Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-543.html)

Omg! Are you serious that there were 10??:deadhorse
Underage driving has turned out to be a matter of pride and fantasy these days. I too have a lot of friends who use their vehicles, even though they are not 18 yet! But whenever I or some of my other sensible friends talk to them about it, they act as if we people are crazy! Hope they see this report. May god give their parents the strength to overcome this shock. RIP.

And parents, please please do not handover the keys of your car or two-wheeler to your kids unless they obtain a license. It may be that they are going just to the next street but you never know when and how things are going to happen. Please take enough precaution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 2352283)
Ten Kids in a Car. Travelling @ 130 for a Party :Frustrati:Frustrati

On top of that Parents giving car keys to their children. Very good, India is shining.

with ten in the car (and they aren't exactly kids, the driver was 21 and most were above 18) the car would have weighed at least 1.7 tons; rolled over 9 times !

Depending on how they were distributed the car's handling would have been sacrificed completely and I'm not sure there would have been adequate space even for the driver to reach controls !

How did the car manage to do 130 in the first place?!

Guys,

Please let up this stupid moralizing.

a. They were not all "kids". Our grandparents had already had their 1st offspring by then.
b. 130 kph is hearsay - were they caught on a speedgun? The fact is that on that road, you anyways drive at 100+ speeds just like everyone else.

The main problem was the overloading of the car. If it had been 5 people, all belted down - things would have been much better.

We cannot hypothesize what made the tyre burst & cause the catastrophic series of events.

PS: Atleast in gurgaon - there are "sharing" autos routinely speeding in traffic haphazardly with 14-16 people on board. The police never reacts to anything, anywhere.

Quote:

Damn, that picture made me gulp! Horrible crash. Overloading a car is just bad news. For one, the suspension won't have any travel, and the many dips on our expressway can lead to complete loss of control. Then, there is also the concern of the tyre bursting. Lastly, due to the fact that the rear seat would have 6 - 7 means serious injury in a crash.

Quote:

On top of that Parents giving car keys to their children
As long as the driver isn't underage, where is the problem in "giving keys to their children".

I must add though, it's best for fresh drivers to start driving in a car with mediocre power. Just glad I learnt how to drive in a slow Padmini. The car ran out of juice way before my skills did. That's not something you can say about a 100 BHP car being driven by a novice.

Quote:

On top of that Parents giving car keys to their children. Very good, India is shining.

As mentioned in the article the boy lied to his parents saying that he was treating his friends in Bandra. Since he was 21 I think he used to drive regularly and his parents must have given him the keys without asking anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMohanan (Post 2352388)
It is a shocking incident. Let everyone of you request your son/daughter read this report. Atleast some of them may become wiser to save some lives in the future.

Let god give the mental strength to the families and escaped students to overcome the situation. Remember, all of them got involved due to the negligent driving of ONE USELESS GUY.

The injured students may be able to save their lives. But, with such a massive injury, imagine their remaining life. Now, every one of them will become wiser, but of no use. So, let us once more show the incident to the children to avoid such lies/thrilling drives/races.

I am a 22 year old. Let me tell you one thing which I have observed. Boys are very proud of their driving and when I say driving I mean rash driving. I do not know from where they learn to drive like this but they assume rash driving to be "cool". Yes even I belong to that age group but then when I started driving I did it under the supervision of my dad who was very strict about driving. Even if I forgot to give a signal for taking turns at 2 in the night he would shout at me. He would say just one thing - " These things appear to be small and useless but when you realise how important these things are it might just be too late". Whenever I go out with my friends they always make fun of me that I drive like a "dadaji" because I am always very cautious and drive sedately. They never realize that their life is in my hands too.

Taking out your friends in your car is normal. But sometimes just to show off or just to impress your friends some people tend to drive aggressively. I say this because when I started driving even I did it once or twice. But then one time I was very close to crashing and realised my mistake. From there on I always drive cautiously. Of course driving etiquettes are never taught to new drivers and they eventually learn the things which everybody does. I would like to say one thing only - Never drive at high speeds. India is not meant for such driving. On highways it is fine but in cities even during night or early morning when there is no traffic one should never speed up a lot. Please have patience while driving.

My advice to parents - Please do not let your kids drive alone immidiately after learning from driving school. What we learn from driving school is not at all similar to what happens on our Indian roads. Please supervise their driving and only when you are confident give them your car keys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2352680)
Guys,

Please let up this stupid moralizing.

