Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-523.html)

A brand new Volkswagen Vento right out of the showroom (it seemed so with the ribbons still intact) met with an accident on Sankey road, Bangalore. What a fate for a brand new car.

Felt sorry for the guy (probably the owner) sitting next to it (second and third pic).

Quote:

Originally Posted by human_wheels (Post 2302277)
A brand new Volkswagen Vento right out of the showroom (it seemed so with the ribbons still intact) met with an accident on Sankey road, Bangalore. What a fate for a brand new car.

Felt sorry for the guy (probably the owner) sitting next to it (second and third pic).

the right rear wheel is twisted inwards and a frontal impact?!! :Shockked:

Is it the radiator that has fallen off from the front.
Additionally, I am still not able to understand what can make the rear wheel tilt downward.

I am guessing this can only happen if the car had skidded right-side or if the full weight of the car was on the right couple of wheels.

Whatever is the reason the end result is nothing short of tragic.

Yesterday was not a good day!!
1. A pup cam under my wheels, thankfully it survived.
2. A Swaraj Mazda truck and a tractor collided, leading to severe front damage to the truck, the tractor's front wheel was in perpendicular position to the road. Didn't see anyone around. The accident happened on saturday afternoon on the road from kadapa to renigunta.On sunday, the truck was gone but the tractor was still there.
3. Tyre punctured at high speeds, on way back to Hyderabad from Tirupati,between kadapa and gooty, thankfully nothing happened, but due to high speeds, tyre got cut. So lost a tyre.
4. As we reached hyderabad in night at 12:45a.m, just after airport, saw a horrific accident.A Indica taxi,went under a Truck on it's side. Truck was probably taking a turn as it was on the wrong side, as it's direction indicated.
The driver probably lost his lives. Saw a lady with two teenage daughter, one of whose cloth had blood on it. Didn't click pictures. The accident probably happened minutes before we arrived.
5. Moved on towards my home and on the PVNR Expressway, on the other side. saw 4cars lined up. Probably the third car in the row rear ended the 2nd car. The guys were exchanging blows on the expressway. Moved on and reached home.
What a day it had been after a wonderful darshan at Tirumala.

Bangalore folks,
Did anyone notice a mangled / burnt Swift (whie body, blue racing stripes) on the KOramangala 100ft road, close to BDA complex? Looked like the case of frenzy/drunk driving following India's fab victory in the finals.
Sorry, couldnt click a pic, but it was dangerously close to the middle of the road and had almost come creepy close to it, before noticing it. Looked very bad.

Spotted this on the night the India won the world cup.
Too much alcohol seems to be the cause.
Spotted at Sector - 35 roundabout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 2302719)
Spotted this on the night the India won the world cup.
Too much alcohol seems to be the cause.
Spotted at Sector - 35 roundabout.

All the joy ended in horror at last.
Please don't drink and drive

This is just CRAZY !! Why do people celebrate victory in such a stupid way ?! Keep drinking and then drive crazy causing accidents; all in the name of celebrations!

I suppose this is a major accident and the car has been pulled back to the side of the road. This is certainly not the moment of or the result of impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2302381)
Is it the radiator that has fallen off from the front.

I think that is the AC condenser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2302406)
Yesterday was not a good day!!
What a day it had been after a wonderful darshan at Tirumala.

OMG!! :eek: I would have fainted upon reaching my doorstep!

Did the pup survive with injuries or was it unscathed?

--Ragul

I think the rational with all drivers is that "It is never going to happen to me, the guy in the accident must have been foolish/unlucky/sleeping."
The self confidence increases immensely when drunk and leads the guy to believe that the car can fly when pushed hard :). Perhaps thats what the Swift driver tried, to jump over the roundabout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharika (Post 2302955)
I think the rational with all drivers is that "It is never going to happen to me, the guy in the accident must have been foolish/unlucky/sleeping."

Well said agree:. It is better to drive with the assumption that anything can happen to me, though I am driving carefully, anyone can hit me. This makes one extra cautious. I really love the signages put on National Highways, think these are desperately needed on city roads as well. One such signage on NH50 (Pune-Nasik Highway) reads, "Drink & Drive, You won't survive". How true is this by seeing all the accidents posted here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharika (Post 2302955)
The self confidence increases immensely when drunk and leads the guy to believe that the car can fly when pushed hard :). Perhaps thats what the Swift driver tried, to jump over the roundabout.

I would rather call it overconfidence, but yes the feeling that the car can fly in unavoidable if drunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by human_wheels (Post 2302277)

I'd spotted an accident at the same spot last year, and had reported it (late) here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2234935

I believe the cause for the Vento accident too, was overspeeding.

(Reposting 2 of the pics, just to confirm that it is (nearly?) the same spot.

So is this spot an "accident zone"? I think overspeeding + the bend in the curve causes such accidents.

And is the Vento deemed to be a total loss?

May be these people want to prove they are Schumachers or think they are driving a Bugatti Veyron...
If anybody has to try it out, please do so on a race track..

Quote:

So is this spot an "accident zone"? I think overspeeding + the bend in the curve causes such accidents.

And is the Vento deemed to be a total loss?
People trends to overspeed on this section a lot after they come out of the chalukya signal. People virtually race in this section. This got increased after they widened the section. Before they used to have speed guns here but now I don't see any..