Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-524.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2254724)
It also covers street racing in stock cars (I.e. such damages are excluded from cover).

You can search this forum for Rtech's experience with ICICI where they tried to use it to deny claim.

If they can prove that car was driven over 40 kmph within city limits (based on analysis of impact to car and stationary property), claim can be denied. Only exception would be some highways inside city.

To the best of my understanding, if they can't actually prove the car was used for racing, they cannot deny the claim. Simply because a car was speeding does not mean it was racing.

To illustrate further, let's say I am driving to work and have already met a few traffic jams en route. So when the next traffic light turns green, I throttle the car and take off, soon reaching 60kmph. I suddenly find that the traffic ahead of me has stopped due to some reason. I am unable to brake in time and I hit another vehicle from behind. I wasn't racing. I was speeding.

However if I engaged in some kind of road rage with another person who dared me to reach the next light first and then if I zoomed away and then if I had an accident, I was racing. In this case even if my car were doing 30kmph, I won't be covered by insurance.

There are of course various factors which will determine if you can prove or disprove one thing or another. But if the company cannot prove conclusively that the car was used against the terms of the insurance contract, you should be able to get the claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2302761)
OMG!! :eek: I would have fainted upon reaching my doorstep!
Did the pup survive with injuries or was it unscathed?
--Ragul

Yup, the pup survived.
There was no blood on the car and saw the pup moving through my RVM, though it was limping a little but probably he would be alright with time.
I was not doing much speed.This happened just a little after we started our journey from Tirupati, so technically was still in city limits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2302406)
Yesterday was not a good day!!
1. A pup cam under my wheels, thankfully it survived.
2. A Swaraj Mazda truck and a tractor collided, leading to severe front damage to the truck, the tractor's front wheel was in perpendicular position to the road. Didn't see anyone around. The accident happened on saturday afternoon on the road from kadapa to renigunta.On sunday, the truck was gone but the tractor was still there.
3. Tyre punctured at high speeds, on way back to Hyderabad from Tirupati,between kadapa and gooty, thankfully nothing happened, but due to high speeds, tyre got cut. So lost a tyre.
4. As we reached hyderabad in night at 12:45a.m, just after airport, saw a horrific accident.A Indica taxi,went under a Truck on it's side. Truck was probably taking a turn as it was on the wrong side, as it's direction indicated.
The driver probably lost his lives. Saw a lady with two teenage daughter, one of whose cloth had blood on it. Didn't click pictures. The accident probably happened minutes before we arrived.
5. Moved on towards my home and on the PVNR Expressway, on the other side. saw 4cars lined up. Probably the third car in the row rear ended the 2nd car. The guys were exchanging blows on the expressway. Moved on and reached home.
What a day it had been after a wonderful darshan at Tirumala.

Oops! thats a lot of incidents for a single day :Shockked:
glad you are safe home!
I actually thought incident 2 followed incident 1! then realized otherwise as I read on.

Saw this tumbled truck on the road. The exact cause is not known but it appears that it hit the divider and tumbled (perhaps in a bid to save a sudden overtaking maneuver from the left side).

This happened near Genpact crossing on DLF golf course road in Gurgaon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudder (Post 2303513)
Saw this tumbled truck on the road. The exact cause is not known but it appears that it hit the divider and tumbled (perhaps in a bid to save a sudden overtaking maneuver from the left side).

This happened near Genpact crossing on DLF golf course road in Gurgaon.

Isn't that a truck carrying gas cylinders? This is the second incident I am seeing involving gas cylinders, the last incident was due to an over loaded truck toppling on a cab killing all the occupants and now this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 2303051)
I'd spotted an accident at the same spot last year, and had reported it (late) here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2234935

I believe the cause for the Vento accident too, was overspeeding.

So is this spot an "accident zone"? I think overspeeding + the bend in the curve causes such accidents.

And is the Vento deemed to be a total loss?

Yes. Exactly the same spot. It has to be overspeeding. The Vento was in a bad shape and looked like a total loss to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 2303340)
There are of course various factors which will determine if you can prove or disprove one thing or another. But if the company cannot prove conclusively that the car was used against the terms of the insurance contract, you should be able to get the claim.

they don't have to prove it to deny claim. They just have of find reasonable cause to deny claim.

There are multiple such cases on forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 2294559)
Actually, its the other way round. The country with maximum number of accidents use max horns. Fair enough, eh?.

That's so true. you can see so many guys just zipping around rashly with continues honking thinking since they honked, the other driver is mandatory to move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2303369)
Yup, the pup survived.
There was no blood on the car and saw the pup moving through my RVM, though it was limping a little but probably he would be alright with time.
I was not doing much speed.This happened just a little after we started our journey from Tirupati, so technically was still in city limits.

Tirupati has a lot of stray dogs [friendly though I guess] and there are high chances that you will always hit & run at least one of those ! Even I ran over a pup when I was just getting out of Tirupati limits and I guess that pup died - could not see it suffering and just drove off. Not sure what else I could have done. The image from the RVM was disturbing enough for a whole week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmytravel (Post 2303751)
That's so true. you can see so many guys just zipping around rashly with continues honking thinking since they honked, the other driver is mandatory to move.

I agree with your point - have seen some stupid guys honking in traffic signals for no reason [when the signal is RED]. We also need to remember that we LIVE in a country where even if we honk for the right reasons, some gentlemen never give way!

a banged up Laura

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0139.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybiker46 (Post 2305266)
a banged up Laura

Attachment 527916

Laura looks like Accent.

^^ That is indeed an accent. The front fender is a give away. Looks like he didn't give way at an intersection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 2305317)
Laura looks like Accent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2305354)
^^ That is indeed an accent. The front fender is a give away. Looks like he didn't give way at an intersection.

It is a Skoda Laura people. :rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2305354)
^^ That is indeed an accent

By no stretch of imagination it could be an Accent. It is indeed a Skoda Laura. Check out the pic below

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 5900
Size:  241.5 KB

The areas circled in red clearly says it is a Skoda.

Esteem lover meant that it resembles an Accent after the crash, just like we say a rear-ended Indica resembles a nano, likewise.

And yes, it IS a Skoda Laura.