Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2024, 12:47   #41131
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Absolutely avoidable.

As many have written,there is no regards whatsoever for road markings by drivers in India & KSRTC drivers in particular.

Strict punishment of licence cancellation, steep hike in re application for licence & still difficult,strict process of licence issuing may be answer to curbing the tendency.

Though corruption is biggest obstacle in implementing it successfully.

However IMO India proudly says,we are leaders in use of digital financial transactions.

Why similar digital revolution cannot be used for enforcing discipline in drivers automatically as far as license revoking &re issuing matters using cameras,all India vehicle database like they do in issuing online tickets for braking traffic rules.

Fear of driving wrongly and its consequences is not there at all in India.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th September 2024 at 12:40. Reason: Spacing for readability
Vijay T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 10:47   #41132

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I don't understand this accident.

So many things are wrong here. How can this happen?
Absolutely right - so many things wrong here - however it seems to be the normal thing at this place as you can see almost everybody is walking on the road casually.

It is evident that the bus driver did not spot the lady - the fully covered black/dark clothing could have also contributed in the dark conditions.

The bus driver would have been occupied by watching out for possible hazards from all directions and missed to notice this lady, could have been blinded by oncoming high beams too.

Of course the bus driver cannot do a 360 degree scanning which seems to be required at this intersection (at least from the CCTV angle) and the casual attitude of the pedestrians.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th September 2024 at 12:40. Reason: Spacing for readability
Prado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 12:28   #41133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prado View Post
The road has double solid lines meaning no lane changes!! But who is aware and even if aware, who cares?
KSRTC is above all.They are Mafia
Old 16th September 2024, 12:30   #41134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prado View Post
The bus driver would have been occupied by watching out for possible hazards from all directions and missed to notice this lady, could have been blinded by oncoming high beams too. Of course the bus driver cannot do a 360 degree scanning which seems to be required at this intersection (at least from the CCTV angle) and the casual attitude of the pedestrians.
Add to that, illogical diversions during construction of flyover, metro etc and traffic route diversions by local police/administration.

Last week, I was driving in a city called Namakkal in TN and the traffic diversions within city are crazy. Top of that, bikers use any lane, come from any direction. Pedestrians jump from signal, barricades. This is both a design and attitude problem.
krrisdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 14:42   #41135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
KSRTC is above all.They are Mafia
Buses in Kerala, Private/ Government, give scant regard to safe driving. One of my dashcam footages from last year

JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 15:47   #41136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centodieci View Post
...Thankfully, due to fantastic build quality of Brezza and oodles of good luck, the whole family escaped unhurt other than few minor scratches.
Wait what? 200% luck Centodieci... please dont give credit to such below examples and raise hope.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-brezza.jpg

Quote:
1. The airbags of Vitara did not open up in accident although the occupants were buckled up. I understand that vehicle was hit from left but shouldn't the airbags be deployed when vehicle fell in ditch? We have mailed Maruti regarding this but no reply received till now.
Most probably the front impact crash sensor is placed below the vacuum booster or to avoid water damage it may be moved below the gear shifter inside the console.

Send a followup email to Maruti and ask the above query, I am really curious to see their response.

If this cannot open the airbag then I would vote for Option-B - below the gear shifter!

Last edited by svsantosh : 16th September 2024 at 15:58.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:46   #41137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Most probably the front impact crash sensor is placed below the vacuum booster or to avoid water damage it may be moved below the gear shifter inside the console.

Send a followup email to Maruti and ask the above query, I am really curious to see their response.

If this cannot open the airbag then I would vote for Option-B - below the gear shifter!
Could it be that the frontal impact was secondary, will that be the reason for the non deployment of the airbags.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks