Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2716.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.A.GTC (Post 5794715)
https://youtu.be/uZmkKA5b6Ks

Just gonna leave this here.

Hope you really left 'that' there!

Useless liabilities on road.

One of my driving instructors told me to always apply handbrake when waiting at signal, etc. His point was that the guy behind is liable for hitting you, but you are liable for hitting the guy in front if your car is shunted forwards. I have no idea if this was legally accurate in UK, or would be in India. However, I'd prefer to only have to get one end of my car repaired! Instructor said not to trust footbrake, is it is quite possible to let the foot off in such an event.

I actually prefer handbrake. I like to relax at red signals!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5795037)
I actually prefer handbrake. I like to relax at red signals!

It's also easier to get going on inclined stops (plenty around Bangalore) without rolling backwards; no riding the clutch in MTs (or standing in D in older ATs lacking hill hold assist) and drivers who'd rather not try deft footwork in thick traffic.

Shift into 1st, feather throttle just enough to engage forward motion, drop handbrake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaser (Post 5794959)
Is an FIR or CSR an absolute necessity for filing an insurance claim? I am currently filing a claim but have not been specifically asked for a police report.

I mentioned all these details (on the claim form). An inspection was completed at the body-shop. Necessary papers have been submitted & I'm waiting for claim settlement.

As far as I am aware, an FIR is not absolutely necessary for lodging an Insurance Claim.
If you haven't been asked to submit a police report then you may deem it not necessary for the subject claim.
You mentioned that the survey & paper work are completed. Once the insurance company process your papers/documents, the claim should be settled soon.

My vehicle got rear ended on 28th because of one stupid cyclist while my wife was driving to office.

I equally blame the drive behind of Kushaq, at that time I could not check the dashcam footage and it appeared to be normal traffic situation of abrupt braking.

But Now when I watched the video multiple time, seems driver behind was distracted while holding coffee in one hand and using only one hand in dense traffic.
Also, at last moment cars seems to be accelerating rather than slowing down.

Driver said that he tried to avoid by turning right but it doesn't seems so.

I have his contact number, but not sure how to approach him now.

Posting video below.

Going to body shop tomorrow. Initial assessment based on photos is to replace the bumper and quarter panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0y98jKdlPw

It doesn't matter why the car in front stops. It doesn't even matter whether or not they had a good reason. If the following car hits, the driver is at fault. If they are not even looking at the road, that adds icing to the cake.

Well done for avoiding the kid, who doesn't know not to play silly games in the real world of lethal traffic on a main road. But we must expect that from children in the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KumarS (Post 5795146)
My vehicle got rear ended on 28th because of one stupid cyclist while my wife was driving to office.

Kushaq 100% at fault for hitting your wifes car.

Your wife 100% credit for defensive driving and avoiding becoming 3rd party to the cyclist/dio.

Lady Dio 100% hit & run! Chalta hai, Bangalore hai, cut corners, overtake from left, tunnel vision not to spot the cyclist drift left - basically the main Douche here!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KumarS (Post 5795146)

I guess the cyclist has to take part of the blame. The lady scooter rider was at the left most edge when the cyclist at 00:15 sec turns back and moves left crashing into her. Cyclists need to understand that on such main roads, they are at the lowest pecking order and SELF PRESERVATION is the key. Doing such antics is not helping anyone.

Accident this morning on Begur Koppa Road just after the NICE road bridge / after SNN Raj Serenity apartments whiled heading towards Electronic City. Blue Baleno seemed to have hit a BESCOM pole while coming from St. Mary's School Side right outside Eagle Ridge Gate. The right fender, right wheel was badly damaged, see screen grab from Dash Cam footage (Vehicle was being towed). THE BESCOM guys were there too attending to fix the pole which had bent pretty badly. Hope nobody had any serious injury, there were a few people and some traffic due to the incident. This is becoming a highly accident prone area due to the speeds involved between St. Mary's School junction to NICE Road Bridge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 5795169)

Lady Dio 100% hit & run! Chalta hai, Bangalore hai, cut corners, overtake from left, tunnel vision not to spot the cyclist drift left - basically the main Douche here!!

From ideal riding perspective she is at fault but won't blame her for this accident.
It was the cyclist who started this. How he joins the road in middle from left and then drift towards extreme left while looking right. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 5795178)
I guess the cyclist has to take part of the blame. The lady scooter rider was at the left most edge when the cyclist at 00:15 sec turns back and moves left crashing into her. Cyclists need to understand that on such main roads, they are at the lowest pecking order and SELF PRESERVATION is the key. Doing such antics is not helping anyone.

yes, and also the kushaq guy, speed was not that much and he could have stopped the vehicle if he was attentive or even just driving properly.

