Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-613.html)

Looks like a Sumo Victa! It probably happened at night or early in the morning. the rear wheel definitely hit something hard before the car flipped!

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2500943)
I have no idea how he managed this in such a crowded road - NH47 near Karunagappally, Kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 2501047)
Looks like a Sumo Victa! It probably happened at night or early in the morning. the rear wheel definitely hit something hard before the car flipped!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2501040)
Absolutely! Looks like it was dropped from an airplane. :eek:

BTW, what vehicle is that?

1) The vehicle is Grande Sumo
2) There is damage in the front right rim ( a bit )
3) The rear axle is out of shape.

Looks like a high speed corner gone bad.

when i went to pickup my friend last evening, saw a accident on the service lane off the Banaswadi turn off on ORR. looked like a bike had a head on collision with a VW Polo. not sure, but the front wheel of the bike (alloys) looked damaged. the surprising sight was that the front right of that Polo was completely damaged!! :Shockked: i mean, it looked like that Polo had a collision with a car, not a bike! even the front right wheel arch was bent.

is Polo so delicate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2501040)
Absolutely! Looks like it was dropped from an airplane. :eek:

BTW, what vehicle is that?

The vehicle is Sumo Grande.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2501088)
is Polo so delicate?

It's solidly built but I understand that modern cars are designed to absorb
maximum impact and keep passengers safe- that may be the reason.

Bikes do a surprising amount of damage incidentally, especially in head-on collisions. I remember an accident in Bangalore maybe 5 years ago when a biker coming the wrong went through the windscreen of a car, killing the driver immediately. Very sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 2501057)
1) The vehicle is Grande Sumo
2) There is damage in the front right rim ( a bit )
3) The rear axle is out of shape.

Looks like a high speed corner gone bad.

There is no curve to do a cornering, the road is straight. My guess is an overtaking attempt gone bad. But still this is very difficult to achieve in such heavy traffic. During Onam days these roads are packed with traffic.

Must be drunken driving. The place is Karunagappally which has recorded the highest liquor sales in Kerala during the past two days of Onam festival.

Yes it is a TATA (Sumo) Grande.

Just saw on Times Now that formar cricker Azzarudin's son met with an accident today morning in Hyderabad and has been admitted to hospital. They were showing a severly damaged suzuki sports bike which I believe he was riding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 2501487)
Just saw on Times Now that formar cricker Azzarudin's son met with an accident today morning in Hyderabad and has been admitted to hospital. They were showing a severly damaged suzuki sports bike which I believe he was riding.

The Hindu reports that Ayazuddin is no more. But other news sites (including TV news channels) just say that he is in critical condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanjf (Post 2501503)
The Hindu reports that Ayazuddin is no more. But other news sites (including TV news channels) just say that he is in critical condition.

someone posted a comment on the news about the accident, about an hour ago that his son has passed away. not sure if this is reliable information.

A regional news channel here in Bangalore has been saying he died in the accident immediately. But I saw a doctors statement that he's in the OT and all efforts are on.

Btw was it a GSX R 1000 or a 150? I just got a glimpse in one of the news channels.

The pillion who happens to be Azhar's nephew is confirmed dead. May the young boy's soul rest in peace!

Mohammad Azharuddin's son injured in accident - Video | The Times of India

Pic from above link :
Looks like some suzuki litre class bike.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-9943237.jpeg

Reports say that both had head injuries, and one of them is dead, whereas the other is critical. Aren't two-wheelers banned on the ORR?

P.S: The bike is a Suzuki GSX-R1000

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm
Reports say that both had head injuries, and one of them is dead, whereas the other is critical. Aren't two-wheelers banned on the ORR?

P.S: The bike is a Suzuki GSX-R1000

I guess they are, in principle at least. Were they wearing helmets? How did the accident take place?

About Azhar's son, saw one of his friend talking about how responsible he was and that he had a 'professional' license. Was he into motorsports?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 2501898)
I guess they are, in principle at least. Were they wearing helmets? How did the accident take place?

About Azhar's son, saw one of his friend talking about how responsible he was and that he had a 'professional' license. Was he into motorsports?

Extract from The Hindu site,

Police officers who visited the site of the accident surmised that the sports bike veered off at the toll gate structures on the ORR. The road at the toll gates was cemented; the bitumen segment ended a hundred yards before the accident spot. Police said Ayazuddin must have lost control with the change in surface.
The Hindu : States / Andhra Pradesh : Azharuddin

Here is the news coverage of Ayazuddin's crash.
TV9 - Exclusive visuals on Azharuddin's son Ayazuddin road accident - YouTube