Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-306.html)

Drunk & Drive is the worst:deadhorse... They should have real strict laws against this please: ...

Two lives were lost, 2 cars were damaged and one young person now has a grim future.

There is a drunk driver involved, but there is also a Taxi taking U-Turn involved. I have no basis on the case, but if this turns out to be the reason for the accident, I would not be surprised.

The Taxis on Mumbai streets are a menace, they rarely have their indicators working, cut-lanes like crazy w/o signals and are generally very slow due to their outdated existence. A disaster waiting to happen especially during the night when the traffic is light and there is a natural urgency to reach your destination faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archish (Post 1707497)
Drunk & Drive is the worst... They should have real strict laws against this ...

Sorry for the un-parliamentary words...but my blood was in boiling temp while reading this. That ugly drunker should be flogged and hanged in public. There is no need for the stupid court and peanut brain judges/lawyers.
In india, we don't understand the seriousness of DUI

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpbhatt (Post 1706938)
the driver is true to the caption on the truck -0- a Vegetable lol:

You called the (truck) driver a Vegetable even without knowing what happened! Amazing!

What if this is the after effect of a DRUNK IDIOTIC MORON in his souped up car speeding on those hilly roads?

-- Torqy

Spotted this one on New years eve

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ny.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ny2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohandas (Post 1708104)
Sorry for the un-parliamentary words...but my blood was in boiling temp while reading this. That ugly drunker should be flogged and hanged in public. There is no need for the stupid court and peanut brain judges/lawyers.
In india, we don't understand the seriousness of DUI

in India, we don't understand anything. we think we're above the law. we think breaking the law don't hurt nobody. just go out and have a look. dada-giri, corruption, lawlessness - its everywhere.

at least what i've seen in Bangalore is that the cops don't catch you to punish you for breaking the law. they just use it as a means to make money for themselves.

the traffic problem in Bangalore i'll solely attribute it to the traffic police. people have gotten so used to paying money and getting away with it that now people think it is their right to do whatever they feel like doing, even if it includes somebody else paying the price for it.

just downright sad.

The Verna seems to have taken it better than the WagonR. Since this was witnessed first hand, can you comment whether this happened at a junction or a two lane (divider-less) highway?

Another case of a drunk girl involving herself in an accident. check out this article.
Airhostess crashes car, battles for life - Kolkata - City - The Times of India
The airhostess rammed the car into a signal post. She is in critical condition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 1710017)
Another case of a drunk girl involving herself in an accident. check out this article.
Airhostess crashes car, battles for life - Kolkata - City - The Times of India
The airhostess rammed the car into a signal post. She is in critical condition

Article says that there were 2 youths also in the car but in the back seat , so does it mean that she was the only one sitting in the front..sounds very strange. Hope she makes it for her marriage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1706925)
The Holy Grail in Indian motoring: Always expect the unexpected. This will cut reaction times and accidents drastically.

agree:

Yes! You said it. Following this simple guideline will make your drive far less accident prone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 1710032)
Article says that there were 2 youths also in the car but in the back seat , so does it mean that she was the only one sitting in the front..sounds very strange. Hope she makes it for her marriage.

Even if she does, the case would be in the media hype then, and probably she would be under trial. Anyway, as long as there is no fear of punishment and you can pay off the cops, all offenses would continue to remain "chalta hai" stuff.

This one month old wagon R belongs to a lady doctor.

She told me it was banged up by her husband when he rammed a demo scorpio, which he was test driving to replace his 2003 old scorpio with a new one.

Only the bull bar of the demo scorpio sustained damages with a broken front headlight, not else. And look at the wagon R here. This incident occured in my locality as the doctor had called for the scorpio test drive at his home itself yesterday.

I'm curious but what happens if you crash a car when its being TDed? Do the dealers have insurance for it or are you expected to pay for it or is a combination?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 1708530)
in India, we don't understand anything. we think we're above the law. we think breaking the law don't hurt nobody. just go out and have a look. dada-giri, corruption, lawlessness - its everywhere.

at least what i've seen in Bangalore is that the cops don't catch you to punish you for breaking the law. they just use it as a means to make money for themselves.

the traffic problem in Bangalore i'll solely attribute it to the traffic police. people have gotten so used to paying money and getting away with it that now people think it is their right to do whatever they feel like doing, even if it includes somebody else paying the price for it.

just downright sad.

I completely agree with this statement. Bangalore Police are probably the most corrupt in India and will do anything for a few hundred rupees.
A few weeks ago i was traveling along with one of friends who had driven from Chennai. His vehicle was a TN registration and as we were on our way to Whitefield, the cops near KR Puram flyover pull us over and start asking for documents. Then they ask for Emission. He has the TN emission, but they insisted on a KA emission. I mean, he was in Bangalore for just 2 days. Do we need KA emission for a TN vehicle for a 2 day trip? End result was a Rs100 spot fine, with no challan whatsoever! I mean, this is really sad. I am glad they have blackberries now, so that will limit the amount of corruption. But on drunken driving, i think its pointless making things strict. People will never realize the danger they put themselves and others into. Going to extremes is not right. People have the right to drink, but not getting behind the wheel after drinking. Its high time they introduce road safety as part of high school curriculum. That's the only way to curb it i guess. Those charged with drunken driving, should be forced to serve 1 month of social service such as cleaning streets or giving seminars at schools/colleges. They should be made to feel embarrassed for what they have done.

@McLaren Rulez,

To my understanding, i dont think we will have to pay for it as whenever i do the test drive i would ask the Guy, how much rash i can drive?( as a word of precautions) cos i would love to test the car on the potholes and speedbreakers. He would say no issues this is a test drive car... ( hope he would have thought that there wont be a pothole that is much deeper than the wheel size and base:P)