Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-394.html)

Eeco & Alto

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-260520101026.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-260520101024.jpg

Looks like the Eeco rolled over a couple of times.

Guys,

While returning back to Pune from Mumbai on Monday (24th), there was an accident on Ghodbandar road in which somebody died. I saw the dead body covered under a white cloth. May his soul RIP. Anybody with any details on this?

EEco looks ghastly!!
Any details about the casualities?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 1788477)
My bro-in-law, who works for Samsung was driving to Jalandhar in his Esteem with 3 colleagues, to attend the wedding of another colleage. At Shahbad, near Ambala, a Haryana roadways bus jumped the divider and collided with his car. The guy on the passenger seat and the one just behind him perished on the spot. While b-i-l and the one behind driver seat had a few fractures. They were operated upon yesternight in Apollo hospital and are now alright.

The car is at Shahbad police station; anybody knows the process to get the car released in such cases. Incidentally the original papers were also in the car and were stolen by locals along with his laptop, iPod and mobile. So will we be able to get the car released with original papers?

We will be trying for total loss. But even if the insurance company doesn't agree for it, we'll dispose it off. Driving a car, which witnessed 2 friends' death won't easy.

Here is a link from a local paper - Ravindra from Gurgaon is my b-i-l -

Jagran - Yahoo! India - News

Nitin

Here are a few pics of the car. B-i-L is surely lucky to be alive.

Here are some more pics, clicked at the accident site. It is tough to imagine, how the driver survived. That too with only a dislocated wrist. He is surely one of the luckiest men around.

@ntomer -- sorry to hear about it. Your BIL is very lucky to be alive. The Esteem has crumpled like a paper. In the highsight I am sure that any other sedan would have done much better.

That is completely ghastly. A casual visual examination would lead to anyone concluding that the driver would not be able to survive in any such incident. Your BIL is a truly lucky man - he's got 9 lives!! I hope he's donated enough parshad at his temple!

@E_T - Bhai that has essentially been a head on collision so the impact speed felt by the car would be in excess of 120-140 kph. Plus being a low slung car - it seems to have been gone under/compressed due to strong vertical forces!

That esteem sure looks aghast! Tough to imagine anyone can survive. So did you get anything from thr driver of the rig as to why he tried stunts and all ? And how is law taking its course ?

Saw a black Laura near the Lanson toyota junction on Poonamalee high road. It's back side was crushed almost till the B pillar. It was parked on the side and there was a huge crowd and cops crawling all over it. But I could not see any other vehicle like a lorry which could have done the damage. The median was broken as well. My theory is that the Laura stopped suddenly and tried to squeeze into a small gap in the median to take a right, got massively rear ended by a truck and the truck ran away. I was stunned by the extent of damage as the Laura is one of the most solid cars I have ever sat in. I don't think anyone in the back seat could have survived. Could not take any pics as the cops were shooing away people who were slowing down to take a look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1908443)
That esteem sure looks aghast! Tough to imagine anyone can survive. So did you get anything from thr driver of the rig as to why he tried stunts and all ? And how is law taking its course ?

Buddy, read the original message. He wasn't doing any stunts - it was an unfortunate accident. A Haryana SRTC bus plying in the other direction had a flat, jumped the divider and rammed into him. Hardly a fault of his.

Nitin

@Ntomer,your B-I-L had supernatural blessings that he survived.
may the 2 Souls RIP.
When did this happen?
I think i saw this esteem lying on NH1 sometime back near shahbad.
Just saw on newspaper link that it happened in march,so it was indeed the same car,that i had noticed.

@ntomer,

I remember your original post & trust your B.I.L. is hale and hearty now.

Where was he sitting in the car, I thought he was driving it himself.

ntomer! Thats one horrific crash. your BIL is really lucky. Anyways, is the HR roadways bus the blue one with Deluxe coach written on it?
I hope the driver of that bus is in custody! These guys drive very recklessly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1908384)
@E_T - Bhai that has essentially been a head on collision so the impact speed felt by the car would be in excess of 120-140 kph. Plus being a low slung car - it seems to have been gone under/compressed due to strong vertical forces!

I dont think the relative speed of the impact is 120-140 kmph looking at the damage on the Esteem. In anycase an unfortunate accident and lives lost for no fault of theirs.