Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-481.html)

Wow. PPS how did that happen, and how did you get out of it

You seem to be almost in front of him. At that point were both vehicles stationery

How did that guy manage to come on the other lane

Good Lord!!.. It seems like a truck is the verdict. No parklights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 2184946)
Wow. PPS how did that happen, and how did you get out of it

You seem to be almost in front of him. At that point were both vehicles stationery

How did that guy manage to come on the other lane

When the pic was taken both cars were stationary. There was a gap in between those yellow barricades, thats how the driver came onto the other side. Both of us were in front of each other.

at 11:45pm, that is about 1hr 15mins ago, i saw a really bad accident in front of the cng station, mahipalpur, near ryan international school. a white colored santro zing (looked to be new as it still had the ribbon on the bonnet) and an auto/pickup! it seemed as if the santo went over the divider at a high speed as it couldnt manouer the curve. the passenger side was totally damaged. i hope the passengers of the santro are safe.

one more thing, the glasses of the santro were JET BLACK, even the front windshield :deadhorse, and that could have been a reason for the accident as the road wasn't very well lit either!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 2184923)
Ghazipur flyover, this morning.

Updates:

Truck collides with car: 2 students dead, 3 hurt

Quote:

A truck collided with a Maruti SX4 car on Thursday morning, killing two students on the spot and injuring three others. The incident occurred on the Ghazipur flyover near NH-24. The police said the truck driver, who has not been identified yet, fled with his vehicle.

The incident occurred around 3.45 am when the five youths, travelling in the car, reached the Murga Mandi flyover. The speeding truck rammed the vehicle from behind. The impact was such that the car pushed forward by 40 meters before it climbed onto a cycle track and hit a streetlight.
and 2 dead, 3 hurt in post-party crash - Hindustan Times.

Quote:

Two young students died and three others, including two women, were critically injured when their car was hit by an unidentified vehicle on the Ghazipur flyover in east Delhi early on Thursday morning. Police said all five were drunk and reportedly driving at a very high speed.

Police said the five were returning from a party in a Maruti SX4 when the accident took place. Liquor bottles were recovered from the car.
“A medical examination revealed that all five were drunk,” said IB Rani, DCP (east). Police said none of them was in a condition to give a statement as to how the accident took place.

“As none of the survivors are in a conscious state we don’t know what happened. It seems they were hit by a heavy vehicle from behind,” said the officer. After being hit, the car toppled over and crashed into the road divider.

Police said they were trying to ascertain the sequence of events and were looking for eyewitnesses.

The car looks like crumpled paper to be thrown into a bin! Bad! Bad! Bad! Poor souls, RIP!!

This is the reason, why I hate the super fast highways! I am more nervous on such roads than enjoying. I always prefer to take the countryside roads rather than these unpredictable highways (read: deathways)!

On the SX4 incident!

There is no way, a truck could hit them so hard! if they were driving! They might have stopped in the middle of the road! (because they were drunk!)

Or - Since this area usually has dense fog, they might have slowed but trucks never do! (they never! - they prefer hitting someone in fog than slowing)

Either-ways its not the road to blame!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantragna (Post 2185350)
This is the reason, why I hate the super fast highways! I am more nervous on such roads than enjoying. I always prefer to take the countryside roads rather than these unpredictable highways (read: deathways)!

I don't think its the roads. A mix of brew in an inappropriate proportion and roads always spells disaster. I am not sure who is at fault but the SX4 seems to be stationary for that impact to have happened. A running car would mean toppling etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK (Post 2185804)
Either-ways its not the road to blame!

agree:

Inexperienced drivers, reckless driving under influence intoxication, sudden driving distractions like unmarked deviatioms,big potholes, careless and bad pedestrians coupled with the roads pave way to such accidents. These days inexperienced drivers take to highways without proper guidance in fast cars all adds up to increased rate of road accidents.
High time a preventive meyhodology is formulated and applied upon.

SS, that was a nasty crash, from the newspapers pics I couldnt understand the car (came to know from the text). Your pictures make it clear.

Seems like a cop was put on duty to watch over the damaged car.

Omni-wala! Coimbatore. No one was hurt, the driver is being taken away on the left.

Hey guys.
I was returning from pune yesterday and i came across this huge accident that had happened on the mumbai expressway. I could not find out how many people were injured but i did click some pictures.
Here thay are;

^^This looks horrific.
looks like probably, the ANHC and Alto were moving along the trolley trailer when it skidded and toppled. ANHC has been crushed, while looks alto tried escaping by reducing the speed, but still couldn't escape it. ANHC took it totally on the side.
I am sure there would have been casualties. RIP.

I read about thirty people being killed in one accident.

What is it going to take to make India open its eyes and start doing something about things that really matter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 2187790)
I read about thirty people being killed in one accident.

What is it going to take to make India open its eyes and start doing something about things that really matter?

whatever it is, i don't think it's gonna happen in our life time! :Frustrati