Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-398.html)

On my way back from Coimbatore yesterday, spot a badly mangled car in the first toll booth in vaniyambadi (looks like red colored swift) hit on both rear and front side like a crumpled piece of paper. I still wonder what's the make of the car. Anybody spot this yesterday in Vaniyambadi toll plaza? Any info about this accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssengo (Post 1913572)
On my way back from Coimbatore yesterday, spot a badly mangled car in the first toll booth in vaniyambadi (looks like red colored swift) hit on both rear and front side like a crumpled piece of paper. I still wonder what's the make of the car. Anybody spot this yesterday in Vaniyambadi toll plaza? Any info about this accident?

I spotted it sometime back when the car was stuck between the toll booths
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1905192-post50.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1908812)
That has to be two of the most annoying guys I have ever sat and watched for twenty minutes... but it also totally shatters an illusion that I, and just about everyone else I know, has taken for granted all their lives. Well worth it. Thanks for the link.

Hehe i know, but that video was real eye opener for me. I also used to think that two cars colliding at 60kmph will result in damage as 120kmph but it doesn't work that way. By i think it will be different case if one of them is much more heavier than the other like between a truck and a car.

It hurts to see a nice misty violet Civic being reduced to mangled mass of metal. Lucky for the driver and passenger to have escaped unhurt though.

Noticed few mangled cars in Prerana Motors Yard in peenya.

The indicab and the green indica crash left the drivers dead i heard.

The Manza and the Nano were no registered yet, manza has taken a bad beating. I wonder if they would fix it and sell it to someone? I checked with the body shop supervisor who obviously turned out to be reluctant in sharing any info about how and when the crash happened.

Seen this Civic parked outside Gamdevi police station:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 1913618)
Hehe i know, but that video was real eye opener for me. I also used to think that two cars colliding at 60kmph will result in damage as 120kmph but it doesn't work that way. By i think it will be different case if one of them is much more heavier than the other like between a truck and a car.

Ok I have some knowledge in physics so let me try to clear this one. Feel free to correct me if you think any of what follows is wrong. Mythbusters have already talked about car vs wall and car vs car. So we won't go into that. We'll only talk about car vs car.

First, one common misconception must be dispelled. The speeds of the individual vehicles do not matter. What matters is the approach speed. In oher words if two cars are travelling towards each other, one at 30 kph and the other at 50 kph, it will be no different from the case where they're both travelling towards each other at 40 kph each. Or if one is travelling at 10kph and the other at 70. Irrespective of the weight or size or shape, it is only the closing speed which matters.

Now that that complication is out of the way, what happens if a heavy car hits a light car? Both cars will feel the same force. Newton's third law at work again. But normally, the heavy vehicle is structurally stronger. And hence it appears to sustain less damage. But make no mistake, both experience the exact same forces for the exact same period of time.

So if we varied the mythbusters experiment and took the same two identical Daewoos. Let's say we loaded up the boot of one with lead blocks to make it heavy. The front ends of the cars are still the same and will therefore crumple in the exact same way and to the exact same extent. Of course, in the real world, there are small asymmetries. The two cars may not be exactly identical despite Daewoo's best efforts. They may collide off centre which would cause damage to different sections of the cars. But these factors will be small. Generally, you will see a very symmetric destruction of both cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 1914254)
Seen this Civic parked outside Gamdevi police station:

Is this the same Civic posted on the previous page ? Seems like it. Someone with a better eye can confirm. The damage is enormous and the fact that people escaped with their lives is even more shocking, pleasantly of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1914372)
Is this the same Civic posted on the previous page ? Seems like it. Someone with a better eye can confirm. The damage is enormous and the fact that people escaped with their lives is even more shocking, pleasantly of course.

yeah, that's the same civic that was posted earlier with the wall that fell on it. real sad. like they say "iska to bad luck hi kharab hai".

i would be heart broken if that were my car :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasher26 (Post 1913439)
My friends civic in Mumbai. e

Horrible, just horrible..
Was the driver injured?
Saddening to see the Manza and the Green Xeta damaged so badly.

A Black Range Rover was totalled in mangalore last evening. it Supposedly rammed the piller of the Kulur return bridge at high speed. The guy driving broke some bones and all the passengers(girls) are more or less fine.
Pics tomorrow IF possible!

As per my colleague who returned from Kerala today, A swift (color not sure) with a "Live to Drive" sticker had collided with a mini truck and the mini truck (auto?) had toppled.
This was somewhere between Trishur & Palakkad.

Hope the BHPian is safe!

As promised, here are the pics from the police station yard.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-5.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-6.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-7.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-8.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-9.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rr-b.jpg

EDIT: The pic where ive tagged the ecu isnt really the ecu. I just had a closer look!

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 1914505)
A Black Range Rover was totalled in mangalore last evening. it Supposedly rammed the piller of the Kulur return bridge at high speed. The guy driving broke some bones and all the passengers(girls) are more or less fine.
Pics tomorrow IF possible!

Ohh that range rover is badly mangled.
good to know that occupants are safe.
it must have been at a really high speed to have been damaged so much

Oh my god.... sad too see range is such condition. Real sad!

Damn. The RR took the hit very badly indeed. Its crumpled scrap.
EDIT: Does TRT mean its still on temporary plates?