Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-666.html)

My GF reported spotting a fully smashed up Seabird Tourists Volvo at Karmal Ghat, Goa. Any updates anyone? Also there is a unconfirmed news of another bus crashing on Bangalore-Goa route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 2622654)
How can a front wheel break at all spokes at the same time & the rim not getting bent as much. How strong are the alloys on this bike ?

On the contrary, one of my friends keeps complaining of the Yamaha alloys being light but really prone to getting bent on impact. Is it possible that the spokes were cut? I think the bike hot the front fairing without hitting the front wheel, so the wheel is not bent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by architect (Post 2623139)
On the contrary, one of my friends keeps complaining of the Yamaha alloys being light but really prone to getting bent on impact. Is it possible that the spokes were cut? I think the bike hot the front fairing without hitting the front wheel, so the wheel is not bent.

True I have heard of similar complaints about all Yamaha alloys, especially the FZ16. But, if according to you the bike hit its fairing, how could the spokes break ? It might explain the fork breaking into two. This is one deadly accident - Total Loss I say !

Saw this in today's TOI.

Article Window

I didn't know that car-parking space had become that restricted that vehicles now have to be parked vertical!

Or is this another variation on car-peeing-on-a-tree?

In my paper too. Apparently only minor injuries suffered, so we may feel free to laugh at this one :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2623122)
My GF reported spotting a fully smashed up Seabird Tourists Volvo at Karmal Ghat, Goa. Any updates anyone? Also there is a unconfirmed news of another bus crashing on Bangalore-Goa route.

Here you go 17 injured as inter-state bus topples - The Times of India

The driver must have dozed off

Vento accident near Kunnamkulam on 26th morning

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 2623628)
Here you go 17 injured as inter-state bus topples - The Times of India

The driver must have dozed off

Thats the reason I avoid Seabird as much as possible while visiting my native in Goa. In past 1.5 years me/my friends have witnessed 7 accidents involving Seabird, 4 of them due to loss of control.

Lucky that the bus did not crash into the valley next to accident site. :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 2622698)
That R15 turned into a Tron bike.:)

rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 2623626)
I didn't know that car-parking space had become that restricted that vehicles now have to be parked vertical!

Or is this another variation on car-peeing-on-a-tree?

In my paper too. Apparently only minor injuries suffered, so we may feel free to laugh at this one :uncontrol

This time, it looks like the car had gotten drunk, rather than the driver! *I'm stupid*

How in the World could someone have managed to pull that off? Beats me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheroad (Post 2623640)

Wow, that Vento looks fresh, apart from the front bumper. So fresh that a few parts here, a polish there, and it should be good to go! *grins* Hope the occupants are safe though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2623645)
Thats the reason I avoid Seabird as much as possible while visiting my native in Goa. In past 1.5 years me/my friends have witnessed 7 accidents involving Seabird, 4 of them due to loss of control.

Lucky that the bus did not crash into the valley next to accident site. :Shockked:

And to think I've been on the Seabird more than once in the last 3 years. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2623653)
And to think I've been on the Seabird more than once in the last 3 years. :eek:

Even I travel with them if no seat is available on VRL/KSRTC/Kadamba. But I see that I am alert all times specially 2am onwards. Here is what I remember about Seabird accidents.
1. My cousins family traveling from Goa to Bangalore: Crashed into a truck from behind. They reached Bangalore evening 5.30 instead of morning.
2. Similar incident as above resulting in passenger being transported on different bus.
3. Driver looses control goes off road and turtles off NH4. One dead multiple injured.
4. Bus hits a two wheeler at Gule near Cancona. rider dead.
5. A sleeper bus in which I am traveling almost hits a standing lorry from behind at very high speed. The driver was probably dozing off.

There is a fair possibility that I know the driver who was involved in yesterdays incident. Passengers were indeed lucky to have escaped with injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheroad (Post 2623640)

Any idea what happend to the vento ? I dont see any skid marks. Is this on the Calicut Highway from Kunnamkulam?

Regards
Raghu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2621441)
Something missing!:D

What could be missing, I wonder?stupid:

On a more serious note, how on earth did that happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2623645)

I remember someone telling me of one Sea Bird Volvo accident where passengers were dead and a few of them hurt badly .It seems the driver just hopped into another bus and ran off . Even their office wasnt of any help . Now ,I dont know how much of this is true .

I know of ticketing issues on their buses.Recently , relative was left fighting for his seat at Mangalore as the agents washed their hands off booking more than one person for a seat . They did refund the money later on though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 2623758)
I remember someone telling me of one Sea Bird Volvo accident where passengers were dead and a few of them hurt badly .It seems the driver just hopped into another bus and ran off . Even their office wasnt of any help . Now ,I dont know how much of this is true . though

This was probably the Isuzu made bus which crashed off NH4 somewhere near Davangere(not sure). I was in the following Volvo(of Seabird) and this Isuzu guy madly overtook us and in few minutes lost control after hitting a truck headon.

Today morning while on the way to office around 8.45 AM, saw this accident between a i10 and SX4. This was on the road from bashyam circle signal and Sankey tank park entrance(malleshwaram). Some fluid on the road, no idea whether it was oil or blood.

The passanger cabin looked fine in both the cars, but the SX4 had lost its front right wheel and the i10 was all banged up on the left side. i believe the i10 and SX4 had a collision coming from opposite sides and the i10 spinned 180 hitting the sidewall before coming to a stand still. Thats coz, both the cars were facing towards sankey tank side rather than facing each other and there were good number scratch marks on the road.

Sorry no pics as i recently broke my nexus one :-(.

Any one else saw this?