Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-428.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 1990173)
Damage to the U-VA - a crack in the right side of the bumper(reflector broken) and dislocation(increased panel gap) between right rear quaterpanel and the bumper

Glad that nothing serious happened.

Check out for internal damage like the spare wheel well area and the bumper rail.
Bumper plastic is flexible so they will absorb the impact and come back to their original shape..

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-51300562.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-51300563.jpg

Saw this turtled mahindra van on GST road, near Chengalpet Toll Gate

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1991390)
News video says that local people had complained that the median is dangerous. How can a median be dangerous?

Well i heard they said to the police about illegal parking and median crossing which they thought dangrous and only allowed the police to remove the vehicles after they obliged to close the median.

That Mahindra van is obviously a lot stronger than they look! I'd have expected an upside-down one to be crushed.

Please... turtle is not a verb!

Tata Nano at BP, Sec 21, Chandigarh

I read about this in the paper.
The Lady accidentally pressed accelerator instead of brake and went staright to "In & Out".

Paid 35k as compensation to the petrol pump owner.

Dang, this is funny.. yet not funny!

I have heard & seen a couple of videos, but these legends behind wheels scare me! I think she saw the hollywood action thriller (Salt) before she got behind the wheels.:D

Disclaimer: No offense there ladies, just a PJ. Hope nobody was hurt in the incident.

Saw a Tata Indica burning just after the TOI flyover on the western express highway going towards Andheri. Even though the car was on the side, there was a huge traffic jam bcos of folks parking all over the highway and looking at the car.
Couldnt click photos as I was on the other side and it was raining.

Speeding Bolero collided head on with truck, 8 occupants from bolero died, 4 injured(with 2 as serious). Truck driver also included in injured. Incident occurred at 3:00AM Today while pilgrims from Vijapur Karnataka were on their way to Shirdi. Bolero is seen in picture while truck also damaged.

from esakal.com
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4617824488821335180_mid.jpg

Came across this bolero last week. Apparently the driver in an inebriated state, tried to negotiate the turn at high speed and lost control.
No casualties though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 386334)
The bike is not parked, see the stand is not pulled down. If this happened while it was being driven I can't think of a way the rider could survive. Looks like made up stuff to me agree:. How would the bike get in to that position ?

Me thinks the guy jumped off the bike.....sensible.Its what was taught to me by my master.the television..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar (Post 1991803)
Tata Nano at BP, Sec 21, Chandigarh

Looks like a Nano crash test! :D

well,i'll also pitch in here.During my PG, i used to drive a Zen('97 LX).It was a sort of "adda" for our group, from eating, sleeping, smokes and what not.So here we were,in a dhaba in front of my college.the dhaba is at one side of a road, on the other side is where the students usually parked their vehicles.so my car is facing the wall on the other side.and parked about 2 cars parallel to it is an accent, with the driver and cook of the guy who commutes in that car.Its siesta time, we're sitting there grabbing bites between lectures.suddenly thi accent does a hard burn on the spot for about 2-3 seconds,literally leaps out of the spot,hangs a complete U, and rams into my zen's bum!!!my car does a fairly good impression of a wrecking ball, bangs into the 2 foot high barrier-sorts wall,demolishes it and goes through.on the other side, unfortunately, is a "nullah", but fortunately, there is a sturdy enough plant/semi-tree which kind of stops the car.rear 2 wheels on the surface, front two in the air, and nose against the tree!!!!all of 4-5 seconds, and its over!!!!literally,blink and you'd have missed it!!meantime, the accent is still attempting to pul a baazigar on my poor car,but since its become a useless force against an immovable tree, its just sitting there, burning rubber, till the time a few of my mates got to the car and switched it off!!!Final damage, boot and bonnet changed, chassis had to straightened(car was under tension for 4 days!!)25k,in 05, for a student!!!!thankfully, the accent guy was thankful we didnt make a police case, and paid up.....Anatomy of disaster:the cook guy was in the drivers seat, the driver was having a power nap in the passenger seat.car was in 1st gear,steering completely turned till lock on the left,the accelerator was being used as footrest,and the cook wanted to listen to the radio,so he just twisted the keys..........or so i have surmised.but man is that story still being told around college!!one of my marketing profs even made it an anecdote as to how indian firms should dispose old cars!!But just imagine, being withing 10 feet of an accident involving your car,but no involvement from you own self!!kind of an out of body experience.

^^ That is one hell of a story man! I'm sure you have captured it digitally. What was the look on the face of the cook like ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1992780)
^^ That is one hell of a story man! I'm sure you have captured it digitally. What was the look on the face of the cook like ?

sorry for your loss mate, but yeah, i would like to see the mess that cook created! :D