Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-434.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2004571)
Doesn't look like a easy solution to me. Activities like Paying-out, exchanging doc's come only after the mob cools down and when the talks are on.
You need a lot more to pacify the mob:
  • Local language proficiency
  • Good physique
  • Cool (Presence of) mind
  • Boldness
  • etc. etc.

Yes. ch.nathan himself was involved in a bitter incident, and what he says is 1st hand and true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 2004578)
Unbelievable! Looking at the state of the vehicles one cannot imagine that the drivers escaped unhurt.. Good that there is no loss of life in such a major accident.

Yes, Indeed. Were the drivers wearing their seatbelts?

Both drivers ought to thank their lucky stars.
OT: I like how the windshield's been saved, and displayed right in front of all the mess.

One lucky day for the driver & bad day for the owner & customers.
PS - I think this post perfectly qualifies to be in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ndia-pics.html thread.

:Shockked: Some lucky guys, unbelievable. But how the wind shield survived is really a matter of mystery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotkar (Post 2003163)
this evening my brother's i10 was t-boned by a TVS star city bike on one of the cross roads of malleshwaram. The people there start accusing my brother for rash driving , he somehow managed to hold back the crowd till the backup i arranged arrived at the scene and spoke him out for a compromose. the bike fellow was not ready to come to the police station as his documents were not intact and demanded 5000 for his bike repairs, we finally paid him 1000 bucks and sent him . will have to claim insurance to repair our car. our right front fender is damaged, driver's door has a hole on it, i still dunno how it happened and rear door has a dent on it, guess that happened when the bike fella fell on the door . attaching a few pics, sorry for poor quality of snaps, dubba 5800 camera.

a clearer pic here . took it this morning after the car came home . there is a dent on the rear rim too. dunno how the biker managed to do so much damage .

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2003602)
the biker fell on your car and you had to pay him money! :Shockked: you should have dragged him to the police station or at least waited for the police to show up!

I agree. You shouldn't have paid. You should have challenged him in the Police station.

The airbags of this i20 Asta didn't open up on such a hard impact! What could have gone wrong? What's the point of having 6 airbags when they won't open up on impact! :Frustrati

^ What a terrible accident. Cant believe that the airbags did not function. How did the accident happen? Are the driver and passengers okay?

hye guys, there is an option to switch off the airbags? could that be the reason why the airbags arent deployed?

^^ Here is some info from the i20 Owners Manual

Besides what wildon has mentioned, do the airbags refuse to deploy if the occupants haven't worn their seatbelts?

Nice clarification wildon. Your post again prove that owner’s manual to be read carefully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 2004969)
^ What a terrible accident. Cant believe that the airbags did not function. How did the accident happen? Are the driver and passengers okay?

The driver was wearing a seatbelt so was co passenger. To save a cow from being hit on the road, he lost control and hit that tree. Minor injuries but both were saved by seat belts. Speed must be 30-40kph at the time of impact.

Attempt at converting a Type 4 NHC into a hatchback. :D

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-abcd0009.jpg