Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-617.html)

This Indica Vista came with its engine lying in the boot. It was not clear how it ended like this but heard that no one was hurt.

The car should have been scraped BUT it is being repaired .:Frustrati

Saw this pic in fb, looks like somewhere in Kerala.

^^^Looks like a PS job. But if it is not then that Wagon R is not a tall boy anymore. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2510566)
^^^Looks like a PS job. But if it is not then that Wagon R is not a tall boy anymore. :)

:uncontrol

Sorry, I know it would be horrible for anyone to wake up to that kind of thing. Looks like the builder cut costs by skimping on the Reinforcing steel in the RCC

PS. On the way to the Ford DSFL event I saw a silver Swift in Indiranagar near Cambridge Layout. Looked like it had run into a pole or something spot in the middle, bumper was scraped off of paint and bonnet was crumpled a little and hence raised. Didn't stop for pics because I was getting delayed. Did anyone else catch that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2510553)
Saw this pic in fb, looks like somewhere in Kerala.

The canopy's columns are not seen. So was it a cantilever? With all those loads it was destined to fail.
See the A-pillar. Perhaps, It would have borne the full brunt of the cross member of the roof structure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2510566)
^^^Looks like a PS job.

Looks even more like a lousy-builder job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2510610)
:uncontrol

Sorry, I know it would be horrible for anyone to wake up to that kind of thing. Looks like the builder cut costs by skimping on the Reinforcing steel in the RCC

In fact it looks like it was forgotten entirely for the front section that fell, although a very few rods can be seen on the side.

I suspect that this piece was an afterthought, and more or less stuck on the building.

Let us hope the car was empty of people at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2510610)
Looks like the builder cut costs by skimping on the Reinforcing steel in the RCC

:OT
I think it's more a case of the house owner cutting costs - by skimping on employing a qualified architect and going to a contractor directly.

Gruesome accident near Ranchi.Anyone has more info?
20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Yahoo!

Just learned that the bike was not registered in the name of Azhar or his son.
Don't know if its true. After all its TOI we are talking of.

Azharuddin's son super bike, Suzuki GSX R1000, registered in petty shoe trader's name - Times Of India

This accident had happened few days back near Hiranandani Estate - Ghodbunder Road - Thane. The truck has come from the wrong side. Both the truck & the cruze had caught fire. The car is still lying at Kasarvadavli Police Station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiren
This accident had happened few days back near Hiranandani Estate - Ghodbunder Road - Thane. The truck has come from the wrong side. Both the truck & the cruze had caught fire. The car is still lying at Kasarvadavli Police Station.

Man, that is extraordinarily sad for the Cruze owner. Hope no one was injured! I also hope the truck driver's license is revoked for life. What a needless waste, just to save a few hundred meters.

Ps. It looks as though the Cruze's front alloy has also burnt and charred in the second pic. Didn't know alloys would burn like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiren (Post 2512424)

Well, it does look bad! :eek: It seems the Cruze has suffered the most with burnt body, tires and crumpled metal as compared to just the burnt body of the truck. Even the tires and the front bumper of the truck look fine!

Hope there were no casualties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2511971)
Just learned that the bike was not registered in the name of Azhar or his son.
Don't know if its true. After all its TOI we are talking of.

Azharuddin's son super bike, Suzuki GSX R1000, registered in petty shoe trader's name - Times Of India

The bike was illegal!!! There is something wrong in the no.s quoted in the article. According to the police only 88% duty was paid. For CBUs to be imported into India, 116% duty has to be paid. For a used bike, the duty is higher at around 160%.

Also, Suzuki India only launched the GSX R1000 in India in 2011, this was imported over a year back.:Shockked:

So Hon. MP Mohd. Azharuddin was in possession of a bike which was a clear cut case for DRI confiscation. Long Live the govt.
:deadhorse

These snaps were clicked by a friend of mine(awaiting membership approval at TeamBHP) at some TATA service station where he had gone for regular service of his Safari.No clue about what happened.Looks like something huge fell on it.

^^^
Seems like the Safari toppled and did a few cartwheels.