Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2024, 13:03   #40771
ais
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
A very unfortunate and bad event happened today. Drive responsibly. An accident like this can destroy an entire family.
Sorry for your loss.

This obviously has to do with a lack of driver training and discipline especially for truck and bus drivers, and roads construction without application of mind or science.

For trained drivers, presence of mind and alertness come in handy-

I was driving from Mumbai to Chandigarh via Udaipur in Feb 2019, in a car newly purchased in Mumbai to be kept at Panchkula.

Somewhere on the newly 4 laned road near Rajsamand, I was going on an uphill right-sweeping curve. I saw a trailer truck coming from the front (so downhill and left curve for it). In a second, I realized the trailer would not be able to handle the curve at the speed it was at. I stepped on the throttle, car went into kickdown mode and shot forward. Sure enough, in my rear view mirror, I saw the trailer turning over and crashing onto my side. Had I not sped up, it would have toppled over me.

I did one more drive after that from Mumbai to Chandigarh and back in June last year, but was so disgusted with the traffic and highway state, that I've quit long distance drives.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2024 at 06:21. Reason: Typo
ais is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 22:37   #40772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
I witnessed an accident scenario that unfolded right in front of me and managed to capture the incident on my car's dashcam.
Could you get the registration number of the i20 ? That driver must be flagged.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 22:37   #40773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
To add,

2. Also, not to be parallel to a truck, I have firsthand seen a tyre blast of a truck on highway from close distance and the amount of energy and noise during the blast is enough to make any two-wheeler next to the truck to lose control! So either be behind the truck/bus at safe distance or swiftly complete the overtake and pull a few truck lengths ahead of the truck.
Had a truck in front of me blast one of its tyres in the thoppur ghat section. The burst could be almost physically felt inside the car that my family who was sleeping woke up thinking that we crashed. Heartbeat went way over the speed limit.
harikrishnansp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 13:01   #40774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Bikers rear ended by a carless Seltos driver, clearly the driver of the Seltos was not paying any attention to the road.
https://x.com/Prateek34381357/status...00256717647901
What kind of helmets are those? They look like one of those helmets used by bike taxi riders just not avoid not getting fined by the police and does nothing to actually protect the riders.

The rider's helmet in the video flew off instantly. Was it not fastened? I see this behaviour among most two wheeler riders who wear a helmet. They do not fasten the belt around their chin or if they do, it's very loose.

It's good as good as riding without a helmet if not worse.
amyntor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 14:15   #40775
Distinguished - BHPian

A Suzuki Access scooter on which a husband and wife were riding was hit by a BMW in Worli, Mumbai. This happened today, July 7 morning, leading to the death of 45-year-old Kaveri Nakhwa and injuring her husband. The accident happened at 5.30 am near Atria Mall in the Koliwada area of Worli.

The vehicle, owned by a Palghar-based political leader, had his son and a driver inside. After hitting the couple's scooter, Kaveri was dragged for 100 meters on the car's bonnet before being flung onto the road. Despite locals rushing her to Nair Hospital, she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her husband, who managed to jump off the bonnet, is currently undergoing treatment.

Worli Police have registered a case against the two occupants of the BMW. The car's number plate was removed when it was brought to the police station. One person has been detained, and the car has been seized. The zonal DCP mentioned that no arrests have been made yet, but the process is underway.

The news and link:-

Woman dies after being dragged by speeding BMW in Mumbai's Worli

http://dhunt.in/VsXFy?s=a&uu=0x4a09defdfbda8a93&ss=pd
Source : "Money Control" via Dailyhunt
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 10:27   #40776
BHPian

NDTV: Nagpur Man, 60, On Cycle Run Over By Bus. CCTV Captures Chilling Video...

The cyclist seems to be driving in a straight line in the extreme left (though some may argue there is some more space to his left). Even the bus seems to be in moderate speed. Most likely the bus driver was distracted or was looking elsewhere instead of the road ahead.

https://www.ndtv.com/nagpur-news/nag...dtv_topstories
Old 9th July 2024, 14:07   #40777
Distinguished - BHPian

In a peculiar accident in Cyber City, Gurugram, a lady while driving her Mahindra Thar was hit by a Honda Amaze from the rear. Amazingly, the Amaze hit was such that the Thar climbed an electric pole. Fortunately noone was injured. The lady driver climbed down from the Thar that got perched on the pole. This unusual scene soon became a hotspot for clicks.

