Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-64.html)

This looks so much what they do in a movie stunt.
I think they call that appartus as a Kicker.

The car climbs the a ramp.
at the end of it is a rod that is bent at an angle away from the car.
It makes the car flip over and gives those dramtic moments in the movie.

This driver is very very lucky the car did not flip more than once.
He should be gratefull it did not catch fire.
I am guessing being a diesel helped and also that the road was smooth.

Plus the car without a roll cage has held its shape.

Lucky family.
They now have a great story to be told over coffee over and over again.

At what speed then? and didn't the car skid away? In my opinion, it should it it was moving! I feel, the actually accident happy some distance behind where the car stopped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 913281)
At what speed then? and didn't the car skid away? In my opinion, it should it it was moving! I feel, the actually accident happy some distance behind where the car stopped.

Not necessarily.
Check out this video.
How to Flip Your Car With 10 Feet of Space

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 913292)
Not necessarily.
Check out this video.
How to Flip Your Car With 10 Feet of Space

I have seen this one. again, I say, no one would want to do it intentionally. The Combi in the video is going really slow, but I am sure this car was going fast. Why would the grill and other parts get damaged then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 913350)
I have seen this one. again, I say, no one would want to do it intentionally. The Combi in the video is going really slow, but I am sure this car was going fast. Why would the grill and other parts get damaged then?

I am not sure why they got damaged. I was not there.
However the point I am trying to make is that to flip a car you dont need to be going fast.

Dzire is the boot contraption of Swift. Did this affect its handling?
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 913266)
All he knew was that there was a kid running on the road and he tried to save him and another second he toppled. Funny thing is that he never applied the brake, not a single skid marks on the road. I guess his left front tyre climbed the marked area of rock.
Say what?

Yes lucky that it didn't flip again. But catch fire? This isn't a hollywood or bollywood movie !!
Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 913280)
This driver is very very lucky the car did not flip more than once. He should be gratefull it did not catch fire.

Top me looks like the car swerved left hit a ramp like elevation, then to counter going off road he swerved right causing the left end to lift up and topple the vehicle.

Well that my opinion. Sir Alec, why dont you just ask the driver :)

Now to see the vids on how to flip the car.

The Scorpio and DZire accidents look shocking. Lovely photography indeed!
I am posting picture of a Bolero(below) that met with a minor accident near the NTR gardens Hyderabad

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sonycamv-1038.jpg
This is a smashed Alto that I photographed in Kolkata. the passenger cabin is more or less intact but the engine bay has borne the impact.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sonycamv-1552.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 913679)
Dzire is the boot contraption of Swift. Did this affect its handling?

The Swift has excellent handling & stability, I don't see how the DZire can have a problem with that. Would you care to elaborate what factors your concern is based upon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 913719)
The Swift has excellent handling & stability, I don't see how the DZire can have a problem with that. Would you care to elaborate what factors your concern is based upon?

Yes, DECENT handling - but dont forget the rear suspension is NOT independent.

Also - dont forget, that Swift has high ground clearance.

I am sure the Swift Hatch is better handling than DZire.

Does Swift retain the exact same handling & stability characteristics with boot?
Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 913719)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 913858)
Does Swift retain the exact same handling & stability characteristics with boot?

thats what i wan't to know? BTW adding a boot did they played with the Wheelbase or suspension. You know adding boot was the idea of indian engineers at maruti and not part of japs design.

terrible accident on ghodbunder road.
the big crane skidded and landed bang on the ill fated indigo which was absolutely smashed.this pic has been clicked a few mins after the accident.guess the inmates are critical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by watashi75 (Post 913052)
The paint has not scraped off. So seems the car has not hit the rocks. Also the car would have toppled on its side had it hit on its side.

IMO, the car has flipped on its side, the heavier engine has made it lie on the engine and not the roof. It would be hard to do a stoppie, then go overboard in a Swift or any car.
-GG

Indigo accident - Critical is an understatement. Doesnt look like there is scope for survival.