The main problem was the overloading of the car. If it had been 5 people, all belted down - things would have been much better.

We cannot hypothesize what made the tyre burst & cause the catastrophic series of events.

+1 to that. 21year old driving a car is in no way underage driving.

But what are the chances that the extra weight (due to overloading) and high speed (even if it was 100+) caused the tyre to let go? I would say quite high.

Quote:

I must add though, it's best for fresh drivers to start driving in a car with mediocre power. Just glad I learnt how to drive in a slow Padmini. The car ran out of juice way before my skills did. That's not something you can say about a 100 BHP car being driven by a novice.
Agree. I would also say, a compulsory 60 min video screening of safe driving, defensive driving, and pictures from the Morgue of accident victims and pics of smashed vehicles, interviews and case studies of some crashes should also be undertaken immediately after the Learners exam - in the same sitting at the RTO.

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanil (Post 2352975)
I am a 22 year old. Let me tell you one thing which I have observed. Boys are very proud of their driving and when I say driving I mean rash driving. I do not know from where they learn to drive like this but they assume rash driving to be "cool". Yes even I belong to that age group but then when I started driving I did it under the supervision of my dad who was very strict about driving. Even if I forgot to give a signal for taking turns at 2 in the night he would shout at me. He would say just one thing - " These things appear to be small and useless but when you realise how important these things are it might just be too late". Whenever I go out with my friends they always make fun of me that I drive like a "dadaji" because I am always very cautious and drive sedately. They never realize that their life is in my hands too.

Saanil, reading your post makes me feel better about the future :thumbs up

I think a blackbox device similar to planes needs to be there on all vehicles. To record vehicle stats as well as video if possible. It can be simply recording in a loop for last 30 min or so. Might be useful to identify the culprit and the circumstances AND some lesson worth videos.

Quote:

Ten Kids in a Car. Travelling @ 130 for a Party

man!! that's flat as a pancake!! :Shockked: :Shockked:

Wow!! I mean WOW!! How did things deteriorate from there?

50 years, not a scratch: 81-yr-old cabbie gives tips to city drivers, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

Quote:

I came to Mumbai from a village in Karnataka, and when I approached the authorities for a licence to drive a taxi, I was advised to undergo a two-month training at a driving school...

Mind you, I knew driving. But I joined a training school in Girgaon, where I was made to learn every rule in the book.” Clearing the test was another hurdle. “During the test, I was made to drive and drive and drive, with an RTO inspector sitting next to me, constantly asking me questions. Today’s cabbies would faint at such a grilling.”
clap:

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2352907)
As long as the driver isn't underage, where is the problem in "giving keys to their children".

I am not saying that 21 years is kids age. But the stupidity of having 10 friends in a car designed for five. Moreover, children should be strictly how taught to drive cars starting from a small car. Not that the moment our Children learn to drive, we give them Ferrari and ask to drive at 200 KMPH.

Parents also should not bow down to every demand of Children. When the Boy asked the Father to give keys to Car, Father should have strictly rejected it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 2353510)
I am not saying that 21 years is kids age. But the stupidity of having 10 friends in a car designed for five. Moreover, children should be strictly how taught to drive cars starting from a small car. Not that the moment our Children learn to drive, we give them Ferrari and ask to drive at 200 KMPH.

Parents also should not bow down to every demand of Children. When the Boy asked the Father to give keys to Car, Father should have strictly rejected it.

the father might not have known what his son was up to. In fact the son might not have known himself - a lot of times overloading is not planned, the friends might have just met and decided to go out together.

The over speeding part is foolishness of the situation, and of course the policemen should have stopped them at first notice and fined heavily.

I can only imagine the grief of the parents of the three children; losing a child is always hard, losing a child at 16 ...

Somehow as a society we have been desensitized so much about human life, several of us don't care about our own lives, forget the others.

I don't know what the solution is.

Too many passengers in a car messes your braking big time. Momentum and Newton at work.

This happened about an hour back, I had crossed the point earlier in the day at about 3 pm.

Seems like sudden braking by the bus made the scorpio 1 hit it from behind, scorpio 2 was a way distant and tried to avoid it with a sharp turn leading to it going on its side and the Merc ML350 hit the auto as well its rear (probably another car that sped away). Major damage to all vehicles though no known casualties.