The cyclist in this instance is just a child. I will not say this for 17-yr-olds, but for this kid, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the parents. OK, I think I did previously say this, but again...

This is what is going to happen if a child is given a cycle, taught how to balance, and let out on the road. One would think that the life and health of their offspring, even if they don't care about the fall-out effects on others, would be enough to ensure that the kid gets a road education before being let out alone. This child doesn't even know to look where he's going.

Let's also remind ourselves: children on or near the road are always a potential hazard to drivers. They are unpredictable. From a position where it just shouldn't happen, this child ends up on the road, and falls into the traffic. Let this be a lesson to us!

Met with an accident on my Carens last Wednesday. It happened right after the Bazullah Road Signal in North Usman Road. An auto parked on the left side suddenly decided to cut right onto the main road. Left Rear Door and Rear Fender got scratched very badly. The auto guy ran away knowing it was his mistake. Noted down the auto number just in case.

Handed over the car to the Kia Service Centre in Perumudi on that day itself after talking to their service manager. Will be taking delivery tomorrow morning.

Rear Door and Fender

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240626_110815.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240626_110803.jpg

Rear Fender

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240626_110807.jpg

Dashcam Capture

https://youtu.be/wCJgVJQCwv4

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonbourne (Post 5795602)
An auto parked on the left side suddenly decided to cut right onto the main road. Left Rear Door and Rear Fender got scratched very badly. The auto guy ran away knowing it was his mistake.

Couple of points.
1. No doubt it's his mistake too, he knew that and ran away. Just after the accident spot, there was a little buffer zone for stopping vehicles I guess. This auto driver should've stopped there.
2. Auto lights are visible from far, so there is a chance that driver is in the Auto and we should've known this little early, move towards little right? May be give him few more inches buffer.
3. I think it is a narrow street to overtake from left side of that white car or atleast camera angle make me think so.
4. With in the city, atleast in such narrow roads, consider not over taking. Just go with the flow to be on safer side.
5. Note the platform rickshaw coming in the opposite side.

It could've been worse, imagine some idiot jumping on to road out of the auto, you've no room to react. Our cities are full of such situations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 5794225)
Why should this "jeopardize lives of people" (at par with all the other things mentioned)?

I am surprised at this question, on this forum! Any activity which distracts the driver, and comes in the way of a singular focus on the road and vehicle conditions, has the potential to cause an accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboTorque (Post 5795738)
But here, a kid sits on the roof after popping out from the sunroof. Just one sudden brake would bring the kid on the road which might take his life. What stupidity and irresponsible behaviour.

Sometimes I wonder at the thought process behind such antics - is it because the car is 5 star rated and amongst the safest in the country? Can people be so foolish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pequod (Post 5795846)
Sometimes I wonder at the thought process behind such antics - is it because the car is 5 star rated and amongst the safest in the country? Can people be so foolish?

Many times, we confuse an expensive car owner to be a smart educated person. That's not true. Coming into money doesn't imply that the owner/driver is any or all of these.Smart, educated, cultured, civil, knowledgeable, wise, considerate & patient.

I have seen people who cannot name his car nor can distinguish between the various knobs / switches on his dashboard, people who have no formal training in driving, no knowledge of road rules and regulations, people who are totally dumb or ignorant or foolish as you say

One of my favourite lines - people come in many forms of grey. Our assumption or expectation that these expensive/5 star rated car owners are sensible and behave civil is very misplaced.

I reside in Goa and I have seen all types of stupidity, the vehicle owners display such as driving into the beach/sea, driving with boot open and passengers sitting there hanging out their feet, sitting on the bonnet, pillion rider sitting facing backwards, motorcycle rider with nothing ON, but an underwear, girl sitting on the petrol tank of a motorcycle facing backward. And children/adults jetting out of the sun roof of a car is a common scene.

We have to drive on the road with a premise that, there are totally stupid/ foolish drivers/riders out there, who shouldn't be driving/riding in the first place, but money doesn't distinguish or discriminate between foolish and smart or between dumb and wise. So such drivers will continue to show their shenanigans and the best way to tackle them is to stay away from them. Karma will catch up sometime sooner than later and we don't want any part of it.

Keeping away from the stupid drivers, being aware and keeping an eye on such drivers is the way for the sane and considerate drivers to be safe on the road.