Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2699.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kishoreshack (Post 5772338)
Just for saving Rs 100 he is ready to go Jail
This is what is wrong in this country

He knows that he can get away with saving his 100 bucks! His case will be stuck in the judicial red tape for the next 25 years - and may be let off with a fine when it finally surfaces.

That, my friends, is what is wrong with this country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe (Post 5772561)
He knows that he can get away with saving his 100 bucks! His case will be stuck in the judicial red tape for the next 25 years - and may be let off with a fine when it finally surfaces.

That, my friends, is what is wrong with this country.

True that. This is why I suggested e-challan system in the first place. These days I see so many cops who will pull you over and let you off after clicking a picture of the number plate. Works well for petty offences such as seatbelt, wrong turn, talking on phone, etc. as there is no need to argue with anyone. The challan is issued instantly and can be paid online. The best part is that all challans have to be cleared before selling off the car. These online fines are the only reason that people in Delhi have started to follow 50 km/hr speed limits even on empty stretches and stop before the stop line at signals. For obstructing toll plaza movement, even a ₹1000 rupee fine will act as a good enough deterrent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doga (Post 5770961)
Had an ungraceful touchdown yesterday on my commute to work.
I was wearing gloves with knox sliders, short city riding boots and of course helmet so palms and feet are fine. Sadly wasn’t wearing any other gear.

This post kept replaying in my mind, grateful for sharing and hope you come out of the incident completely. I ride my motorcycle to office and can relate to your point on riding gear for the office commute. I have been donning my riding gear on top of office wear which includes jacket, gloves and boots but have refrained from riding pants because of the inconvenience. Your post has made me reconsider that.

Another accident involving a Porsche, occurred in Mallapuram, resulting in death of a 18 year old kid on a motorcycle.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1000020100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1000020101.jpg

News Article
Pic sourced from WA forward.

This incident is very close to a Tamil movie scene (movie called Esan)

https://youtu.be/AICaPRHOttU?si=tIdkIZEtaaDv1sNg
Unrelated -
Isn't the car supposed to be given only after registration by any dealer? Or is this a case of tax evasion too by driving a unregistered car?

While the criminal case is ongoing, the owner of the vehicle has to be legally bankrupted in the civil compensation case (I know it is wishful thinking).

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 5773076)
Another accident involving a Porsche, occurred in Mallapuram, resulting in death of a 18 year old kid on a motorcycle.

Unpopular opinion.

Porsche should probably implement a customer criteria/restrictions for their entire lineup especially for Indians. Otherwise, they will become the KTMs of the 4 wheel world.

They anyway have such restrictions for their marquees like the GT3 RS, probably should extend the same for any car! May sound like a discrimination but I wonder how many Indians really are well trained and disciplined to drive such high performance cars. People can pay a bribe and get licence in India, and just having cash is not at all a good indicator for good driving skills.

I agree, the right thing to do is to ensure we strengthen our driving licence process but I don’t think ANY government wants to prioritize things that are difficult especially when the dividends are yielded many years in the future.

The weirdest and scariest one from Kerala today.

https://youtu.be/1xnXot9-Jp8?si=WRZoti8lYrYWy6ol

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-77 (Post 5773580)

Quite wierd & scary. The driver immediately gets down, walks away and mingles with the crowd. For a moment, I thought he would help the fallen person to get on his knees and help him. But no, he just walked past the fallen person to merge with crowd beyond.

I guess, He, along with the others, may even start searching for the reckless driver. Brilliant!

The way, the man waliked away looking cool, I think he has sufficient experience in such matters or is a brilliant person. The public is generally not kind to such drivers and have their own way of disciplining such reckless drivers.

Until the video exposes the man. And by then, he could have safely reached his home and reached out to some of his influential friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkamath (Post 5773597)
The driver immediately gets down, walks away and mingles with the crowd. For a moment, I thought he would help the fallen person to get on his knees and help him. But no, he just walked past the fallen person to merge with crowd beyond.

To give the benefit of the doubt to the driver, I think he was going to check on the second person he hit against the Ecosport which seemed to be quite serious. And upon seeing the first person he hit, his reaction was to put his hand on his head.

Looks like a case of panic pressing accelerator instead of brake after hitting the two wheeler first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avk (Post 5773635)
Looks like a case of panic pressing accelerator instead of brake after hitting the two wheeler first.

Yes, I agree there. perhaps he was concerned about the second person he hit against the car. That's very plausible. Again, instead of walking away from the scene, he went towards the injured persons. So, very much plausible. I got that wrong. I went by the typical attitude of the truck drivers on highway. When they meet with an accident, generally they flee due to fear of reprisal from the bystanders. I believe, I am wrong in this instance.

Quote:

https://youtu.be/1xnXot9-Jp8?si=WRZoti8lYrYWy6ol

A longer footage of this crash was shared on my whatsapp group today. Not sure how to upload it here.

The video starts with the Polo (most probably a GT TSI) on the left shoulder at crawling speeds. Biker was going in the same direction. Car driver decided to take a U-turn. He was halfway through this manoeuvre that he saw the fast approaching biker. Driver hits the gas pedal instead of brake even before the actual impact. If not for the terrible last minute reaction, the biker would have narrowly missed hitting the car. If DUI is ruled out, it seems that the old man was still learning to drive.

Hope the two victims are able to recover from this harrowing experience. I don't think it's visible in the above footage but there was a lady with a small kid right next to the second victim. She ran inside the shop on hearing the sound of first impact, while the poor red shirt guy went towards the scene. :sadface

Quote:

The car driver was lucky that there was no other vehicle on the road during this circus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avk (Post 5773635)

I think there is more to it. Something went seriously wrong with the car.
If you notice, towards the end of the video, even after the driver exited and walked a distance, the front right wheel of the car is still revving. Somebody came running and stopped the engine. That means, the car engine wasn't in his control and was revving away.

Not sure if this is already shared on this thread / elsewhere on this forum.

Possibly due to excessive heat might've caused the tire to bulge and eventually giving up, although those speeds were quite moderate. Luckily the family is safe which proves the build quality, but, doesn't explain what caused the tire burst in the first place. Perhaps, quality of the tire?

Regardless, increase in wheel size & low profile tires don't go quite well for our Indian roads most likely!

Quote:

Video from other angle shows how it started. Looks like it was an unsafe U-Turn gone wrong.

https://twitter.com/DriveSmart_IN/st...03282401522034

(video from news channel)
https://twitter.com/DriveSmart_IN/st...84638827839824