Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2719.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 5797580)
And on top of that, when these hazard flashing guys come to an intersection, we have to be even more careful as I have no idea whether he will go

Exactly, and I really noticed it on a busy stretch of multi-lane road ending in a T. Traffic is crossing both ways to take its chosen road at the end. Nobody knows where where the Hazard Guys are going!

This is a serious problem. I'm thinking of starting a petition with govt to mandate car companies to separate hazard lights from indicators:Frustrati

'Hazard light' flashing cars are just proving they are actual hazards on the road and to steer away from them.

On a serious note - goes on to show - how driving schools / instructors / exams have failed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 5797580)
Maybe they also turn on the indicator with hazard lights on :Frustrati

This is very true!! :uncontrol I have personally seen some of my friends and relatives do it. They have their hazard lights on during rain, and also turn on their indicators by default if they are turning because of pure muscle memory. Although I appreciate the fact that they atleast want to turn on their indicators while they are turning, which many Indians don't do, I advise them not to turn on their hazard lights in the rain since it causes a lot of disturbance and misinformation to others

It has started raining heavily in NCR and at least 90% cars will have hazard lights on during rains. This includes people from all types, cabs and private cars, not sure where are people getting this knowledge from

Part of a flyover concrete slab fell on a moving car in Andheri East on Western Express Highway just yesterday.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1720120043386.jpg

Driver escaped with minor injuries. Had the slab fallen on the roof of the car it would've been fatal.

This looks so scary. Looks straight out of the famous Hollywood Franchise, Final Destination.

Looks like a test drive car from Skoda, maybe Kushaq.

Image Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...120087834.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_v8 (Post 5797836)
Part of a flyover concrete slab fell on a moving car in Andheri East on Western Express Highway just yesterday. Driver escaped with minor injuries.

One of my fears about driving under a constructing or constructed flyover/metro line is that something might fall on the car/bike. I always consciously take the leftmost line but you can’t take leftmost line all the time. Luckily no one was injured in the above accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BhayanaV (Post 5797830)
It has started raining heavily in NCR and at least 90% cars will have hazard lights on during rains. This includes people from all types, cabs and private cars, not sure where are people getting this knowledge from

Sir, this is a classic demonstration of Herd / Mob mentality. If someone is doing something, the herd follows blindly. It's a self preservation technique. Why use the brain when someone is doing it for you. Following is easier than thinking.

Image credit: Internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkamath (Post 5797858)
Sir, this is a classic demonstration of Herd / Mob mentality. If someone is doing something, the herd follows blindly. It's a self preservation technique. Why use the brain when someone is doing it for you. Following is easier than thinking.

Very true @ashkamath. And at the risk of being mobbed, I can say we Indians top in this attitude. My own family can argue non-stop, how can something be wrong when everyone is dong it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_v8 (Post 5797836)
Part of a flyover concrete slab fell on a moving car in Andheri East on Western Express Highway just yesterday.

Image Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...120087834.html

“The bridge is old. We have asked the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to submit a report based on a structural audit to ascertain if there was any negligence,”

First action should be to seal off the area to prevent any further such incident. Audit may take months and then action over there, years
If one slab has fallen, there must be other weak parts too, near or far.

BTW why another audit needed

On June 24, HT had reported how the Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) had informed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in an audit report in April that the superstructure of the flyover was in a precarious condition and needed urgent repairs.

There is no priority for citizen's well being. :disappointed

This horrific accident happened couple days ago at Kannur, Kerala. A lady walking by the side of the road is hit & flung far away by a Swift driven at high speed & recklessly by a guy working at a police station. Looks like driver deliberately did it or was drunk.
What’s the point of sending rovers to moon & mars if we can’t have basic road infrastructure in place like pavements, drains, good roads etc
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Gs3...ibextid=xCPwDs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkamath (Post 5797858)

Funnily though, in Mumbai - Pune Expressway tunnels, I had seen drivers both using hazard lights some 5-6 years back and not using them now.

I think the driving behavior is a kinda bell curve, it goes towards a crazy proportion following bad practice and reverses following a good practice. Hence, it is always advisable to practice good behaviors, though at times, it may feel futile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 5796926)
A bus carrying pilgrims suffered brake failure in Ramban, but was lucky to have presence of Armed forces and Police nearby.
There are injuries reported as people tried to get off the moving bus, but the quick thinking police and Army personals along with the bus driver managed to get the bus in control averting a major tragedy.

Another angle which shows the rescuers running alongside, catching up with the bus and successfully able to slow it down to a slope.

https://youtu.be/lCgknMW2sZo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlearner (Post 5797805)
This is a serious problem. I'm thinking of starting a petition with govt to mandate car companies to separate hazard lights from indicators:Frustrati

VW Polo does this: If hazards are on and indicator is used, four-light flashing stops and just the indicator is shown. Seems the obvious solution. I do not know if other brands do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5798141)
VW Polo does this: If hazards are on and indicator is used, four-light flashing stops and just the indicator is shown. Seems the obvious solution. I do not know if other brands do it.

Generally the hazard lights have a different relay and is not connected with the indicator stalk, this hazard light would take preference over turning indicator. Hence logically turning on the hazards will turn off the indicators. Emergency situation will take precedence over turning. Also, hazards work without you having to leave the ignition key in, a relay is used to turn the indicators off for you if you happen to remove the key & forget to cancel the indicator.

That’s why the Hazard lights can be turned on even when the vehicle is switched off while indicators won’t work in that condition.

Probably your VW polo has a different logic circuit.