Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-322.html)

Guess he got fed up of searching for a U turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 1734333)
Taking Karnataka into consideration, Seat belts are not mandatory in any parts of KA, i know it is mandatory in Delhi and Mumbai, This is what i'm trying to tell, Helmet rule was enforced a few years back and every rider on the road HAS to wear a helmet or else he would be flagged down,
again, each and every one of us would wear seatbelts if it was made compulsory and with fine ,us indians are not taught road manners at school nor in the so called driving schools, we blame the auto drivers and local bus driver for not keeping in lane or not stopping for a red light, they are'nt as fortunate as us to travel to developed countries and adapt to their style of driving or log on to tbhp like us, many dont even know what lanes are for, we just think road is the place to travel and we never bother to learn completely about it, my point is, Most of the people know that it is not right to stop beyond the stop line at a red signal but people even cross the zebra cross and stand beyond it, People would definitely learn to stop before the stop line if our govt. Impose heavy fines for an offense.
if our govt. makes the rule more strict and impose heavy fines, each and every person would learn about the rules and adhere to even if it is an uneducated lorry driver.

Law enforcement has been a problem in India. Many would prefer to bribe enforcement agencies to work their way out rather than follow the rules.

Ignorance is another factor.

So, till such time when the situation improves, we would have to endure these maniacs on the road. And wear seat belts. And buy cars which have airbags.

And spread awareness around. This thread is doing wonders in that regard, IMHO. I showed the Verna/Lancer images to my wife, and she now makes it a point to wear seat belts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 1734333)
Impose heavy fines for an offense.
if our govt. makes the rule more strict and impose heavy fines

Paying, in money, to get away sounds way straight forward. 'dont think heavy fines or stricter rules would help at all. Imposing existing rules, to start with, & community service for punishment would do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishasrani (Post 1734398)

Now that is a superb example of axle articulation.i bet the serious offroaders would agree. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1734517)
Now that is a superb example of axle articulation.i bet the serious offroaders would agree. :P

or call it axle disarticulation ... lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1734406)
And spread awareness around. This thread is doing wonders in that regard, IMHO. I showed the Verna/Lancer images to my wife, and she now makes it a point to wear seat belts.

I've conditioned my daughter that now she feels uncomfortable unless she wears a selt belt. She has been belted in since birth other than when not feeling well.

7th January 2010 I crashed my car..(though it wasnt my fault)

Bonet, Head Light (Left Side), Fog lights, both side fenders, Bumper, Windscreen, Head light assembly, a/c condensor, radiator, coolant store box, front grille, horn total loss....

and on the top (cherry on the cake) insurance was expired 3 days back..

Note from mod - please directly upload photos . We do not permit uploading from public hosts. Please add your pic in another post and we will merge

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishasrani (Post 1734398)

:uncontrol This is bloody hillarious (text)! Is this NICE by any chance ? Looks like the driver dozzed off at the wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1735151)
:uncontrol This is bloody hillarious (text)! Is this NICE by any chance ?

Yes prince, This is NICE road

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1735133)

Bonet, Head Light (Left Side), Fog lights, both side fenders, Bumper, Windscreen, Head light assembly, a/c condensor, radiator, coolant store box, front grille, horn total loss....

Note from mod - please directly upload photos . We do not permit uploading from public hosts. Please add your pic in another post and we will merge

Nick, You can now use this forum itself for uplodaing the pic. I have uploaded on your behalf. Just see the first page of the forum on "how to upload the images" section.

Quote:

:eek: That cant be a very good cake to bite. I see ~1L in expenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1735152)
Yes prince, This is NICE road

Nick, You can now use this forum itself for uplodaing the pic. I have uploaded on your behalf. Just see the first page of the forum on "how to upload the images" section.

Thanks bro..actually i got a link to upload the url..

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 1735165)
:eek: That cant be a very good cake to bite. I see ~1L in expenses.

35k bro, got bonet and bumper from mayapuri for Rs. 1500 and Rs. 350 resp. and others stuff from OEMs, Actually a friend is working with ACMA(Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India) so he helped me getting all the stuff at very controlled cost..:)

you still claim because you have grace period to renew and if any thing happens in that grace period you can still claim for insurance.eg if you insurance expires on 15- feb -2010 then you might have grace period of 2- 3 weeks.so please check with the agent.
If that grace period is over then I am sorry and feel pity for you :(

@ sudan: I checked with the insurance guy bro..
2-3 days were after the grace time..however, I would only have saved 10k, even if the insurance was claimed..

Quote:

Looks real bad. What happened? I hope no injuries to anyone

@ kr raj: my chin hit the windscreen, luckily, i just got a scratch like I use to get while shaving...Nothing else (thankfully)..