Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2640.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by doga (Post 5697832)
Bit off topic, but this to me seems to be the case with these brands more than others-
Volkswagen, Mahindra and Hyundai(Creta).
Many Polo guys seem to think it's some kind of hot hatch when in reality it is anything but. Mahindra Thar these days is the ultimate 'Swag' car, probably only defeated in this regard by a G Wagon. Most have some insta id plastered on them, so you can go check the dude later in your free time who just overtook you!
Coming back to topic, why do I see so many Karnataka and Kerala incidents or is it that they have too many dashcams?

Agree with you on the Mahindra and Creta drivers. Having owned a Scorpio in the past myself, I can say that it has the driving dynamics of a brick!

The Polo on the other hand my friend, belongs to a different league altogether. It is indeed a hot hatch, and a lot of fun for someone who knows what he's doing.
Not condoning rash driving, but just saying...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5697879)
It is a puff of smoke from the exhaust from the looks of it. It looks like he accelerated instead of slowing down and lost control because of the sudden yanking of the steering to overtake.

Yes, cut too sharp while overtaking and lost control, probably an immature driver. That vehicle doesn't have the dynamics to do such sharp cuts and it seems like in panic, he stepped on the gas pedal instead of braking harder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorsan (Post 5697804)
Wonder how the driver managed to do that.

Unfortunately, if the driver doesn’t have regards for traffic rules, traffic signages, lane marking, Road had all these markings, for speed, for no overtaking and clearly a bold line not for over taking. Still he took chances and paid the price of toppling the vehicle.

Lucky that everything happened in his lane only and didn’t interfere with the oncoming traffic, it could have been really bad for the rickshaw driver. The people in rickshaw would be thanking their stars.

Traffic laws should be more severe/stringent for such morons who drive on the road with total disregard to others safety.

Footage of a hit-and-run accident, video reported to be from Patiala. Not sure about how this was caused, since the cctv captures the moments only once the lorry dashes against the 2-wheeler. The rider and pillion are ladies. The lorry appears to flee away and crushes the rider. The blood loss is evident on the road surface. Terrible accident. :Shockked:

P.s. Viewer discretion advised. Watch from +20 secs onward.

https://youtu.be/fu54Z_mq07o?si=K7NYLuheIr5cqhZQ

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi.mariner (Post 5697821)
During the overtake, there is a puff of dust on the right side of the road.

Google for Moose Test AKA Elk Test.

Anti-roll bar and multilink suspension in later Gen Scorps helped a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doga (Post 5697832)
Many Polo guys seem to think it's some kind of hot hatch when in reality it is anything but.

It depends on your yardstick. International, where 3-digit BHP is easy to find? Perhaps not. But the Polo GT models, when I bought my GT TDI, where the most powerful thing in family-budget hatchbacks. Nothing better without adding zeroes to the price :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaysrk (Post 5697912)
The Polo on the other hand my friend, belongs to a different league altogether. It is indeed a hot hatch, and a lot of fun for someone who knows what he's doing.

I hope I'm right in saying that I am not rash. But that still gives me room for a lot of fun with the Polo even in city driving.

Hey, people think Swift is a hot hatch. I know which I'd rather have (I've owned both) and I know which I feel safest in.

Quote:

Combination of poor driving skill, high CG vehicle and no ESP.

Quote:

Luckily, the Scorpio didn't manage to hit any other motorists on the road.

Punto wanted to go right and had its blinkers on; the Swift Dzire/ Amaze(?) braked seeing this.

The Scorpio, who was tailgating, might not have expected the Dzire/Amaze to brake and had to sway hard, resulting in the vehicle losing control and toppling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaysrk (Post 5697912)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5698209)
It depends on your yardstick. International, where 3-digit BHP is easy to find? Perhaps not. But the Polo GT models, when I bought my GT TDI, where the most powerful thing in family-budget hatchbacks. Nothing better without adding zeroes to the price :)

Well, maybe I think I am applying the international yardstick more here- The Seat Cupra R 225 BAM, Ford Focus RS, Civic Type Rs etc. I think a polo GT is not a hot hatch but the GTI most definitely is. Just plonking a Sedan engine from the same family/class on a hatchback doesn't make it hot does it?
A hot hatch is a hatchback just in proportion, but the motor/Chassis/Suspension etc are from a/couple segment above or may be even bespoke. If the Polo GT comes with the Octavia RS Motor, then yes, but if it's launched with the 1.5 TSI then may be not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by doga (Post 5698311)
e I think I am applying the international yardstick more here

But we are not in Europe or America. We are in India.

The original hot-hatch concept was, ahem, hatched with the VW Golf GTi. The concept being that it looked like a plain family car, but flew rather faster. Our GTs are, perhaps, a poor relative, but they are still rather nicely warm, at least.

A car presumably in high speed, topples over and dashes against a parked car. Miraculously, a little girl sitting in the parked vehicle exits the car just a few seconds prior to this. Judging by the intensity of the crash, the parked vehicle is sure to have been reduced to a dump.

https://youtu.be/fsOdJC31fEo

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamNikhil (Post 5698079)
Footage of a hit-and-run accident, video reported to be from Patiala.

This is why I feel the new law on Hit n Run is so much imp and required.

Further, it is so painful and agonising to see the behaviour of the passerbys... None of them even try to check or help the victim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX+ (Post 5695809)

As much unbelievable as it sounded then, I saw it with my own eyes few months later when one day early morning I was returning from Agra. Every KM or two, I came across a dead dog runover by some vehicle. :eek:

After the Yamuna Expway opened, I have not been on NH1, so don't know if this phenomenon is still happening. Anyone frequent on that stretch can confirm.

Went to agra on Thursday, seen it at atleast 8-10 places, where animal bits were being scraped off the road, and had atleast 5 instances where dogs came on express way during the whole journey from Delhi and back.

The peculiar thing was that in most of the cases the remains were closer to left shoulder.

Wouldn't being closer to left shoulder mean the person will be driving sedately and able to stop on stopping an animal on road?

Two bankers killed, 1 injured as car hits divider, topples on Bengaluru-Mysuru highway

Quote:

Two bankers from Bengaluru traveling in a car on the Bengaluru-Mysuru 10-lane highway early Saturday morning died as their car rammed into the divider near Maddur town and toppled on the road after the driver lost control over the vehicle.
https://english.varthabharati.in/kar...mysuru-highway

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-banker_vb_39.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1232657madduru1.jpg

The car involved in the accident looks like Scorpio-N from the rear lights. Don't if the airbags got deployed or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg2003 (Post 5699245)
Went to agra on Thursday, seen it at atleast 8-10 places, where animal bits were being scraped off the road, and had atleast 5 instances where dogs came on express way during the whole journey from Delhi and back.

Wouldn't being closer to left shoulder mean the person will be driving sedately and able to stop on stopping an animal on road?

No, this road is insane, I don't understand it. Through the entire stretch from Faridabad to Agra/ Mathura, there are just senseless dogs and they go blank bang in front of your vehicle, there is never time for a complete stop.

There are dogs on a lot of roads in India (thanks to some people!) but mostly, they are responsive to traffic while crossing, but not on this road, some specific gene pool!