Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-386.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1885412)
Nope. It just went straight under a truck and the A pillar got demolished. Think those extended length vehicle carrier trucks (motorcycle and not car)

Falling on its roof does not bend the A pillar into a L shape.

+1

normal trucks have their rear wheels closer to the tailgate. this kind of damage can be caused only by those bike carriers or those trucks with their chassis extended.

It can't imagine the fate of the driver and front passenger.
The waves seem to have shaken the car so much that even the tailgate is all shaken up.
Scares me, a person who uses an Indigo regularly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 1886622)
Scares me, a person who uses an Indigo regularly.

Do you think other cars would have held better? If so, then you need to think again because Indigo has a solid build. Better than other same class cars.

Hi Everyone,

This happend almost two weeks ago.

I was driving along the HSR road, towards the silk board junction, around 1730hrs.

I saw something lying on the road; Should be some abandoned clothes or so i thought, until I reached close enough... It was someone lying on the road, after bening hit and was bleeding badly from the back of the head.

As I approached, I slowed and stopped becuase the on-lookers were grabbing him and kept him by the side of the road.

I then saw the driver who had knocked him down, discussing with the police. He was driving a Ford Fiesta.

In all probability, the pedestrian was drunk or mentally unstable, simply walked on the road and the motorist could have hit him in the small nick of time when his attention was not on the road.

regards,

Nitin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 1886990)
Do you think other cars would have held better? If so, then you need to think again because Indigo has a solid build. Better than other same class cars.

The Indigo is one of my favourite cars, I was not refering to the build quality.
The impact would have been greater if it was a Maruti 800, another car I'm familiar with.
Looking at a car, similar to one's own, all banged up will obviously send shivers down one's spine.

Tata cars' sheet metal and chassis fabrication is better than most cars. There is something like fate. It can happen on any vehicle.

One can always find any number of mangled cars of all makes. It is responsible driving - including sleep the previous day - that would make a safe journey.

Go with speed but within limits. I opine FIAT cars are the best bet in case of an accident - the rock solid build - will always save you.

In my various travels, I have almost always caught up with the faster moving cars at one point or the other.

Drive fast....but safely. It is your life.

Dear Moderators!
IMO this thread definitely deserves a Five Star rating. This is a Eye opener to all 'Who Drives' and an Awareness for 'Safety on Road'

Thanks

Sunday morning near Pune Airport.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00003201005160641.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00004201005160641.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00005201005160641.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00006201005160641.jpg

What a shocking accident!
Looks like the SX4 crashed into the pole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparth (Post 1889196)
What a shocking accident!
Looks like the SX4 crashed into the pole.

Not only the pole. Look at the left fender. It has extensive damage as well.

Driving at a high speed, the driver should have just winked. A horrible accident! guess how it could have happened!

The car should have hit the pole which is on the other side.

i don't think the SX4 crashed into the pole. the pole seems to be doing just fine. most probably the SX4 was side swiped and hit a divider or another vehicle. later it was moved to the side.

Looks like it rolled a couple of times and the pole stopped it.

^^+1to that. I think the SX4 finally landed on the lamp-post in a dog-pee position, after losing control and hitting things in its way.