Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-688.html)

Accident near Trivandrum. Driver is dead and 4 others in critical stage.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120204_092202.png
Views: 6942
Size:  250.8 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2669495)
Accident near Trivandrum. Driver is dead and 4 others in critical stage.

Attachment 882264

why doesnt govt ban maruti from manufacturing these tin box vans?

atleast maruti should themselves stop these omnis by thinking about social responsibilities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 2669676)

atleast maruti should themselves stop these omnis by thinking about social responsibilities.

Agree with you; But I don't think they'll kill a duck laying golden eggs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 2669676)

IMHO its more to do with the responsibilities of the driver to understand the limitations of the vehicle one drives. I have seen omni's driven in rash manner as if they are driving a safe vehicle, so i would blame on the driver.

if Maruti has to stop producing Omni then Tata has to stop ace/venture and even nano, any manufacturers with mini vans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS (Post 2669885)
if Maruti has to stop producing Omni then Tata has to stop ace/venture and even nano, any manufacturers with mini vans.

:OT Why Nano? It has passed some European crash tests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 2669940)
:OT Why Nano? It has passed some European crash tests.

I guess that is a different European version with airbag. IMO still it doesn't stand a chance against a heavy/midsize vehicles if it is driven rashly.

We are hijacking the thread, we can discuss this in some other threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS (Post 2669885)
IMHO its more to do with the responsibilities of the driver to understand the limitations of the vehicle one drives. I have seen omni's driven in rash manner as if they are driving a safe vehicle, so i would blame on the driver.

the responsibilities of driver hold true to each and every car.
but sometimes other vehicles come and bang you, even if you try to avoid it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS (Post 2669982)
I guess that is a different European version with airbag. IMO still it doesn't stand a chance against a heavy/midsize vehicles if it is driven rashly.

We are hijacking the thread, we can discuss this in some other threads.

mostly none of the cars like maruti 800, alto, nano, honda city will withstand the heavy/midsize vehicle crash.

if you carefully see the build of omni, its outdated design. new vans, nano etc use high tensile strength sheet metal along with corrugations and beams etc.

sadly omni misses it.

ARAI has certified tata venture and other vehicles after they have passed the minimum roll over, crash tests.

omni has got approval decades back when ARAI dint even had its proper presence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paliontile (Post 2668448)
It was i who braked hard and swerved in the last sec avoiding the oncoming truck by inches, the truck didn't even try braking, if he did, there would be a chain collision as there were two more trucks tailgating him at 70kph on downhill slope! My mind was so numb i just couldn't react in any way, only noticed that the last truck had a punjab registered number....

Behind me there was an indica and another SUV (i had just overtook them) who braked hard too!

Right. The ORR is a very good road. But these trucks which come the wrong way is a real killer and has caused many accidents in the past. I am a regular user of the ORR. These are trucks used to transport construction material across the ORR. Another bad thing about this road is the divider. It is broad. But it is very low that most vehicles can crossover easily. And drivers on this road(specially new users) use this road for testing the limits of their vehicles. The entire stretch is being fenced to prevent people, cattle and stray animals to cause accidents. But I have seen stupids climbing over the 8 feet fence and crossing the road!!! And in some places, the fence has been cut by the locals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 2670079)
mostly none of the cars like maruti 800, alto, nano, honda city will withstand the heavy/midsize vehicle crash.

Sorry for going OT but why did you include Honda city?
Are you comparing crash worthiness of a vehicle with how strong the panels are? I think its how it dissipates the energy of the impact and most of the new cars are designed with this in mind.

I saw this accident at the signal near Maharaja hotel today evening. Looked like the Alto was trying to take a right by going over the tipper's left, and the tipper driver did not notice. So he hit the Alto and the car turned more and stood at right angles to the road. All the impact was taken by the rear right door, and the driver's window glass was intact.

Also, I saw a big hole in the left rear tyre's sidewall, with the rubber tube coming out! Another recipe for disaster. (I clicked a photo, but it got deleted accidentally :( ).

saw these two accidents on the way to work today:

1. u-turn gone bad:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3930.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3931.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3932.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3933.jpg

2. rear ending:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3939.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_3940.jpg

Tata truck smashed in NORR, Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paliontile (Post 2668448)
It was i who braked hard and swerved in the last sec avoiding the oncoming truck by inches, the truck didn't even try braking, if he did, there would be a chain collision as there were two more trucks tailgating him at 70kph on downhill slope! My mind was so numb i just couldn't react in any way, only noticed that the last truck had a punjab registered number....

Behind me there was an indica and another SUV (i had just overtook them) who braked hard too!

Swerved in which direction? Where was the space? I am sorry but your post is not making much sense in terms of understanding how you and the others behind extricated yourself(s).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2672114)
Swerved in which direction? Where was the space? I am sorry but your post is not making much sense in terms of understanding how you and the others behind extricated yourself(s).

Braked and waited till i had some place to squeeze in behind the slow moving trucks to my left and then swerved left i suppose, it was all so sudden that i myself dnt remember this in any graphic detail. The ones coming behind me are in the lane to my left and haven't yet moved over to the fast lane. They had at least a second or two more than me to brake i suppose.

And the aim of the post was to actually describe how dangerous these trucks driving in the wrong direction can be, not to describe an action sequence in an upcoming flick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisasa (Post 2671977)

Remember seeing this today morning, but was zipping by and i thought it was a truck and a tata-ace head on collision, now i noticed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisasa (Post 2671977)

How desperate is the camerman for a piece of news, standing with the tripod on the other lane?