Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2698.html)

Poor designed infrastructure + high adrenaline = cocktail of death. That's what flashes in mind after seeing the video.

May be the Indian education system must have a mandatory training on traffic rules, traffic etiquette etc.

It's a huge junction, they thought a roundabout will solve the traffic problem.

We Indians don't know how to drive at a roundabout, its always who blinks first and gives way for the other. We don't know who has right of way at a roundabout.

Anyways, this accident is not because of this roundabout design, the accident happened when there is no traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altrozed (Post 5769553)
Downloaded a sample image from TOI.
This NAD flyover supposed to be a rotary F/O but in reality it became a diamond/parallelogram shaped with no space to make a turn. If anybody has to travel straight, there is no curved space or banking angle. All large lorries , trailers has to enter this F/O. Taking a left turn or straight, they keep hitting the boundary walls or push off other vehicles to the ground.

Thanks for the explanation. And yes, I see from GMaps (Satellite view) that this roundabout is not really a circular shape. Its oblong shape is definitely odd.

Do you think having a speed-breaker just at the entry of roundabout will help? I have seen such speed-breakers in Chennai on such roundabouts (but of course, they are circular roundabouts, not oblong). I feel they are effective there to some extent.

A lady, claiming to be using mobile app for leading her to her relatives' home, drove her Jeep straight over 6-7 persons sleeping near a dead-end of a street in Chennai recently.

She was arrested for drunken driving though and released on bail.

Source: https://www.timesnownews.com/chennai...icle-110078542

Have you guys observed that none of the crashed vehicle shown in pics here have deployed Airbags. Am I missing something here? Is it because Airbag fitted are faulty Airbags?

Had an ungraceful touchdown yesterday on my commute to work. Thanks to the numerous bumps and craters on the Mumbai roads, splattered generously with gravel on the sides. My haste was also to blame, should have been slower.

The traffic in front came to a halt rather suddenly and I couldn’t brake properly due to the bumps. Right after the bumps I grabbed the front brake and the front let go. On motorcycles there is no point of return in a split second I found myself lying on the tarmac.

Nice skin peeling on the forearms and the knee. Walking a with a limp. I was wearing gloves with knox sliders, short city riding boots and of course helmet so palms and feet are fine. Sadly wasn’t wearing any other gear. I have 2 mesh jackets, 1 leather jacket, 1 full racing suit, 1 riding pant and 1 riding jeans but wasn’t wearing any of it. Tried few times and always land in office dripping in sweat.

Been riding without most gears and many days I would think what would happen if I go down. Well, it is not if but when. Almost an inevitability of going down in a big city in India thanks to atrocious road and traffic condition. Weather makes sure that gear is very uncomfortable. I am beginning to contemplate on giving up motorcycle commute altogether. The 45 mins - 1 hour I save over both ways is not really worth the hassle.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240515_120323.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240515_120303.jpg

Another instance of an altercation at a toll plaza. The driver of the Swift tries to flee and in the bargain, rams into the female toll staff and breaks the boom barrier.

https://youtu.be/zmbaQpjZ8CI

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamNikhil (Post 5770962)
Another instance of an altercation at a toll plaza. The driver of the Swift tries to flee and in the bargain, rams into the female toll staff and breaks the boom barrier.

While the car driver is at fault, it is equally stupid of the two ladies to stand in the way of someone trying to flee. Up North, I've seen toll operators really go out of their way to intercept non-complying vehicles. When you have CCTVs installed in the premises, isn't it safer to report the incident to traffic police and let them issue a challan instead of risking your life and limb?

The government needs to implement an online challaning system to stop such incidents. With most toll plazas equipped with CCTVs for evidence, it's just a matter of traffic police joining hands with toll operators.

On a general note, one factor that can make a huge difference is whether people drive according to the conditions, including:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI (Post 5767968)
I am unable to get over the mindless, reckless move with utter disdain surely done by a habituated offender. Third world driving attitude, even if the infrastructure aims to be first world. Dreaming of such a shortcut should result in a suspended license, actually attempting a manoeuvre even without incident should result in jail.

Didn't the truckers union make a big hue and cry about stringent, overhauled laws about hit and run incidents?

The driver is a murderer, plain and simple. He needs to rot in jail for the rest of his pathetic life, or get the death penalty.

Quote:

He would get caught and was going to get caught right? What the hell do driver's think when they try to pull something like this at toll plaza's? Should be punished, his license should be banned, should be sent to jail with attempt to murder if the lady is fine now and his car should be taken away.

Quote:

I find it surprising that one can spend >INR 10L on a swanky car but will go to great depths to avoid paying toll. This clearly shows the degraded mindset. In this case, it is proven beyond doubt that the driver has an IQ below Zero!!

Hope the toll plaza operator (lady in front of the car) survived the mindless action of the driver!

Quote:

Just for saving Rs 100 he is ready to go Jail
This is what is wrong in this country

Quote:

Originally Posted by self_driven (Post 5771323)
While the car driver is at fault, it is equally stupid of the two ladies to stand in the way of someone trying to flee. Up North, I've seen toll operators really go out of their way to intercept non-complying vehicles. When you have CCTVs installed in the premises, isn't it safer to report the incident to traffic police and let them issue a challan instead of risking your life and limb?

The government needs to implement an online challaning system to stop such incidents. With most toll plazas equipped with CCTVs for evidence, it's just a matter of traffic police joining hands with toll operators.

Police does absolutely nothing to these drivers. These toll operators are just doing their job - one need not be so critical of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doga (Post 5770961)
...I have 2 mesh jackets, 1 leather jacket, 1 full racing suit, 1 riding pant and 1 riding jeans but wasn’t wearing any of it. Tried few times and always land in office dripping in sweat.

There was a Indian American Tbhp'n who had a Black Ducati and some nice black car/s I recall.

His signature used to read 'Better to sweat than bleed'.

I did not understand it back then.

Quote:

I understand the need to do your job. But why risk your life for a meagre salary over an issue that could easily be solved with penalties. Yes, 100% the driver needs to be punished severely. No excuses.