Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-512.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2276106)
Y'day afternoon, there was an accident on Byappanahalli-NGEF fly-over. A cyclist was lying dead on the road, in a pool of blood. Looked like a head injury. Lot of crowd and traffic cops around. I didn't stop, since my family was with me and the scene was horrible.

do you mean the overbridge on the NGEF bypass?

Last thursday I was driving down the Barapullah Nalah elevted road towards the JLN stadium when an accident took place. An old santro (green, presumably a 99/2000 base model LE) had its rear tyre burst and swiveled out of control, though it did not topple. It was then an accent viva 1.6 petrol (forest dew-pista green shade) hit it from the front and the santro's front right side suffered a major damage. The santro's rear was also mangled and the viva suffered a major front damage. Didn't took the pics as two people wee with me. No one was injured as occupants were standing out unscathed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 2275521)
This happened late last evening in mangalore

The story -http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=96930

P.S. most of the roof was chopped off to rescue the passengers.

Any idea how 10 people were victims of this mishap (4 dead + 6 injured says the news link)? If all of them were traveling in the car, then they have played their part in the disaster by overloading good ol amby..

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2276173)
do you mean the overbridge on the NGEF bypass?

Yes. The new fly-over which connects NGEF road to OMR.

I saw this Truck tumbled in the middle of the Inner ring road, In Bangalore, while I was driving back home from work. It was past midnight when I saw this, I (and all other vehicles) had to turn back and take a U turn on the other (wrong) side of the road.

This truck was loaded with chicken, many of them died, driver and his helper were fine, sitting on the middle of the road. I am not sure if they were injured though.

This is the end result of underage driving!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya_911 (Post 2276838)
This is the end result of underage driving!!

Oh My God! Thats looks pretty scary, hope the occupants are alive atleast, if not unscathed.

The City seems to be some Govt vehicle. The number plate reads Dept of R...Cannot really make out clearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2276890)
The City seems to be some Govt vehicle. The number plate reads Dept of R...Cannot really make out clearly.

It says deptt of R.a.c.r.s which obviously is a Indian way of cheating the police men. I don't think there exists any such dept. and seeing from the impact to the port side, it seems the car has rolled over after hitting something on the port side.

Another case of pathetic death of 3 techies. Look at the car's condition.!

The Hindu : Front Page : Three killed as car rams median in Medavakkam

I don't even feel sorry for the jokers in the NHC. Don't know why.

anybody catch the skoda ripper on IFFCO chowk, in the slip road while getting off the expressway?
horrendous, to say the least.
Couldnt get any pictures, but the way people were crwding around, seemed to be fairly recent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajaTaurus (Post 2276958)

Looks like none bothered to wear seat belts! Looking at car, surely life would have saved if they did wear the belts! It would god if papers report saying people died in accidents driving without seat belts. At least it will raise awareness.

On the otherhand, I have hard time convincing people to wear the belt! They some how think that going within 5 km is not requires seat belts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajaTaurus (Post 2276958)

The Hindu : Front Page : Three killed as car rams median in Medavakkam

Seems like the first Figo casualty here. Again, overspeeding is said to be the cause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H (Post 2276009)
i study in srm kattankulathur. i'll try to retrieve some information and post it here as soon as possible.

Here is the link from THE HINDU on the accident:
The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Four students die in accident