Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-329.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1753074)
Saw on some news channel that elephant crushed atleast 18 vehicles.

Yes. Apparently there were some 13 elephants, 15 camels and 42 horses at the wedding between the children of two BSP MLAs, where a number of ministers of the UP cabinet were also present. The elephants went berserk on hearing the siren/hooter of the IG's official car. Over 60 vehicles were damaged.

Check out the Hindi news report: Jagran - Yahoo! India - News.

^^^The owner and whoever else responsible for causing so much trauma to the poor elephant & causing so much consequent damage, should be flogged... :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1753306)
^^^The owner and whoever else responsible for causing so much trauma to the poor elephant & causing so much consequent damage, should be flogged... :mad:

+1 to above comment.

Mistreating animals and over-abusing them will lead to such issues, our society still doesn't learn from such incidents. I hope authorities (mob people) have not shot or injured the animal (my Hindi reading skills are weak, regarding the article link in previous posts).

In other countries if such an animal poses a threat to life and property, they are put to sleep. I hope they do not do that here. But on the other hand what happens to people who lose life and property (cars) due to no fault of thiers. If the animal is shot, the owner must be shot too.

EDIT: Sorry for the last sentence, it was an emotional burst than anything.

Hmm, I don't know. The animal being put to sleep because of illtreatment by the owners and the insensitive people around - no way. I feel sad for the average folks whose cars got flattened by the elephant.

Weren't the mahouts around to control things ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1753406)

Weren't the mahouts around to control things ?

Often they are the first to be crushed or first ones to run away as they know what they can unleash.

That santro looks horrible, sad to see that lives are ended this way. May their souls R.I.P

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRRaj (Post 1753070)
That Mangled mess of a Santro and the damage on the truck just show how fast the guy was driving the Santro. Dumb. Fixes a Bull Bar on a Santro, but doesnt have common sense. :Frustrati

I have noticed people adding bull bars to their small cars and safely assume it can save them from a head on collusion even with a war tank. A bull bar after all is fixed to the clamps below the engine and is only as good as the front impact beams can get...

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1753401)
If the animal is shot, the owner must be shot too.

EDIT: Sorry for the last sentence, it was an emotional burst than anything.

shot with tranquilizer dart - both of them

The biggest buggers of all, who should be tranquilized are those "BAHUBALI" politicos who brought those elephants( atleast 12 of them) and when the beast went berserk, they let them loose on the highway, so wedding proceedings can go smooth..

What happened to that Swift. Its damaged on three sides out of four.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1753074)
Saw on some news channel that elephant crushed atleast 18 vehicles. Among them were(according to the video shown) 2-3 Indica/Indigo cs,Endeavour,couple of Amby's,santro,800 and some cv's swaraj mazda and few more...

I dont know why people in my country are so much into the practical jokes.
They must have thought in a way like lets play a practical joke.
*what we will do is we will get heaps amount of camels,horses and elephants.
*Put them in a place altogether.
*On top of that we will call around gathering of 1000 people.
*Then we will let cars come in and out honking sirens.
*AND THEN,And then lets see what happens!!
For sure would be fun.
On the other hand please let animals in their natural habitat.just to make a wedding a mughal theme lavish affair dont make animals bizzarre for god sake.

^^Seems he had a roll after going out of control.

Yesterday (Thursday Feb 26th) I saw an accident between a Bus & a Bike, could not stop to find details or pics due to too much of traffic. This is near Chankyapuri flyover on ring road while coming from Hyatt hotel. Any one has an idea? Was the biker/s safe? This is arouind 5 pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by preetam_KORG (Post 1753055)
Saw this mangled Swift at the madiwala police station, bangalore on 24th Feb 2010. Was in a sad state.

This is what i refered to in the below post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1747621

The vehicle has been towed to this place from the place of accident.