Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-498.html)

A peculiar thing about tractor drivers (the ones with trailer attached) is that, they think of themselves as driving the fastest thing on the road, despite knowing fully well that their machines have brakes only in the rear wheels - neither the front wheels nor the trailer has any sort of braking mechanism. And they don't care a hoot about the way a loaded trailer behaves when moving at a high speed and doing some risky maneuvers. Result, the accident above.

Ahh... a better explanation than mine was :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 2240569)
A peculiar thing about tractor drivers (the ones with trailer attached) is that, they think of themselves as driving the fastest thing on the road, despite knowing fully well that their machines have brakes only in the rear wheels - neither the front wheels nor the trailer has any sort of braking mechanism. And they don't care a hoot about the way a loaded trailer behaves when moving at a high speed and doing some risky maneuvers. Result, the accident above.

+1 .. Agree with that. There should be some regularization of these tractors (or they already exists? )

BTW, I couldn't understand your signature, mind elaborating? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reisender (Post 2240817)

Yes they exist, along with a million other rules for wheeled transportation in india.
Following the, is another story, else this thread wouldnt exist, eh?

Ps: I think silversteed's a code-junkie...right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2240830)

Has to be :) Who else would think of Oct 31 = Dec 25?

Quote:

+1 .. Agree with that. There should be some regularization of these tractors (or they already exists? )

Quote:

Yes they exist, along with a million other rules for wheeled transportation in india.
Following the, is another story, else this thread wouldnt exist, eh?

There are rules, and you find these tractor-trailer contraptions mostly in villages. In my hometown, a tractor-load is a cheaper option for carrying construction materials. And they have the advantage of greater mobility too. A tractor is one hell of an off-roader, while there are limitations for regular trucks.

Quote:

Open any calculator app, type in 25, and then change the mode to Oct (octal).

Quote:

Maybe a chip-junkie more than a code-junkie :D I don't know!

Few minutes back a school bus killed a 9th class student who was coming home by cycle. Incident took place near my home, the bus driver tried to escape but the bus was caught by some people in our colony. It happened at a turn so its not a rash driving case as bus driver won't drive fast on corners (it has still many children's inside to drop home).

Hi all,
This happened to me on 26th January, 2011. Ironically, I had asked in my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-upgrades.html how to improve braking for my bolero.In highways, where even lorries cruise at 80-90KMPH, India's largest selling SUV at sudden braking,drags for over 80 feet, crosses the divider and hits the opposite Bus and stops.The good part is, I walked away with a bruised body and an even more bruised egostupid:. Maybe I'm not man enough to handle the beast.
In one aspect, despite having a head-on collision with a bus, the shell was able to absorb the impact and protect me. Superior Mahindra R & D or God's miracle? Anyways, I'm happy to be alive and see my wife and kid again.

I guess it is high time they started teaching road sense to school children, and not just science and history! Small children do not understand how damaging a vehicle could be to them, if they go too close to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanjf (Post 2241342)
I guess it is high time they started teaching road sense to school children, and not just science and history! Small children do not understand how damaging a vehicle could be to them, if they go too close to it.

The reason why most kids are plain stupid and ignorant of traffic rules is that the parents themselves inculcate this culture in them.For instance, In smaller towns/cities, every 2nd parent teaches his/her child, as young as 9 years old, on an open road to ride a scooter or a bike, and encourage them to go to tuition, to get milk, to their friend's house etc. riding it. So, you can imagine the kinds of habitats most children inculcate from their parents.

And the biggest set back in India is, most schools concentrate on science science and more science, and have little or no interest in history, civics, economics etc., nor does the CBSE/state curriculum have even a pinch of traffic safety in the courses.
Sorry I went a bit :OT

A Spacio carrying rice that turned turtle on NH-7 last year.

I forgot to add the other pics. Here we go:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 2241369)
And the biggest set back in India is, most schools concentrate on science science and more science, and have little or no interest in history, civics, economics etc., nor does the CBSE/state curriculum have even a pinch of traffic safety in the courses.
Sorry I went a bit :OT

OT! No on the contrary that paragraph above is the most relevant text on this entire thread. I wish that like you there are more people out there who understand the impact that kindergartens can have on young minds in their formative years. Once the seeds of safety traffic rules & civic behaviour are sown at that early age, the fruits are there for all to see as the child grows up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 2239023)
Its not exactly an accident, but if this continues, there definitely will be a very serious one. YouTube - Limited Stop Bus Drifting - Irinjalakuda - Kerala Well, buses in this route were burnt 3 times by villagers as they ran over pedestrians.

That biker should be thanking his stars if he knew what could have happened if the bus had rolled over.

Good video though.

Hey!
I spotted this banged Ford Ikon in Juhu!
The repairing cost of it would chip in a new car for sure!

Here are the pictures!:Shockked: They are a bit hazy...

This one turned turtle :Shockked: on Road no.10 Jubilee Hills!