The news
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../111596393.cms

A video on X
https://twitter.com/i_Priyadarshi/st...p3CQWxSMA&s=19
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 19:39   #40778
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic of this thread - Accidents in India.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 11:49   #40779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
NDTV: Nagpur Man, 60, On Cycle Run Over By Bus. CCTV Captures Chilling Video...

The cyclist seems to be driving in a straight line in the extreme left (though some may argue there is some more space to his left). Even the bus seems to be in moderate speed. Most likely the bus driver was distracted or was looking elsewhere instead of the road ahead.
Say the video, the old man seem to be drifting towards the middle of road. This, yet, cannot absolve the bus driver of the error.

Somehow, the cyclist, 2-wheeler riders, auto & e-rickshaws, etc. have their own riding rules, completely oblivious of the rules set up for safety of all.

This morning I was waiting at a major junction, & a lady on a 2-wheeler sneaked past the traffic, jumping signal, riding against the oncoming traffic as she had to save time (more than her life). A chartered bus driver managed to stop the bus just in nick of time. Yet she did not return to sense & continued her ride against the tide (traffic). The cops were on the other side which could have boldened her to jump the signal.
Old 11th July 2024, 14:09   #40780
Distinguished - BHPian

A Maruti Swift was driven by a youth with four of his friends for a late night party on the outskirts of Nagpur city. The fivesome were on their way back at around 2.30 am and on an open stretch of the highway, the Swift was touching high speeds. The video shows the driver dancing on his seat while boogeying to a tune. The car was being driven in a zig zag manner. The occupants were around or below 20 years of age or so, and were too overjoyed during the return drive. The car hit the medians and self destructed itself. Two of the occupants died.

The parents are also to blame for letting out the kids loose. They are seen now embroiled in a pall of gloom in the video after the accident. Precautions regarding such dangerous adventures need to be ingrained in the kids mindsets by parents during their childhood years. Adolescents very seldom listen to sermons and childhood is the best phase when such lessons can be taught.

The video:-

https://twitter.com/TOI_Nagpur/statu...NZ7fiTGvA&s=19
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 17:34   #40781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
They are seen now embroiled in a pall of gloom in the video after the accident. Precautions regarding such dangerous adventures need to be ingrained in the kids mindsets by parents during their childhood years. Adolescents very seldom listen to sermons and childhood is the best phase when such lessons can be taught.
Not five lives, but whole five families and friends and their dreams puffed out, it's very sad to see.

And rightly said, these aspects need to be imbedded in the childhood.
People need to understand that every unlawfulness they do in presence of their child, is actually corrupting those minds.

One another recent news article showing, yet again, the dangers of blind spot around larger vehicles.

sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 10:37   #40782
BHPian

Quote:
the Thar climbed an electric pole. Fortunately noone was injured.
Strange crash. Hope its not an electric Thar, trying to recharge !!
chaitanyakrish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 11:14   #40783
BHPian

Quote:
The video shows the driver dancing on his seat while boogeying to a tune. The car was being driven in a zig zag manner. The occupants were around or below 20 years of age or so, and were too overjoyed during the return drive. The car hit the medians and self destructed itself. Two of the occupants died.
Luckily no one else on the road is injured. This is not an accident but more of hooliganism that ended with the incident and may be a lesson learned for the survivors.
trave11er is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 00:17   #40784
BHPian

Saw this video today in my feed. It was captured in Tamil Nadu. That kid survived luckily. Very sad state of affairs.

TurboTorque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 15:58   #40785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
Saw this video today in my feed. It was captured in Tamil Nadu. That kid survived luckily. Very sad state of affairs.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=c31hFzLr...cNhHjqPPfC6M3v

It's total disregard for life, of self and others. If the Governments are really worried about public, they should ensure that the public transport does not allow this type of footboard rides. The police also should enforce the safety. No point in patting selves on the back hyping about Vande Bharat, Metro, or expressways if the urban issue of overcrowded commutes cannot be addressed.

The boy was lucky. I shudder to think of the consequences. I have done these rides as a kid - those days - about 3 decades ago, it looked heroic. We weren't taught the value of life then. We aren't taught now.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks