Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-631.html)

I was on the 11th floor inside IITM research park, Chennai and guess what I saw out of the window.

It had even the seat covers intact. A novice driver, who overshot a small curve and probably pressed the accelerator instead of the brake pedal. He felled a tree and then managed to drive into the pond. :)

Rescue operations took around 3-4 hours and the rear right coil spring came along with the tow hook as it was attached to it at first.

Today morning when I came out to my balcony with toothbrush, saw this unusual guy exercising outside of the garden!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc05207.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2536807)
I was on the 11th floor inside IITM research park, Chennai and guess what I saw out of the window.

It had even the seat covers intact. A novice driver, who overshot a small curve and probably pressed the accelerator instead of the brake pedal. He felled a tree and then managed to drive into the pond. :)

Rescue operations took around 3-4 hours and the rear right coil spring came along with the tow hook as it was attached to it at first.

That is absolutely hilarious! Though I am sure the car driver does not think so ....

This was once a Bolero. Clicked in Rajasthan some months back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica

Looks like some heavy vehicle toppled on the bolero

Toyota Innova Belly Up.

Ottapalam-Kerala.

truck on it's side

was zooming out of a narrow lane onto a main road with a full load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2537441)

If this is considered as total loss then is the owner planning to buy a new body if not a good deal for those who want to do MM550 or 540 as the engine bay is untouched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2537441)

Looks like it was bulldozed by some heavy vehicle, the back of the vehicle seems to have taken more beating, any idea how it happened?

In a shocking accident on NH 5 a Chevy Captiva hit a stationary truck and all the eight passengers died. Here is a link to the sad piece of news-
SUV hits stationary truck, eight pilgrims spot dead

The larger questions which arise IMHO are -
(a) Will the NH authorities wake up from their sleep and remove stationary vehicles from the Highways

(b) What happened to the famed safety features of the 20 lakh rupee car in the present case? The car hit at a speed of 100 Kmph.

A car travelling at 100 kmph on a under-construction 2-laned road deserves no sympathy, even assuming a truck was parked by the side of the road.

The larger question that should be asked is your second Q - why pay so much of money for a car without safety features, the fact that all died in the car is a shock!

It is really sad. the driver was apparently overworked and fell asleep at the wheel.

Article in The Telegraph Calcutta Festival curse strikes ride with sleep-deprived driver

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2537500)
Toyota Innova Belly Up.

Ottapalam-Kerala.

I had passed that area in a short while after the incident took place. No casualties. Not sure how it happened, but I'm guessing that it was the driver's lack of control at high speed that caused this. The road is really good but the slope and the curve demands a great deal of caution.

Mods note: Thread merged Accidents in India - PICS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar
A car travelling at 100 kmph on a under-construction 2-laned road deserves no sympathy, even assuming a truck was parked by the side of the road.

The larger question that should be asked is your second Q - why pay so much of money for a car without safety features, the fact that all died in the car is a shock!

If one sees the picture in the article, it is clear why no one survived. I don't think any vehicle would have helped, because the car is basically a lump of scrap now. Airbags would not really have helped in this case, even if we assume the passengers were wearing their seat belts. ABS obviously didn't even come into play because the driver dozed off apparently and never even touched the brakes. 100kmph into a stationary truck is a serious amount if momentum.