.

This is what can happen if you do not maintain proper distance as well as speed while driving! :Frustrati

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg

Bhatkal: Two Killed on Spot in Three-vehicle Collision

There was minor damage to the bus .The santro is gone .

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2672733)

It's a previous gen Honda Accord. Headlight and especially the position of indicator inside headlight gives away its identity.

This Scorpio had a fall down through a height of about 40 ft, rolled for about 4 times and guess what, Owner (driver) suffered only some minor scratches.:)

I think KL outshines all other states put together, atleast on this thread. By god!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2673581)
I think KL outshines all other states put together, atleast on this thread. By god!

Narrow winding roads + highest population density on both sides of the road + some people using the National Highways like their living rooms.

(Disclaimer: no offence meant to people from Kerala. This reasoning was given to me by a Mallu himself. :))

The population density, road condition everything plays a role for sure .

Kerala outshines all other states in alcohol consumption, and I believe this plays a major role , a set of wheels can be a reckless toy once you are charged up .

The law is trying to tighten its noose, but I believe that quite a big chunk of accidents happen because of “highly spirited” drivers :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2673520)
This Scorpio had a fall down through a height of about 40 ft, rolled for about 4 times and guess what, Owner (driver) suffered only some minor scratches.:)

Thank God, the occupants were safe. On another note, never thought the Scorpio was built that well. Was it travelling on some hilly road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2673520)

Looks like the guy lost control on slippery roads. Does in rain in Kerala during this time of year?