Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2024, 17:34   #40036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
I saw he stopped a little ahead. Was he made to realize what his actions resulted in?
That would be giving him too much credit. He would have stopped to see what the fuss was all about and why someone would fall on the road from their bike.

Him causing said fall, would probably be the last idea on his mind.

And kudos to the OP for driving at sedate speeds thus avoiding what could have been a bad accident.
deathwalkr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 18:28   #40037
BHPian

Kudos @Arwin07 for your sedate driving and quick reflex. Kudos to the car following you for maintaining a safe distance.
Wonder if eagle-eyed BHPians have any complaints with @Arwin07's driving.
rajivr1612 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 19:01   #40038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
The culprit is the FZ who rashly overtook the Royal Enfield and braked suddenly causing the Enfield to lose balance and fall on my path.
Great escape, without dashcam driving is becoming impossible in India. The Enfield person also never knew that the biker is going to overtake & cut him, rearview mirrors are never used by most of the bikers, it just sits in some position in the bike like an ornament !

Last edited by Thyag : 9th March 2024 at 19:02. Reason: Removed Tanglish word
Thyag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 19:39   #40039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
While minding my own business at 30kmph
Sedate driving in city gives enough reaction time.
By the way, was the royal enfield driver aware of what happened behind?

Another Incident where a Creta who is at high speed on a highway, tried to dodge an auto taking U turn and crashed into a nearby restaurant.
Both the occupants of Creta passed away but the car cabin is intact, so most likely not wearing seatbelts ?
And a small boy from the restaurant is also killed.

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/m...-latur-2929475

chaitanyakrish is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 19:53   #40040
BHPian

I have seen people driving Creta at insane speeds as if they are the fastest cars in India. I am sure such drivers do overestimate their machine. Unfortunately this was one of them and had to pay the price!
sj_koova is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:09   #40041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have seen people driving Creta at insane speeds as if they are the fastest cars in India. I am sure such drivers do overestimate their machine. Unfortunately this was one of them and had to pay the price!
Not only Creta, even Venue also, they seem to think & drive like they are in some kind of tank!

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th March 2024 at 00:01.
Thyag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 21:10   #40042

Came across this dashcam video of a very rashly driven Skoda.

A clear case of both driver's being at fault, the Dzire for overtaking from the left and the Rapid's rash cut.

On a side note, this road looks to be the Tambaram bypass, quite notorious for this kind of driving!
Blink2Disappear is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 21:34   #40043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink2Disappear View Post
A clear case of both driver's being at fault, the Dzire for overtaking from the left and the Rapid's rash cut.
This is possible on multi lane highways, where two vehicles from outer lanes merge into center lane into each other's blind spot.
The overlapping region is the blindspot of both and there's a risk of side swipe crash.
To avoid this, we need to look at all lanes before changing lanes on multi lane highways.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20240309_212322.jpg

I had posted a video about this :

chaitanyakrish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 21:54   #40044

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Just not limited to Creta or a Venue, but most compact SUVs tend to be driven a mite rashly, including Seltos/ Sonet twins. Maybe the higher seating of an SUV with the resultant 'commanding' views of the road, coupled with the easy acceleration available on pressing the foot pedal nowadays (and the paddle shifts too)

That was a horribly insane speed by the Creta when approaching gap in a highway, and the auto taking a leisurely turn on the highway was the trigger for this accident. Maybe both Creta driver and auto drivers were distracted(cell phone use?).

So sorry to know of the loss of three lives! Including the poor boy in the restaurent.
Old 9th March 2024, 22:42   #40045
BHPian

Rear wheel detaches from Hero Vida, resulting in fatal accident for its rider.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20240309wa0007.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20240309wa0006.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20240309wa0005.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20240309wa0004.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20240309wa0003.jpg

Screen shots taken from the above YouTube video.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2024 at 08:43. Reason: Moving pics up, thanks for sharing
corvus corax is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 14:05   #40046
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink2Disappear View Post
Came across this dashcam video of a very rashly driven Skoda.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=HWZFUXX-Qw4

On a side note, this road looks to be the Tambaram bypass, quite notorious for this kind of driving!
I have watched this clip several times. The real problem here is that ALL of the vehicles are travelling in the WRONG lanes at the WRONG speed. With the exception of the 2 wheelers.
Hogging lane 2 and 3 by slower moving (and mostly left side over taking) vehicles
has resulted in Road Rage by a frustrated driver.
The "cammers" driving is just as bad as the "road ragers" driving.
Failure to follow (or understand) road rules is the real reason why this type of incident happens. It is also why I think the Indian National speed limit should be 80kmh. In general most Indian drivers are jut not ready for 110/120 kmh speed limits.
Driver education and enforcement of existing road rules is desperately needed to avoid the atrocious driving seen everywhere in India. At present there is no real deterrent in force to encourage people to drive sensibly. You need penalties that "hurt" including impounding or destroying vehicles, banning bad drivers and even imprisonment for repeat offenders.
Maybe when standards improve start to bring in 110/120 kmh limits. The right to drive at such speeds has to be "earned" it should not be considered as an automatic "right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
This is possible on multi lane highways, where two vehicles from outer lanes merge into center lane into each other's blind spot.
The overlapping region is the blindspot of both and there's a risk of side swipe crash.
To avoid this, we need to look at all lanes before changing lanes on multi lane highways.

Attachment 2581231

I had posted a video about this :

https://Youtu.be/kIbj93X1rS8
Again this video clips confirms my previous comment about incorrect lane use and speed. Yet again the "cammer" is also at fault for not following the rules regards left side overtaking ( undertaking in the UK). Also caused by the slow moving goods vehicle hogging the outside lane.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th March 2024 at 19:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Redex is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 14:53   #40047
BHPian

Pothole dangers.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Qwe...lnbXVtZmcxag==

Last edited by ruskinash : 10th March 2024 at 14:54.
ruskinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 17:23   #40048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex View Post
undertaking in the UK
As per MVDR of India, overtaking using the left lane is allowed on multi lane highways. The truck should not not be on the right lane but that's not a big problem.

In Australia, trucks use the right lane and is allowed and its done in a safe manner.

The main problematic driver in the video clip is the black car using the road shoulder to overtake, which is risky behavior.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 10th March 2024 at 17:39.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 00:15   #40049
BHPian

Quote:
As per MVDR of India, overtaking using the left lane is allowed on multi lane highways.
TIL. For reference the relevant section from the MVDR

Name:  Screenshot 20240311 001218.png
Views: 550
Size:  53.3 KB
anandhsub is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 00:59   #40050
BHPian

Quote:
The main problematic driver in the video clip is the black car using the road shoulder to overtake, which is risky behavior.
Sorry, there is no shoulder in that road (Chennai Bypass) for most of this road length, just 3 lanes. I use it pretty frequently and it's about 25km of expressway kind of road with no cross traffic (except 1 near toll) and fully fenced off. This driving behavior is very very common in that road.

I'm ashamed to say that I have overtaken from the left in speeds excess of 90kmph in this same road after getting frustrated by speed matching 50kmph trucks blocking both the outer lanes. It's uncommon for me to do it but I don't swerve to another lane immediately (i.e. sliding from leftmost to rightmost lane) like this black Skoda did.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks