Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-665.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaKilo (Post 2621462)
Must have been a very hard landing. But then how did the whole chassis break off? looks like a modular frame/split section chassis unlike a monoframe chassis. Secondly look at the left outer tyre, completely bald! What is SETC thinking? Running these buses on inter-state routes is simply asking for trouble. Now with such maintenance, I dont wonder why TN contributes 15% to the accident rate in the country. Rather, the percentage should be even more. :deadhorse

the chassis is not broken. these are regular cases when leaf springs break or come out and then the body bangs on wheels giving such a big jerk that the drive shaft comes off and the whole air suspension set up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2620116)
Even if the driver spotted the hump in the last minute, how did he manage to hit the pole on the left.

If i encounter a hump that i did not see, i just stamp on the brake and worst case the underbody scrapes the hump

Not sure how he managed to hit the pole/wall on left when the hump is ahead.

I'm sure you know, Sir, that a car and a bus don't behave the same way under heavy braking. While a car might be better equipped and designed to absorb the speed-breaker, the bus in the picture seems to belong to the batch of the older BMTC buses.

So under hard-braking, while a car might shimmy for a few seconds, a bus might squirm off course, especially in the hands of an unskilled driver. Which is most-likely the case :D

Saw this accident on NH46 near Krishnagiri yesterday around 5.00 PM a Toyota innova KA registered travelling from Chennai side to Bangalore, just while crossing the first diversion to the city has hit a couple travelling in a Hero Honda Splendor. Lot of crowd gathering was found immediately after the accident. An elderly person was sitting in the passenger seat of the innova.

You can see the tyre marks of the vehicle on applying brake, visible for more than 100 feet...

Damage was observed in the innova front portion, found some of coolant was leaking, unable to capture close shots as the crowd gathered near the vehilce was not a good mood.

Saw a crashed Old Model Maruti Zen on the Vile-Parle flyover, while crossing from VP to Andheri. Glass bits were strewn around. Left wheel was punctured. Stain marks on the road probably from leaked oil / fluids.

Could not click pictures as i do not have a camera phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by accentgiri (Post 2622192)
You can see the tyre marks of the vehicle on applying brake, visible for more than 100 feet...

Looks like the driver had to jump on his brakes on seeing the two wheeler in his path at the last moment. ABS would have been handy here.

PS : Gap in median near the skid marks suggests two wheeler rider joined the highway without bothering to turnaround.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 2622240)
Looks like the driver had to jump on his brakes on seeing the two wheeler in his path at the last moment. ABS would have been handy here.

PS : Gap in median near the skid marks suggests two wheeler rider joined the highway without bothering to turnaround.

Given the driving style of the other biker seen in the photo (wrong side in the fast lane) only god knows what the biker did and whether ABS could have helped.

Yesterday while coming back from Kamat Lokaruchi, mysore road, to bangalore, after Rama nagara around 11:00AM, saw new swift toppled, and being pulled over to the roadside by a crane. (there is a Veg restaurant attached to the petrol bunk on the left side, where the small speed (car) breakers are there infront of the restaurant)

The side of the swift was much damaged, but inside cabin looked ok and there was a huge crowd surrounded the swift. Hope nobody was hurt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2622272)
Given the driving style of the other biker seen in the photo (wrong side in the fast lane) only god knows what the biker did and whether ABS could have helped.

This biker is probably on the wrong side due to the blockage on the other side. I am guessing at that point all vehicles had to do that due to the blockage and the crowd. The skid marks are pretty long which means that the driver saw the two wheeler in his path, had to brake hard, his tyres locked up and he could not steer the car away from the biker. ABS would helped to at least steer the car on to other lane if not bring the car to a complete stop before the hitting the biker.

What I am surprised is that the Innova continued alongside the curve in a straight line . 2 things - The Innova dwas definitely at a very high speed . And,the Innova didnt lose its backend inspite of this kind of braking .

No idea how the car ended up like this; I got this picture from FB.

The location looks like the timber mill next to KSEB, Valiyakulam, Triputhura, Ernakulam. May be rajeev_k has some info. about this incident.

I remember seeing this car numerous time in and around Tripunithura. Sad to see in this state :Frustrati.

It seems the biker has crossed the crossing without looking for vehicle coming in the speed lane. Sad part of it is that it was the 3rd accident on the same day at the same spot, morning, afternoon and in the evening, all involving 2 wheelers crossing the place.
In the next high way crossing speed breakers are available , so that vehicles cannot cross as such. They have to wait and cross the highway. Hope the highway team provides some speed breakers in this crossing too at the earliest.

A smashed up R15:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2622625)
A smashed up R15:deadhorse

Damn ! That is really bad. How can a front wheel break at all spokes at the same time & the rim not getting bent as much. How strong are the alloys on this bike ? Did something get caught in the spokes which made them break ? Just can't imagine the level of this damage ! Is the owner/rider ok ?

^^ Is that a piece of white metal the number plate with temp registration?

That R15 turned into a Tron bike.:)