Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-511.html)

I don't have any sympathy for people who, essentially, kill themselves (it's too late for sympathy anyway, and I actually have more sympathy for the drivers of other vehicles that are involved through no fault of their own), but I do feel for their families who have lost their loved ones.

Well found this on youtube this happened in Goa itself. Got to say the guys deserved this for tying out their stupid antics.

Goa accident

It takes a different kind of stupidity to manage something like this.

Frankly, the lack of helmets in Goa has always disconcerted me. I remember wearing whatever flimsy excuse for a helmet I got from the rental guy.
Does one really have an option? (Carrying your own helmet is kind of inconvenient)

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie4u (Post 2274901)
Well found this on youtube this happened in Goa itself. Got to say the guys deserved this for tying out their stupid antics.

Goa accident

rl: sorry, just couldn't help but laugh at the stupidity of the guys. This one is way up high on the 'Stupid things i've done on a bike' list.

I guess its a combination of Bike + Youth + Booze showing its effect here. What was that guy trying to do stand up on the bike on the wet road. :Shockked: I am sorry but it was kind of funny. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartik Krishnan (Post 2274959)
sorry, just couldn't help but laugh at the stupidity of the guys. This one is way up high on the 'Stupid things i've done on a bike' list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2274972)
I guess its a combination of Bike + Youth + Booze showing its effect here. What was that guy trying to do stand up on the bike on the wet road. I am sorry but it was kind of funny.

+1. couldn't stop laughing :uncontrol

no barricades (the thing on the side - not getting the word)- check
wet road - check
curvy road - check
nincompoops on bike - check
disaster waiting to happen - check

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2274998)
+1. couldn't stop laughing :uncontrol

:D

So i am not the only one who laughed at their stupidity. They are lucky to escape with some minor scratches. Idiots!

Though, have been there, done that (never drunk though). Used to drive my dad's Bajaj Super at top speed of 80kmph whenever road permitted, never mind the helmet and that the rear brakes which used to lock the rears almost instantly and fronts were weak. God! I am lucky to be living in 1 piece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakdsk (Post 2274104)
Here's the full story of it...

Laura was towed away by the time I came to the scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilisanil (Post 2274321)
Even I feel so, considering that Indica was travelling at 100+ speeds, looks like Laura took all the impact!!!

OP said the A pillar was damaged, could not gather any!!

I posted two accidents. One, a Manza thrashing a pole, or vice versa and Two, Vista and Laura.

The Manza's A pillar was deformed.

None have still answered my question. Even the Laura's wipers are midway!

This happened late last evening in mangalore

The story -http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=96930

Some pics that i took this morning-
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ambi1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ambi-2.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ambi3.jpg

P.S. most of the roof was chopped off to rescue the passengers.

This was bad. Read the article as well on the link. :Shockked: Big crowd assembled at the spot so i guess the lorry driver must have been lynched by the mob unless he made his escape.

In the second photo above what are all those wires or ropes?

Saw this in today's TOI. There is no pic put on the net but the one published in the newspaper is scary. The Santro is totalled. Interesting point to note is that while the report says its a Delhi registered car, the car in the picture I saw has a TN-22 registered plate.
Joyride smash kills 4 students - The Times of India

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2275529)

They are ropes, must be the extra ones which was kept in the truck should have been thrown my the mobs gathered over there during the time of collision/protest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2275529)
This was bad. Read the article as well on the link. :Shockked: Big crowd assembled at the spot so i guess the lorry driver must have been lynched by the mob unless he made his escape.

In the first pic? those are ropes from the truck! The truck was taken to the police station before the locals decided to start a camp fire out of it in the middle of the road!:D

As per local news sites, the truck driver was taken to the hospital but as per locals in that area, the driver ran away right after the accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 2275568)
Saw this in today's TOI. There is no pic put on the net but the one published in the newspaper is scary. The Santro is totalled. Interesting point to note is that while the report says its a Delhi registered car, the car in the picture I saw has a TN-22 registered plate.
Joyride smash kills 4 students - The Times of India

i study in srm kattankulathur. i'll try to retrieve some information and post it here as soon as possible.

Y'day afternoon, there was an accident on Byappanahalli-NGEF fly-over. A cyclist was lying dead on the road, in a pool of blood. Looked like a head injury. Lot of crowd and traffic cops around. I didn't stop, since my family was with me and the scene was horrible.